New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ East - 7/2/12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:33 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

So much for a nice easy relaxing day of SIQ. STATS (DJ) calls me about 5:30 and says he hasn't heard from HUTCH (David)...so let's plan on playing at the Riverview BWW. Cool...nice easy ride...good service...gonna be a good night! About 6:45, my phone lights up (it was on the charger) and I have a voicemail from STATS. That's weird...the phone didn't even ring. He says call me...STAT! I call him back and HUTCH has now called and wants to play at University BWW. Can I make it down there? Yeah...but I'll be pushing it. STATS says don't worry...we'll have the boxes ready and waiting. The whole trip down 75 I get to think about my flat tire from the prior week. About 5 miles before the exit, there is a truck overturned in the median. Great...this is not going to be a good night! I end up getting there in plenty of time (a few extra miles on the Cruise Control? Who me?? 8-) ). I sit down...and wait...and wait...and wait...and wait some more...and wait...and wait...and wait some more. Finally the one server that has taken care of us the last two weeks comes over and I ask for my usual beverage of choice and 4 game boxes. "Do you have ID?" Excuse me? This is REALLY not going to be a good night. Of course STATS and HUTCH are about falling off their bar stools laughing...STATS even wishes he'd get carded. So much for paying attention to your regular customers! Anyways...HUTCH's son SHUA (Joshua) has joined us again for SIQ as his training continues.

Round 1...going smoothly til Brittney Reese (sp) comes up. STATS and I were leaning towards Long Jump...HUTCH sternly says 200m. I change to it...STATS stays as is. Rest of round is smooth. 30/30.

Round 2 starts with Al Kaline. As the pic is revealed...I go Kaline...3.4/5. ML seasons...STATS and I go 18...HUTCH and SHUA are on 16. 0/5. Carl Lewis comes up...and STATS precalls it based on the 9 gold medals. 5/5. Where did he go to school? I'm thinking somewhere in Texas (A&M maybe)...luckily Houston is the only school in Texas. 5/5. Who's an offensive guard? Of the choices...it's gotta be Logan Mankins...even though I thought he came in as a center. 5/5. Now where did he go to school? USC...Notre Dame...I think BC. Year in the NFL? Hmmm...STATS and I go 2005...HUTCH and SHUA were on 2001...but quickly changed to 2005. 5/5. 23.4/30 for the round...53.4/60 for the game.

Round 3 starts and I lose .3 on Nail Yakupov as STATS says NB...or so it sounded to me and HUTCH :o A little slow on Baltimore Orioles...4.3/5...though the i did not take on 3 of my boxes. Marc Leishman...5/5 as STATS and HUTCH said it at the same time. I get European Grand Prix...5/5. A little slow on Justin Gatlin...4.4/5...slow again on 3 of my boxes (dang BWW lag! :evil: ). Really slow on Charlotte Bobcats...3.6/5...as HUTCH says he knew Maggette went the other way in the trade. Slow on Melky Cabrera...4/5. Ottawa Senators (thanks to BT question a few weeks earlier that I screwed up on...got you this time BT!), Clint Bowyer, and Lebron James all 5/5. 46/50 for the round...99.4/110 for the game. I say there goes our 200 game by .6. HUTCH says "so there's 100 points left"? Yeah...40 on the year round...60 on matching. HUTCH says 40 points on the year round is a tough one to get as you have to get it all on the first clue. Ya think Einstein? :lol:

Round 4 starts...1997...STATS and HUTCH both say it right away. 5/5. 1984 was 2/5 as we were on 1985 until the Redskins/Raiders clue. 2003 is HUTCH...5/5. 1955 was 4/5 as I went to 1956...HUTCH and STATS said 1955 on the golf clue. 1998 and 2004 were STATS's call...5/5. 1979 was 5/5. 1963 was 3/5 as I was on 1964until the Staubach clue. 34/40 for thed round...133.4 for the game. HUTCH gets a 36/40 for this round and takes the lead. I say see...it's not that hard :lol: :lol: :lol: . Nice round sir!

Round 5 starts with college football bowl game with the city. We back into the first answer...12/12. Sport with athlete to gold medal won? 12/12...except STATS's bus makes an appearance and it's only passenger is HUTCH...who is busy talking and fat fingers one of the answers...and ends up duplicating a choice. Saves leader with team in 2004? I say I got this one...12/12. Player with # scoring titles? Well $h!t....there's the tough matching one of the round. A big fat 0/12. :oops: Tennis first and last names? 12/12 to end on a good note. 48/60 for the round...181.4 for the game. HUTCH should have been the winner.

As we're waiting for the rankings to come up, HUTCH says we're # 2...maybe # 3. STATS says he's not saying anything based on his guesses tonight. I say #4 as I think the scoring titles got us. Drum roll....we're # 3 as a bar and I'm # 3 individually. Not bad for what I thought was going to be a bad night. Congrats to SHMEKL and the krewe at 86th St on the overall and individuals wins last night...nicely done! Just behind is SLOTEK and the Mezzanine krewe for second individual and overall.

Congrats to the usual suspects SHMEKL, SLOTEK, MEGUMI, NASCAR, L PATO (Jorge), MAAAAA, BLJAYS, UOWEME, STUTZ, BO, TNC, JIMBOB, BEERMN, HUNK (who was at O Shucks)....and anyone else I missed. Usual locations as well...86 St, Mezzanine, Runyon's, Hooters of Tallahassee, Walshs Bar, JP Shakers, Stadium Cafe, Primetime, Hooters of Springfield, BWW Cincinnati, Blue Goose, Slapshotz, Broken Barrel, BWW Kent, BWW Ironton, BWW West Mifflin, the myriad of other BWWs, and any other locations I missed. I'll look at the West feed once it's up. Great game all!

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ East - 7/2/12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:31 am 
Centenarian

Spotes is still peeved from the Spotes board not taking the Bob Mcadoo punch in the last round which would have given him the 191.3 gold. And it ruined our nice symmetrical Spotes/Gavv local SIQ leaderboard. That sneaky SHMEKL, you can't stop him! We had myself, SPOTES, MKRCHD, & STEVE in attendace.

27/30, 30/30 (can't sneak that Al Kaline heater past spotes!) first two rounds.

completely whiffed naIl yaKupov. slight bleed on Justin Gatlin. IIRC spotes/shmekl had just over 28 in the Year round and just under 45 in the box score. Knowing marC leishmAn certainly helped we think, at least if others had to get the C. dunno.

pulled perfect on the Matching, though some didn't quite get in the Bob Mcadoo value in fast enough (or in spotes case, just didn't take it at all). Those # of X Titles matching Qs are historically what we are very poor on, but got through this time. I made some gaffes in the year round, but at least I entertained my teammates with my takes-it-all-too-seriously histrionics and arm gestures.

gavv

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:47 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I felt this was a fairly difficult game last night. That combined with the fact that I wasnt concentrating very well and had a couple of mental errors (one of those days I guess) as will be described below made for a low score again.

Round 1 - 27/30. Missed the owner of St. Louis Blues

Round 2 - 20/30. Got 10/10 on Al Kaline. Knew he played more than 20 years so went to 22 right away. Got Carl Lewis right away but had no clue where he went to school. Got Logan Mankins right away but was on '01 for when he came into league

Round 3 - 42.3. Heres where the concentration part comes in. Had 2 bad spelling mistakes. Couldnt spell Melky Cabrera for cryin out loud. Cant remember right off hand what the other one was. Knew all the answers on this round but screwed up the spelling factor

Round 4 - 24.2. 5.0's on '03,'04, '79, and '55. 2.0 on 63 (was thinking liston/ali instead of patterson.............duh). 0.2 on 97 (was sitting on 96, then changed to 98). 0 on 98 (was sitting on 94).

Round 5 - 44/60. 12.0's on olympic athletes, pitchers, and tennis players. 6.0 on college bowls, and 2.0 on NBA players (again misread........was thinking NBA titles, not scoring titles, which didnt make any sense at all.)

Again, felt like a pretty difficult (but good) game. However I easily left 10-12 points on the table.

Last edited by TCHCNB on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Vacationing with my lovely wife LaNora in Orlando I did not expect to play tonight but after a day of shopping at Orlando Premium Outlets she tells me she wants to browse the gift shop and soak her aching body in the hot tub and I'm free if I want. At 7:30 I head to O Shucks and get there about five minutes before Sports IQ begins. With little or no preparation I meet TECMAN and BIRD who hate this f*****g game and immediately bristle them by signing on more than one box. Plus the Karaoke DJ is setting up and mike checking but I didn't want to play just up the street at Buffalo Wild Wings where I would be alone with faulty equipment. "The boxes are brand new" BIRD says and "I don't share answers". After exchanging Good Luck texts with L Pato, TPG, and Kendo the game starts.

My box:

Round 1) 21/30. I'm a little rattled and miss Prince Fielder, Long Beach State, and another one I don't remember.

Round 2) 25.5/30. Surprisingly my best round of the night usually depending on L Pato to bail me out at Hooter's in Tallahassee.

Round 3) 33.8/50. Just mentally slow from a lot of walking, vacation lag, and not reading last weeks Monday USA Today. I'm totally clueless on the #1 NHL
draft pick and the European Grand Prix.

Round 4) 29/40. Halfway during the round TECMAN and BIRD finally relent and say if you want to throw a few years our way we'll listen as I'm leaving them in my dust. Mostly 3's and 4's as the first clue just doesn't sink in right away except for maybe one or two 5's.

Round 5) 42/60. I go 8, 6, 4, 12, 12 for a 151.3 total and just make the top 20 rankings at number 20.

The rest of the gang is finally starting to warm up to me a little bit and I to them. BIRD says your 151.3 will be the top score all year as TECMAN's 97.0 falls to #2.

I congratulate my cronies, Kendo, and the gang at Hooter's in Tallahassee, FL for their #1's in Smartest Bar and tell them I'll be there next week.
After a couple of Late Shifts, listening to an Irish tourist sing "Black Magic Woman" by Santana and another really spot on singer do Ozzy Osbourne in an early Black Sabbath album track and "Why I'm Here" by Oleander, I shake BIRD's hand who wishes me a good rest of my vacation. They've never ranked as high as #16 in Sports IQ and it turned out to be a very enjoyable visit. Thanks to SOB at Dagwood's for the recommendation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I did sh!t, I am rusty.