New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ East - 5/21/12
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Congrats to BLJAYS on the overall win last night! Round 1 starts with Tony Gibson and STATS looks at me for the answer and I completely draw a blank. At the last second I say Edwards, and just like the commercial, I yell NEWMANNNNNNNNNN! Not a good way to start the game. Of course...knowing his dust up with Kurt Busch, I should have known. Of course...I should know my crew chiefs anyways. :oops: :oops: :oops: We nail the rest of the round for a 27/30. Second round and STATS says Lexi Thompson....5/5. As we are discussing her age, I'm saying it's either 14 or 15, as I didn't remember anyone playing younger. STATS says 14...though it could be 12. We go 14...and get 0/5. A little slow identifying Livan Hernandez as I started on Conine, but remembered he started in KC. STATS said maybe Moyer...I said nope, he was with the Cubs...for a 4.7/5. And 1...I look at the teams and go Cubs. 5/5. As question 3 comes up, STATS says Wayne Gretzky....5/5. And 1, we go with 10 as STATS didn't think it was more than that. 16 is the answer with a 0/5. Round 2 for a 19.7...total of 46.7.

Round 3 starts off good with 5/5 on Josh Hamilton, Manchester City, Matt Kuchar, and Memphis Grizzlies (thanks STATS!). Then comes the *%@& moment of the night on Evgeni Malkin. I hit N and A...look down it shows just N. I hit A again...nothing. I hit A again...nothing...one more time hitting A and I'm now on AA :evil: :evil: :evil: Salvage a 1.4/5 and drop from 1st to 6th. With my mind still on Malkin, I draw a blank on Rick Hendrick as the only thing I could think of was Jimmie Johnson. STATS saves the question for 4.7/5. A little slow on Colorado Rockies 4.1/5. Lebron James was a gimmie 5/5. Placido Polanco...just didn't have a clue...1.6/5. Salvage the round with a 5/5 on College Football. 41.8 for the round...88.5 overall.

Fourth round...2000 5/5, 1993 5/5 (NASCAR redemption for me). Only 2/5 on 1987 as I started on 1981...to 1985, before winding up on 1987. 1971 is 5/5 thanks to STATS as I was thinking baseball teams...not basketball. 2006 was 4/5...I said 2008, but STATS corrected me once Detroit in ALCS came up. 1984 was 5/5...gotta love being an old time Rowdies fan...still sad to see NASL shut down...but hey, the Rowdies are back and are still a kick in the grass!! 2003 was 5/5 thanks to STATS. 1992 was 3/5 as I started out on 1991 with the Penguins winning the Stanley Cup. 34/40 for the round...122.5 overall. Talking about it...got a decent score going...surely there will be one matching question that we won't have a clue on.

Round 5 starts...NFL position players is a gimme...12/12. Hockey Team and Arena is another gimmie....12/12. NBA coaches at the end of 2012? Another gimmie...12/12. So I start thinking great...we're screwed on the last two questions. Olympic year with the country...12/12 (thanks STATS!)...though I think I could have muddled my way through it. STATS says you know...it's been a long time since we were perfect this round. I said Dude...the first rule about fight club...and question 5 comes up. MLB team with it's first overall pick? Seriously? Another gimmie...12/12 for a final round of 60/60. As we are doing our table social (raise your glasses on a question for full value), STATS says I think we're top 3 for a bar. I said with that easy of a closing round? No way...top 5...but not top 3. Rankings come up and lo and behold, we're # 1. To borrow a phrase...EGADS! :shock: Another table social and later in the night...a free round from the manager...I could used to this! :D Of course...my girlfriend had the winning box and silver medal...not bad considering she was working at another bar!

Congrats to the usual cast of characters: BLJAYS, DUKE, MAXWKR, BUG, ZIPPY (and HUNK), SPOTES, QUAFF, SLOTEK, EL SID, L PATO, MAAAAA (I guess it wasn't a nod to Mother's Day), DUKTPE, RO, and anyone else I missed...along with the usual establishments: Primetime, 86th St, Varsity Grill, JP Shakers, Anthony's on the Blvd, Elsas Cantina, Walshs Bar, Slap-Shotz, Hooters/Springfield, Blue Goose, the myriad of BWW's, and anyone else I might have overlooked.

Last edited by UCFHCY on Tue May 22, 2012 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ East - 5/21/12
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

At least the premium game actually ran last night :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:53 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

True that...still can't believe Playback didn't air...and Tuned In...though I didn't miss Speed Freaks...lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:20 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

As I pull in to Varsity Grill in Tallahassee, FL., last night Kendo's gold Hyundai Azera is not in it's usual place but he's at his usual bar stool, a la Norm, when I walk in. He bought a dark blue one yesterday as his early Birthday present. Arthur is out celebrating Victoria Day making a rare Monday appearance. Even Matt (Zippy) joins the festivities. Slam and Scots round out the team.

Ken (Kendo) has the line of the night during round 1 when we must choose between 16 and 61 for Rick Nash's uniform number. He hopes the dyslexic players didn't have trouble with that one. So my board wasn't the only one acting wierd last night? After a 30/30 Round 1 I precall Lexi Thompson as the first answer for Round 2 and press 1 and see in my window I've pressed 1. But I get no points! Wayne Gretzsky is my only correct answer the rest of the round and BAM, I only get 5.8/30. We're breezing through round 3 and my window registers my CF for college football but when I look back down only the C is showing and once again zero points. Only 41/50 for that round. I recover with 32/40 in Round 4 and we're breezing through Round 5 when I have to overrule Matt's (Zippy) match of the Kings coach with Mark Jackson. It's Keith Smart and Mark Jackson coaches the Warriors. We're 48/48 going into the last question and we know Gerrit Cole and Bryce Harper but triangle choke the others for 52/60 and a 160 for my board.

It doesn't matter who wins (Zippy did) and a total team effort ranks us #4.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:52 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Happy early Birthday to Ken! Nice present :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:22 pm 
Favorite Ounce

UCFHCY wrote:
Happy early Birthday to Ken! Nice present :ugeek:

Thank you very much. I have only 11 more days until I turn 56. I thought I would need a new car to keep from going into a total depression. When the first car payment comes due, then I can go into a total depression.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

UCFHCY wrote:
Congrats to the usual cast of characters: BLJAYS, DUKE, MAXWKR, BUG, ZIPPY (and HUNK), SPOTES, QUAFF, SLOTEK, EL SID, L PATO, MAAAAA (I guess it wasn't a nod to Mother's Day), DUKTPE, RO, and anyone else I missed...along with the usual establishments: Primetime, 86th St, Varsity Grill, JP Shakers, Anthony's on the Blvd, Elsas Cantina, Walshs Bar, Slap-Shotz, Hooters/Springfield, Blue Goose, the myriad of BWW's, and anyone else I might have overlooked.[/color]

This is why the ENCORE Feed is still pissed. This side doesn't even matter to trivia players anymore, if yall don't acknowledge this side you think the dumbasses at Buzztime ever will?

First, we have to play repeats and could be accused of cheating. Second, if we score well we are ignored by the long time players. Finally, what reason do we have to play if we aren't seen, thought to be cheaters, and are ignored by long time die hard players?

Just as predicted..

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:40 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Will work on congratulating the winners of the West feed going forward :mrgreen:

lewser wrote:

This is why the ENCORE Feed is still pissed. This side doesn't even matter to trivia players anymore, if yall don't acknowledge this side you think the dumbasses at Buzztime ever will?

First, we have to play repeats and could be accused of cheating. Second, if we score well we are ignored by the long time players. Finally, what reason do we have to play if we aren't seen, thought to be cheaters, and are ignored by long time die hard players?

Just as predicted..