New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIQ 3/12/12
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I see bar scores for East Feed went up unofficially (BT gonna weed out the guest scores first...lol).

Bar score for #20 was up by 300-400 pts. My bar score for Hooters of Fairview Hgts was #27 unofficially with 1182 (200+ higher than last week's #20 bar score).

In Box Scores, they had back to back St Louis related questions (on Gregg Williams n Missouri Valley answers) so that helped me a bit.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Last edited by MitchWolf on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: SIQ 3/12/12
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:38 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I'm embarassed to admit this in a public forum but I'll do it anyway.

The question comes up "Bo Ryan is the coach of what team?"

We're presented with:

#######_#
####_##

I proudly yell out "Wisconsin Bagders - OE"

There went five points we could have used.

In my defense not one of the eight people I was playing with caught my mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:56 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Struggled to a 17th place bar average last night. Congrats to the usual suspects near the top: STATS, BO, SPOTES, EL SID, QUAFF, RO, BUG, and anyone else I missed...and the locations: JP Shakers, BWW, 86th St, Hooters Tally, Stadium Cafe.

First round the Penholder Grip got me. Second round I switched off Berkman before switching back...then took a while to get his school. Missed Vonn's state. Year rounds I missed 1965 and 2004...not even close. I can never spell in the next round... :lol: Last round...I used Fuhr twice on the goalies....leaving Barrasso out. Career home run total I mixed up Walker, Giambi, and Murray. Last question I switched Kramer, Crabbe, and Hein. Schools with their conferences and NASCAR driver birth states were slam dunks.

Add it all up and it only comes to 148.2 :oops: On a side note, the top 10 scores still haven't been fixed at each location...only showing the scores from the last two weeks in the top 10. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

UCFHCY wrote:
Last round...I used Fuhr twice on the goalies....leaving Barrasso out. Career home run total I mixed up Walker, Giambi, and Murray. Last question I switched Kramer, Crabbe, and Hein. Schools with their conferences and NASCAR driver birth states were slam dunks.

I did the same with the Baseball n Hockey Match Points.....Other wise I had a strong round.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

As expected, with all the guest handles dropped, My home bar Hooters of Fairview Heights goes from #27 to #19 on the east feed. So that means 8 bars that was in the top 27 lost scores due to guest handles in the top 5 home scores to determine the average for them.

BWW Creve Coeur was on the bars that was in the top 20 but dropped to #44

The heartbreak will continue on as long a guest handle in the top 5 (top 6 in SD).

BTW Good job by JP Shakers on the official win.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:48 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Round 1 - 24/30. was on table tennis and at last second switched to darts. Missed one other but cant recall which one.

Round 2 - 26.9 10.0 on the Greg Jennings and Lindsay Vonn questions. Total of 6.9 on Lance Berkmann

Round 3 - 47.6

Round 4 - 33.2. 5.0's on 1981, 1986, 1994, 1976, 1991, 2004. (couple of lucky guesses there. Realistically
should have had a couple of 4.0s or 3.0s in there). 3.0 on 2002. 0.2 on 1965 ( I was
on 1964).

Round 5 - 50/60 Turned around Larry Walker and the other 300 HR guy in the baseball question for a 6.0. Was too
late on the first entry in the last matching question. Got the other ones in for an 8.0. Should
have had a 12.0, but thought about that first guys name too long. Hockey goalies, NASCAR
birth states and basketball conferences all 12.0.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

QUAFF needs to be tested for PEDs.
What a monster score. Nicely done.
Let me think...
we got 24/30 in the first round
got 7.5ish for Berkman, 10 on Jennings, 5 on Vonn
got about 42 on spelling; bled profusely on Randy Carlyle and lost a few points here and there while exploring the newfound wonders of what GAVV refers to as a "keyboard". Did you guys know that almost all of the letters of the English alphabet are on these things? This week's experiment in terror was the letter "L". I can tell you Savanarola wore a size 8 1/2 shoe, but I have absolutely no idea where the "L" is on a keyboard. Who can explain it...?
Got 33ish on years, bled points on 1976 and 2002. Missed 1965 by a year. Was thinking Koufax perfecto'ed in '66.
got 52 in last round. Juxtaposed Walker and Giambi. Also failed to get Barasso entered in time.

Pedestrian effort that deserved to get squashed. Luckily, the boys at JP's took care of that for me. Thanks, fellers. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:48 pm 
Centenarian

spotes wrote:
QUAFF needs to be tested for PEDs.
What a monster score. Nicely done.
Let me think...
we got 24/30 in the first round
got 7.5ish for Berkman, 10 on Jennings, 5 on Vonn
got about 42 on spelling; bled profusely on Randy Carlyle and lost a few points here and there while exploring the newfound wonders of what GAVV refers to as a "keyboard". Did you guys know that almost all of the letters of the English alphabet are on these things? This week's experiment in terror was the letter "L". I can tell you Savanarola wore a size 8 1/2 shoe, but I have absolutely no idea where the "L" is on a keyboard. Who can explain it...?
Got 33ish on years, bled points on 1976 and 2002. Missed 1965 by a year. Was thinking Koufax perfecto'ed in '66.
got 52 in last round. Juxtaposed Walker and Giambi. Also failed to get Barasso entered in time.

Pedestrian effort that deserved to get squashed. Luckily, the boys at JP's took care of that for me. Thanks, fellers. :mrgreen:

I choose to blame my silly 1976 fo-pah on daily savings time, my math was one off in the future.
we also got 1986 for 4/5 (won't throw a 500 q past me), and it was 50 in the final round since missing 1 gets 8/12 and 2 gets 6/12.

gavv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:33 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Greetings fellow Sports IQ enthusiasts. Today's my first day as a registered member. Been playing this game since 1996 at Baumhower's in Huntsville, AL., and don't miss if I can help it. We like making the rounds from Varsity Grill (remodeled Buffalo Wild Wings) to Hooter's and occasionally one of the Applebee's here in Tallahassee on Monday nights.

This Monday is Jorge's (L Pato) Birthday. I can't wait to see the Hooter's waitresses sing "Happy happy Birthday" and making him stand on his chair with the two paper cups in his mouth and menus flapping in each arm. On a sadder note Ken (Kendo) returns to town from the passing of his Mom in Boca Raton. All of our deepest sympathies and prayers are with him. I lost my Mom three years ago.

Looking forward to the competitions and sharing afterwards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:20 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Welcome! Should be a good site to see :lol:

My condlences to Ken. I lost my mom two years ago...so I know the feeling.

Hunk wrote:
Greetings fellow Sports IQ enthusiasts. Today's my first day as a registered member. Been playing this game since 1996 at Baumhower's in Huntsville, AL., and don't miss if I can help it. We like making the rounds from Varsity Grill (remodeled Buffalo Wild Wings) to Hooter's and occasionally one of the Applebee's here in Tallahassee on Monday nights.

This Monday is Jorge's (L Pato) Birthday. I can't wait to see the Hooter's waitresses sing "Happy happy Birthday" and making him stand on his chair with the two paper cups in his mouth and menus flapping in each arm. On a sadder note Ken (Kendo) returns to town from the passing of his Mom in Boca Raton. All of our deepest sympathies and prayers are with him. I lost my Mom three years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hunk wrote:

LP told me he was trying to get you to sign up on Scaratings.
And here you are.
Welcome to the dark side. :D
Tell Jorge happy birthday for me and be sure to let him know that my gift will be in the rankings for him Monday night after SIQ... :P