New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIQ 2/20/12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Interesting game last night. I drove down to Sarasota to meet up with STATS and HUTCH at the University BWW. Not only did I set a new high, we nailed the last round, which for me was a first. We missed one on the first round and split on the ERA question in round 2. Spelling as always gets me as both letters never seem to register :evil: :evil: :evil: What questions did people have problems with?

Congrats to STATS on a nice game last night! I'm trying to get him to join the board...

Post subject: Re: SIQ 2/20/12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 am 
Centenarian

UCFHCY wrote:
Interesting game last night. I drove down to Sarasota to meet up with STATS and HUTCH at the University BWW. Not only did I set a new high, we nailed the last round, which for me was a first. We missed one on the first round and split on the ERA question in round 2. Spelling as always gets me as both letters never seem to register :evil: :evil: :evil: What questions did people have problems with?

Congrats to STATS on a nice game last night! I'm trying to get him to join the board...

we came close, we just didn't know all the hockey managers, and mixed up two, to give us 54 in the final round. Did well on about all the spelling except Jessica Korda. Only year we wished we had back was the 1950 where we were on 51 for too long (most others just bleeds for ~30.5/40). Wished the Varkonyi clue on 2002 was first instead of second :)...Missed the tennis/gymnastics in round 1. lost about 3.5/5 on the braves relief pitcher but got fortunate on the ERA.

spotes and I were trying to figure out where exactly that bww was :)

gavv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:27 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Yeah...the tennis/gymnastics was the one we missed. :oops: STATS said it's a new BWW. He's tried going in it before, but the line was too long. HUTCH doesn't get a chance to play much in the offseason (non-QB1) as he has three kids. STATS goes to whichever bar is more convenient depending on when he gets off work. I think once SIQ moves to the new time slot, he'll drive up to meet me at J.F. Kick's...and we'll rotate down to probably that BWW. I knew the manager on duty from the Brandon store when he was there training. He said that location has only been open for two months. Funny thing on Korda...STATS and HUTCH will sit there and talk before the game starts going through what happened that week...so we were ready for Korda and the golf questions.

gavv wrote:
we came close, we just didn't know all the hockey managers, and mixed up two, to give us 54 in the final round. Did well on about all the spelling except Jessica Korda. Only year we wished we had back was the 1950 where we were on 51 for too long (most others just bleeds for ~30.5/40). Wished the Varkonyi clue on 2002 was first instead of second :)...Missed the tennis/gymnastics in round 1. lost about 3.5/5 on the braves relief pitcher but got fortunate on the ERA.

spotes and I were trying to figure out where exactly that bww was :)

gavv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 pm 
Centenarian

UCFHCY wrote:
Yeah...the tennis/gymnastics was the one we missed. :oops: STATS said it's a new BWW. He's tried going in it before, but the line was too long. HUTCH doesn't get a chance to play much in the offseason (non-QB1) as he has three kids. STATS goes to whichever bar is more convenient depending on when he gets off work. I think once SIQ moves to the new time slot, he'll drive up to meet me at J.F. Kick's...and we'll rotate down to probably that BWW. I knew the manager on duty from the Brandon store when he was there training. He said that location has only been open for two months. Funny thing on Korda...STATS and HUTCH will sit there and talk before the game starts going through what happened that week...so we were ready for Korda and the golf questions.

9 times out of 10 I do with spotes and turbo as well, really usually just for golf/tennis/racing, but I just didn't this week ^^. I do wish they'd have courses as answers more often than golfers.

gavv