New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ East - 7/9/12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:19 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Congrats to ARTHUR and Hooters of Tallahasssee on the individual and overall wins last night...nicely done! STATS (DJ) and I return to BWW Riverview where Kevin is glad to have us back...and we're glad to be back to a good bartender.

First round is going smoothly until Stem Christie...we go skating over skiing...and higher career average we went with David Wright over Ryan Braun. 24/30 for the round...not a good start.

Second round...most career wins? I say Tim Thomas...but was thinking Lundqvist as my second choice. Red/White/Blue on the jersey...go Lundqvist! 3/5 by the time we change. And 1...let's see...he's from Sweden...not sure what else there could be? Sweden it is...5/5. Who's played with one team their career? I go Molina. What else do we know? I say he's got two brothers...STATS says Bengie....and I say Jose. And 1? Jose it is...5/5. Basketball player? We start on Adrian Dantley...and switch to Moses Malone after seeing the jersey color...3.6/5. Who did he start with? STAT's is back behind the wheel of his bus as I say I think it's Utah Stars...STATS says Houston...then changes to Atlanta. I stay on Atlanta. 0/5. 21.6/30 for the round...and there goes our 200 game goal...til next week anyways. 45.6/60 for the game.

Third round starts...Anthony Davis (STATS as I'm starting to focus on my frosty adult beverages) 5/5. Baltimore Orioles (maybe I'm not too focused on my frosty adult beverages after all) 5/5. Slow on Fernando Torres as STATS finally gets it...2.1/5. Dallas Stars 4.5/5 (STATS). Lukas Rosol 0.7/5 (STATS). Texas Rangers 5/5 (STATS). Kentucky Speedway 5/5. Tiger Woods 5/5 (STATS). Brooklyn Nets and Joey Votto 5/5 (hey Kevin...I need another adult beverage). 42.3/50 for the round...87.9/110 for the game.

Fourth round...1960 3/5 as STATS gets it on the Pirates over Yankees clue..was on 1964. 2007 3/5 as we were on 2008 until Cabrera clue. 1981 was all STATS...5/5. 1990...4/5 as we were on 1995 until Ty Detmer clue. 1985 4/5 as we were on 1987 until Sandy Lyle. 1996 4/5 as we were on 1994 until Dallas/Pitt Super Bowl. 2001...took a 0/5 as I stayed on 2005...and STATS changed it to 2001 on the Mariners winning 116 games. 1972 5/5 was all STATS...Winter Olympics in Sappono gave it away. 28/40 for the round...115.9 overall. At this point, I am holding a commanding lead over STATS of 0.1 point. :lol:

Fifth round: Baseball team with leaguve MVP...we switch the Pirates and Cardinals...6/12. College basketball team with home arena...12/12. NHL team with defenseman? Got it...12/12. Sport with all time great? STATS for 12/12. Franchise with original city? Another easy one...12/12. 54/60 for the round...overall game of 169.9...and my decisive win over STATS by 0.1 point! :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey Kevin...another round please sir!

Looking at our scores...we don't even bother guessing where we'll be. Rankings come up...Tallahasse krewe leads the way. We are 8th...I figured we'd be around 10 as I thought we blew some questions. At least the usual suspects are up there...ARTHUR, D MOB, RO, ROB B, MAXWKR, MEGUMI, BUG, BO, MONARC, GAVV, QUAFF, TNC, MAAAAA, SAKIC, and anyone else I missed.

Usual locations on the leaderboard too: Hooters of Tallahassee, Emerson Biggins (Heroes Krewe?), Runyons, Walshs Bar, Mezzanine, JP Shakers, 86th St, Stadium Cafe, Slapshotz, Blue Goose, Hooters of Springfield, the myraid of BWWs, and anyone else I missed. I'll check the west feed once it's up.

Good news is I finally got STATS to sign up for scaratings.com and stop lurking...though had to use my iPhone to finally convince him. Now if only he gets approved :o though with his shady past...not sure he'll pass that background check. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ East - 7/9/12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:06 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Thank you UCFHCY. I'm back from Orlando and the crew that doesn't share answers and the karaoke and with the cream of the Smartest Bar Six team, Ken (Kendo), Jim (Raoul2), Craig (Our Merkin), Matt (Zippy), Eric (SLAM) and his wife KIM (SCOTS), Ronda (RMAC), and Arthur as Himself. Interesting to see the SIX stalwarts sprinkled in the Sports IQ leaders in the network rankings. L Pato and I lead with answers and as so often happens the ones we're not sure about another team member selects the correct answer and takes the lead. It's all about bar ranking and Arthur pulls another surprise win as L Pato remembers to check his tires before he leaves the parking lot.

My box:

Round 1) 27/30. Have no idea why I went Big East on VCU but I did.

Round 2) 23.9/30. Delays in answering Yadier Molina and Utah Stars for Moses Malone's first team.

Round 3) 42.9/50. Equipment malfunction (or operator error?) in answering the Euro 2012 Golden Boot (Ball?) winner, only
0.5 points after noticing the R is missing after the A. Slow on figuring out Lukas Rosol.

Round 4) 36/40. A stellar team effort blemished only by 3.0 on Gilbert Arenas (2002) and changing to 2001 when the Seattle Mariners win 116 games clue appears. 4.0 on Mario Lemieux and Go and Go winning the Preakness.

Round 5) 50/60. I picked Mort Cooper twice and flip-flopped the Canucks and Capitals defensemen.

I go 8, 12, 6, 12, 12 for a 179.8 total and rank only #5 at my bar.

See you next week as we will preface every answer with "Arthur says".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:13 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Felt like I came through with a fairly competitive performance last night (169.4). Not a badly written game at all, but for me it ws pretty hockey heavy which can always lead to my downfall.

Round 1 - 30/30

Round 2 - 27.3. 8.5 on Lundqvist. Lost 1.5 debating whether he was Sweden or Denmark. 8.8 total on Molina.
Initially went with Konerko until deciphering the uni. 10.0 on Malone.

Round 3 - 44.1/50. Another dumb spelling mistake on Anthony Davis of all things, an answer that everyone in the
country knew!! Just a couple of other small bleeders.

Round 4 - 28/40. 5.0s on '07, '81, '01, and '72. 3.0's on '90 and '96. 2.0 on '60, and 0.0 on '85.

Round 5 - 40/60. 12.0 on baseball MVPS, NFL original cities, and matching sport to athlete. 4.0 on basketball
arenas, and ZERO on the hockey defensemen!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:39 am 
Centenarian

felt a bit like Lewis Hamilton at the british grand prix this week. Nothing seemed overly wrong and handling was decent, just didn't seem to have the pace.

27/30, missing the final match, can't remember offhand. Butler and VCU both going A10 helped us remember that Q.

less than a point bleed on Sweden, and a brainfart whiff on Jose Molina.
~24/30

Complete whiffola on Rosol. our in-house tennis nut actually off *working* last night coffcoff. was able to puzzle out Torres for ~1.7, and bled a bit on davis with some fumbly fingers. lost some other pts elsewhere but it's fuzzy now, decided not to chart it much this week. GAVV box ended up at 89.1 after 3.

lost some on 1985, was thrilled with a 60s 500 clue 'in the 5 hole'. we clawed back with about a 32-33/40 in the round.

final round everything was good, cept 4/12 in hockey, spotes and his vast hockey knowledge of course helping mightily but we fall nonetheless.

We knew we would be lower this week and thought at the time it was a fairly tough game, so the talahassee score was very stout, well done indeed.

gavv

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 pm 
Centenarian

UCFHCY wrote:

Looking at our scores...we don't even bother guessing where we'll be. Rankings come up...Tallahasse krewe leads the way. We are 8th...I figured we'd be around 10 as I thought we blew some questions. At least the usual suspects are up there...ARTHUR, D MOB, RO, ROB B, MAXWKR, MEGUMI, BUG, BO, MONARC, GAVV, QUAFF, TNC, MAAAAA, SAKIC, and anyone else I missed.

Sakic made the cut MAAAAAA!!!!! :lol: :shock: Must have been the hockey questions.... :mrgreen: