New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ East - 5/14/12
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:56 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Congrats to 86th St. on the overall win last night and Gavv who led the charge with the bronze medal. Congrats to MAAAAA on the overall individual win...I'm assuming he/she was playing at BWW in Winches (based on the leaderboard)? A nod to Mother's Day maybe?

Round 1 was a 30/30. Round 2 has a nice start with 5/5 on Justin Morneau, but quickly goes South on the and 1 question as STATS and I went with 2006 over 2008...0/5. Grant Hill and Detroit were 5/5. A little slow on Eli Manning for a 3.9/5...with 2008 for 5/5. 23.9/30 for the round, 53.9 overall.

Round 3 starts with Jonathan Quick 5/5. Dale Sveum comes up and I precall Chicago Cubs. Looking at the letters, that's not gonna work. STATS quickly says it's Milwaukee Brewers and it should be Ron Roenicke. I can just hear Bo expressing his disgust if he saw this egregious error. Rickie Fowler was 5/5 (thanks STATS). A little slow on Dallas Mavericks 4/5 and Tyson Chandler 3.5/5. Cole Hamels and Phoenix Coyotes go smoothly 5/5. Mario Gutierrez was very slow for a 1.3/5. Baltimore Orioles and Miguel Cotto end the round on a high note 5/5. 3rd round was 43.2/50 for a 97.1.

Round 4 starts out with 5/5 on 1998, 1975, and 1991 (thanks STATS on all!). 2007 bites us in the you know what as we stay on 2008 that I said after the first clue...1.5/5. 1986 was 5/5. 1954 cost us some time as we were on 1955 til Alan Ameche came up...4/5 (thanks STATS). 2004 really hurts as we were on 2002...0.2/5. 1972 ends the round on a high note 5/5. Round total of 30.7/40 for a game of 127.8. Can we end on a high note?

Round 5 starts and ends with slam dunks in CFL teams, Franchise All Time Wins leaders (STATS), and NASCAR driver numbers are 12/12. Unfortunately, we took a big fat 0/12 on the points with team leader. Famous athlete with the sport trip us up with a 4/12...as STATS tells me one thing then says another number when what he just told me comes up (Here comes the proverbial bus again! :evil: :evil: :evil: ). Last round nets a 40/60 for a totla of 167.8 and good enough for 11th nationally.

Congrats to the usual cast of characters RO, GAVV, D MOB, FSTEVE, HUNK, MEGUMI, SKI, and TNC...along with the always strong locations 86th St., Walshs, West Park, Mezzanine, Heroes, Varsity Grill (Tally krewe), Primetime, JP Shakers, Elsas Cantina, and Slap-Shotz.

Nice game of SIX for HUNK after SIQ also!

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ East - 5/14/12
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:44 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Thank you UCFHCY and congratulations from Tallahassee, FL to MAAAAA and 86th St. PUB for their #1 individual and bar rankings last night. A somber start to the evening as Ken (Kendo), Richard (TPG), and I are sharing how difficult yesterday was, Ken and Richard's first without their Mom and my fourth, especially for Ken who'd just returned from spending a week and a half with his Dad in Boca Raton. But Sports was the perfect therapy and pick-me-up. We're playing at Varsity Grill during the month of May as a warm-up to the Smartest Bar competiton immediately following. The jukebox is silenced as the audio for the Celtics/'76er's fills the room along with the WPT Poker games crowd buzz. FSU/Clemson and NY Yankees and Baltimore are bookends to our trivia screen.

My board 1) 24/30 2) 23/30 3) 34.1/50 4) 34/40 5) 56/60 for 170.1 total

In Round 1) We miss the first and third questions.

In Round 2) Grant Hill was drafted by Pistons, not the Pacers (Ironic how when we're not sure we go with whatever's closest to Indiana lately)

In Round 3) I never notice Jonathan did not spell his name without an H, like the golfer Jhonathan who doesn't know how to spell his first name correctly. After the Dale Sveum Chicago Cubs, what? the Milwaukee Brewers? snafu we're derailed.

In Round 4) We continue our unusual pattern for the night of missing early but finishing on a roll. I pat myself on the back for 1954.

In Round 5) Matching questions I've seen in the last year or two (what a break) except I did not see Kurt Busch while looking for him to match 51. I go with Labonte until I finally spot Kurt Busch and 47 for Labonte.

A challenging game figuring one or two missteps cost top spots but it all has a way of evening out in the end.

L Pato and I share our quick post mortem before SIX by cellphone as he's still in Ft. Myers.

Thank you UCFHCY for the SIX compliment. Jim (Raoul) won two games on Jeopardy in October, 2006. These guys are good. Our teamwork and swagger returns after our Hooter's swan dive Thursday night. My big contribution is the matching round of Hockey Trophies. We move up from 10th to 3rd in the EST4 region. I'll recap further in the Six Thread.

See everyone again next week.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:07 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

My condolences to Ken, Richard, and you. This was my third Mother's Day without my mom, and that day, her birthday, and the day she went to go play trivia up in the sky are never easy. Of course, that means she gets to plan all the welcome parties when our other loved ones join her. And no...it's not a bash! :shock:

Hunk wrote:
A somber start to the evening as Ken (Kendo), Richard (TPG), and I are sharing how difficult yesterday was, Ken and Richard's first without their Mom and my fourth, especially for Ken who'd just returned from spending a week and a half with his Dad in Boca Raton.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:45 am 
Centenarian

we went 24/30, 27.7/30 (a quick switch off to 2006 from 2008 as spotes figured it was pedroia in '08 ), though i keep him from switching to orlando for Hill. Pretty much nail everything for 5 minus some bleeding in box score except for Jonathan Quick (who? :) ), and Mario Gutierrez, losing ~2.5 and ~3.8 on those (41.1 for me). Year Round was fairly brutal to us at 27/40 (1954 and 2004 cost us , believe it was 4 2s and a 4 as our slipups), with a clean sweep of matching. We thought we would have made up ground after the likes of Hooks Gnass(?) and the scoring totals Q. Historically spotes and I are awful at those career number stats Qs, luckily the ranges on this one got us to suss them out. only real difference between spotes and I were some fumble-fingers as we tried to discern the Mario Gutierrez letters (the O & T for us). Those Qs are harder when we don't know the answer ;)

gavv

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Out of more than a lil curiosity, what was the Dale Sveum question that seems to have caused more than a lil consternation? :|

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Another tough game for me.........not much in my wheelhouse lately. Stumbling rather severely ever since getting a bronze several weeks ago.

Round 1 - After going 30/30 for 4-5 weeks in a row this time missed 3 for 21/30.

Round 2 - only 21.2. 10/10 on Morneau. Late getting to Grant Hill and then totally forgot that he started out in Detroit for only 2.1 total. 9.1 on Eli.

Round 3 - 39.4. When the Dale Sveum/Milwaukee Brewer mistake appeared, got so flustered I misspelled Milwaukee Brewers for a 0 on that one.

ROund 4 - 23.5. Weak effort. Got 0.0 for 1991 and only 0.5 on 2004. Only one 5.0 in the round (1972). Got 1954 for 4.0 and 1998 for 4.0.

Round 5 - 48/60. 12/12 on CFL, Nascar #'s and matching sport to athlete. 6.0 each on baseball pitching leaders and basketball points leaders.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:02 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Out of more than a lil curiosity, what was the Dale Sveum question that seems to have caused more than a lil consternation? :|

Dale Sveum is manager of this MLB team: .........Chicago Cubs, but they had Milwaukee Brewers. He is former Brewer player and was a coach for them last season, but now manages Cubs.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:18 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

TCHCNB wrote:
liljol wrote:

Dale Sveum is manager of this MLB team: .........Chicago Cubs, but they had Milwaukee Brewers. He is former Brewer player and was a coach for them last season, but now manages Cubs.

Well, I suppose it figures that someone at NTN BT grievously bungled between the team he manages and the team with which he started his playing career. :roll: :(

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:11 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

liljol wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:
liljol wrote:

Well, I suppose it figures that someone at NTN BT grievously bungled between the team he manages and the team with which he started his playing career. :roll: :(

Their mistakes have gone from Lesser to Greater lately, it seems ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:53 pm 
Gettysburg

Hunk wrote:
In Round 3) I never notice Jonathan did not spell his name without an H, like the golfer Jhonathan who doesn't know how to spell his first name correctly.

Dont forget Detroit Tiger SS Jhonny Peralta.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

gavv wrote:
we went 24/30, 27.7/30 (a quick switch off to 2006 from 2008 as spotes figured it was pedroia in '08 ), though i keep him from switching to orlando for Hill. Pretty much nail everything for 5 minus some bleeding in box score except for Jonathan Quick (who? :) ), and Mario Gutierrez, losing ~2.5 and ~3.8 on those (41.1 for me). Year Round was fairly brutal to us at 27/40 (1954 and 2004 cost us , believe it was 4 2s and a 4 as our slipups), with a clean sweep of matching. We thought we would have made up ground after the likes of Hooks Gnass(?) and the scoring totals Q. Historically spotes and I are awful at those career number stats Qs, luckily the ranges on this one got us to suss them out. only real difference between spotes and I were some fumble-fingers as we tried to discern the Mario Gutierrez letters (the O & T for us). Those Qs are harder when we don't know the answer ;)

gavv

...sigh...
Hooks Dauss

All of the gals in the WWI era thought he was the cat's pajamas, the bee's knees.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:52 am 
King or Queen Postalot

spotes wrote:
gavv wrote:

gavv

...sigh...
Hooks Dauss

All of the gals in the WWI era thought he was the cat's pajamas, the bee's knees.

. . . but they only regarded Spotes as the monkey's balls. Pretty cold, if you ask me ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:54 pm 
Centenarian

UCFHCY wrote:
and Slap-Shotz.

color]

Thanks for the recognition. We're gonna start doing better when I can stop consistently being off by one in the year round.. :evil: Perhaps that'll eventually happen... :roll:

Of course, letting my beer convince me things like that Bird had more career points than Hayes probably needs to cease as well.. :oops: