New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ East 4/30
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Congratulations to the usual suspects Bo and Ro and Stadium Cafe, Elsas Cantina, Walsh's, JP Shaker's and Heroes for pushing us last night. Okay Spotes I guess it's your turn to win next week. Jorge (L Pato) is out of town in Ft. Myers, FL for a wedding plus with Florida State graduation this weekend people are leaving town for the summer. Richard (TPG) tells me we better bring our A game and I say we have nothing to lose without Jorge there.

It's $5.99 cheeseburgers and fries night at Hooter's of Tallahassee and the girls are wearing their home white T-shirts and orange hot pants. Thursday night they were wearing black t-shirts with the orange hot pants and looked like Oklahoma State's home football uniforms. My cheeseburger comes plain and I say "where's the lettuce and tomato?" I get we don't do that any more. Would you like lettuce and tomato? I say Yes then hear we don't have fries and we're not upgrading you to onion rings. Are any other Hooter's experiencing this? Richard and I are fired up now. Ken (Kendo) is in Boca Raton, FL visiting his dad and I'm covering his box. We are joined by Eric (Slam), and Kim (Scots), settle down to Phillies baseball and Caps/Rangers hockey and Here We Go.

My board: 1) 30/30 2) 26.3/30 3) 48.7/50 4) 35/40 5) 42/60 for 182.

In round 2) On Keegan Bradley we go bowling first then say the obvious answer for Vermont is skiing. We first went Katarina Witt on four gold medals then change to Lisa Leslie.

In Round 4) Last time I'm listening to Richard on his Flyers. I thought it was 1974, let him talk me to 1975, then with the A's win three straight switch back to 1974.

In Round 5) I go 12, 8, 6, 4, 12. In matching the golf courses don't know why I'm looking for Congressional to match with Washington (It's State not D.C.!) and whiff on pressing Sahalee. After everyone being in agreement all night too many chiefs and not enough Indians for the next two. I invoke "Ghost Protocol" and shout "Everyone's on their own". Richard should have been #1 but flip-flops Norb Hecker and Jack Patera for Atlanta and Seattle's first NFL coach and I back into #1 on the last question.

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ East 4/30
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:10 am 
Centenarian

I had an extreme offnight playing solo , that's for sure :P... shoulda seen it coming when i blew the first two coin toss Qs. :).

would have been ok in profiles had i not switched off USC for some strange reason. Managed about 39 in box score . practically whiffed on the hockey before getting about .7 with U & O being my letter choice, and for the life of me i couldn't remember Humber's first name (and wouldn't you know all the last name got filled in before all the first name...who spells philip with only one L anyway :P ).

Got nailed in year rounds with three consecutive year 0 first answers, and no clear clues that they were both '1's for me, got the third for 1990. was off by 1 sneakily so many times i'm sure (74, 95, etc) if spotes'd been there he'd have been entirely too entertained by my antics, everything going against me ;). Even my beloved Indy 500 only showed up for a 2 pt clue.

managed only 34 (iirc) in final round, for my worst in quite along time, 130-131. owch.

gavv

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ East 4/30
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

My Matching ROund troubles persist for a record-breaking 4th consecutive week, once again spoiling an otherwise decent effort!!!

ROund 1 - 30/30
Round 2 - 23.8/30. For Keegan Bradley thought skiing was way too obvious a choice that it couldnt possibly be the right one, so I went with bowling instead. Also droped 1.1 points getting to Lisa Leslie.

Round 3 - 49/50. Lost one point trying to fiigure out how to spell Claude Giroux, otherwise perfect round.

Round 4 - 30.5. '01-5.0, '81-5.0, '90-3.0 (went 91 first), '65-4.0, '59-4.0, '74-5.0, '95-1.5.

Round 5 - 32/60. 12.0 on NFL head coaches. Should have 12.0 on Horse Names, but had a "no-look button pushing error", so had to settle for 8.0. Wimbledon singles title 2.0, MLB stats 4.0, Golf course states 6.0.

Next week I will be on Palm Springs, California. Planning on finding a place to play but will be on the West feed
so I wont show up post-game in the East. Otherwise, will return to East side in 2 weeks!! Enjoy the game next week everyone!!