New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIQ 2/27/12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:48 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

In looking at the leaderboard last night, looks like the usual cast of characters was back at the top (GAVV, SPOTES, BO, and everyone else I'm forgetting). Nice game! STATS and I tried meeting in the middle...so we tried the BWW in Riverview on Big Bend Road. We nailed the first round...struggled the second round...did good on the spelling round...pretty good on the year round...setting us up for an eventful last round. We nailed the first two questions...on our way to nailing the third question when I look down and realize someone that just sat down at the bar has logged me out since there are two boxes on the same frequency!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: After a few choice venting words (since he was right behind us), I take the box back to the bar and throw it on the bar at the bartender, voicing my disgust as I ask for another one. Next box the 'U' isn't working, so I can't log back in. I head back to the bar and tell the bartender the 'U' isn't working and throw it back on the bar...while I grab another one that was sitting out at the bar. Needless to say...I was a little flustered for the last two questions.

What did y'all think of the game? Misses?

Post subject: Re: SIQ 2/27/12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:07 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

There was a question in the profiles with two correct answers. It asked which hockey player had spent his entire career with one NHL team. The "correct" answer was Nicklas Lidstrom but Martin Brodeur was also a choice. Naturally we picked Brodeur and didn't switch until we saw the Red Wings jersey.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:16 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Yeah...I didn't remember Brodeur starting out with another team, so we went with that...then I got down to Lidstrom and knew he has always been a [color=#FF0000]Wing The jersey just confirmed it. I meant to look Brodeur up after the game to see if he had started out with another team...but the box fiasco distracted me...lol[/color].

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:39 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Other than the hockey question in the Picture Round referenced above it wasnt too bad of a game. I was lucky enough to go with Lidstrom for nearly full value on that one. The follow up to that one was pretty easy. I had more trouble with the Mike Brown questions. Only got 2.0 on the picture part and wasnt sure on the follow up. I went with 2007 on that one because I knew they did reach the finals that year, but I wasnt sure that Brown was the coach then. Knew it could only be 07 or 09 and went with the wrong one.

I had 30/30 on the first round, 21.7 on the second, and 48/50 on the third so wetn into the last 2 rounds at 99.7. Years round was only 23.2 for me. I didnt think Spencer Haywood came onto the ABA that early so blew that one. ALso had mucho trouble for some reason with the 2009 one.

In the last round got 2 12's and 3 6's. Mixed up 2 answers on each of the hockey Calders, the Australian Opens, and the 2011 baseball ones for a total of 42 of 60

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:55 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Bonzo wrote:
There was a question in the profiles with two correct answers. It asked which hockey player had spent his entire career with one NHL team. The "correct" answer was Nicklas Lidstrom but Martin Brodeur was also a choice. Naturally we picked Brodeur and didn't switch until we saw the Red Wings jersey.

You're right there were two correct answers. Since we see a picture of Randy Johnson, a horse, and Patrick Ewing every time we play, the picture doesn't really help a lot...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:07 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Have you tried rebooting the computer? Maybe have management contact Buzztime about it? I remember that same issue a couple of years ago and it was really annoying...

clark wrote:
You're right there were two correct answers. Since we see a picture of Randy Johnson, a horse, and Patrick Ewing every time we play, the picture doesn't really help a lot...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:26 am 
Centenarian

UCFHCY wrote:
In looking at the leaderboard last night, looks like the usual cast of characters was back at the top (GAVV, SPOTES, BO, and everyone else I'm forgetting). Nice game! STATS and I tried meeting in the middle...so we tried the BWW in Riverview on Big Bend Road. We nailed the first round...struggled the second round...did good on the spelling round...pretty good on the year round...setting us up for an eventful last round. We nailed the first two questions...on our way to nailing the third question when I look down and realize someone that just sat down at the bar has logged me out since there are two boxes on the same frequency!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: After a few choice venting words (since he was right behind us), I take the box back to the bar and throw it on the bar at the bartender, voicing my disgust as I ask for another one. Next box the 'U' isn't working, so I can't log back in. I head back to the bar and tell the bartender the 'U' isn't working and throw it back on the bar...while I grab another one that was sitting out at the bar. Needless to say...I was a little flustered for the last two questions.

What did y'all think of the game? Misses?

Spotes nailed 60 in the final round, I fumble fingered my way to 50, didn't switch back to Becker in time, and flipflopped 2 on the hockey rookies. We nailed 30 in coin flip, had trouble in profiles. Definitely not a good time when the hockey was the only one we nailed for 10/10 :). We did well in spelling, I managed a 49.7/50 for my best in a while (still hear in my head spotes exclaiming 'where's the "j" , there's no "j"?!?!' from last week ). Year round we had a tough time, we had a collective brainfade on 1999 even though when Lawrie came up I went 'vaan de velllllde???' i still couldn't come up with the 9 until about .01 seconds before the reveal. did nail the 1938 with our collective reds-fannishness. otherwise we struggled to hang on to about 50-60% points.

gavv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

gavv wrote:
We did well in spelling, I managed a 49.7/50 for my best in a while (still hear in my head spotes exclaiming 'where's the "j" , there's no "j"?!?!' from last week ). gavv

It's not my fault the letters never stay in the same spot on the keyboard...
When I grew up, typing wasn't important unless you planned on being a secretary. And I ain't getting coffee for nobody... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:50 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

spotes wrote:
gavv wrote:
We did well in spelling, I managed a 49.7/50 for my best in a while (still hear in my head spotes exclaiming 'where's the "j" , there's no "j"?!?!' from last week ). gavv

When I grew up, typing wasn't important unless you planned on being a secretary. And I ain't getting coffee for nobody... :mrgreen:

An ironic statement, given your avatar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
spotes wrote:

NTN monkeys love to type.
Did you know that, statistically, if you had enough of them typing 24 hours a day and were given an unlimited amount of time, they would eventually crank out a Six game without a single error?
Remarkable...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

spotes wrote:
pengwn wrote:
spotes wrote:

NTN monkeys love to type.
Did you know that, statistically, if you had enough of them typing 24 hours a day and were given an unlimited amount of time, they would eventually crank out a Six game without a single error?
Remarkable...

Really?

Have much longer do you think we'll have to wait? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:00 am 
Himself Fodder

Split one Q in round 1. Split the and-1 Lindstrom Q between 5 and 7, think we had to WAG another and-1 with 2 boxes getting it. Probably only 45 in spelling on top box. 30 in years on top box with all boxes 5.0 on 1938. Mixed up Becker and Kriek, mixed up 1990 and 1995 NHL Rookies, other players had trouble entering correct answers this round due to a weak signal from the base station

Know I'm probably forgetting some other misses.

Have started to wonder if somebody other than TomD has started writing this game, it just seems different. A couple of questions each game I'd refer to as lazy which I didn't remember happening that much. Some different clues in the year round as well.

BO