New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ East - 8/20/12
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Good Job 86th St on the win.

did anyone reconized the gaffe on DW's Daytona Win?....I should seen that it was 80-something was the year they asking for. We all know it's his brother Mikey won in 1989 (same race we lost the Intiminator Dale Earnhardt Sr.)

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ East - 8/20/12
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:31 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Congrats to MKRCHD and the rest of the krewe at 86th St on the individual and overall wins last night! I get out of work and text STATS (DJ) to make sure we're on for University BWW so I can see if L PATO (Jorge) is still in town or not. Waiting for DJ to call me back, I get a text from L PATO wondering where we are playing tonight. BWW University it is...should be a fun night. RUEZIM (Gary) is still MIA...I guess he doesn't like us anymore. HUTCH (David), STATS, L PATO, and I enjoy some frosty adult beverages waiting for SIQ to start.

Round 1 is going smoothly until Alexander Radulov comes up. Waiting...waiting...I go I think hockey. L PATO goes with me...STATS and HUTCH go basketball. Rest of the round is smooth until Victoria Azarenka...we go French over Australia...27/30 for the round.

Round 2 starts...it was either L PATO or STATS that says Artis Gilmore. And 1? Where'd he go to school? L PATO says a small school in Florida...FAMU?? I say Jacksonville. L PATO says yeah...that's it. School comes up and Jacksonville is the only Florida school listed. 5/5. Slow on Dusty Baker 3.8/5 and we split on his name...unfortunately, no one took Johnnie...0/5. Slow on Andrew Luck as we went RGIII...3.7/5. Who's his father? L PATO, HUTCH, and STATS go Oliver. 5/5. 22.5/30 for the round...49.5 for the game.

Round 3 starts...Louisiana State comes up...and the BWW lag gets everyone but my two boxes (guess it was good being the last person there and taking the open seat). Kevin Durant and Northern Ireland (thanks golf guys...L PATO, HUTCH, and STATS) are 5/5. Watkins Glen comes up and yes...HUTCH precalled it being the track name before the round started...and reminded us of this after it came up :lol: Looking at the scores...L PATO didn't get full credit as he did his Ed Hoculi impersonation (which turned out to be an ode to the last round) and hit his box so hard it didn't register in time. :o Miami Dolphins, United States, Adam Dunn (L PATO), Baltimore Orioles are all 5's. At this point HUTCH goes I just saw a feature on the rookie and thought they'd ask a question on him. Gee...thanks for sharing buddy! Cedric Benson signs with the Packers...5. At this point STATS says I did not know the answer. That's why you keep me and HUTCH around (and L PATO for the last two weeks) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mexico finishes with another 5 for what I believe is my first perfect round 3 in SIQ. 8-) 50/50 for the round...99.5 for the game.

Round 4...1982 was 5/5 (STATS). 1994 was another STATS 5 pointer. 2008 was 2/5 as we were on 2005. 1989 was 3/5 as I went from 1981 (I thought DW's win was early in the decade) to 1988 to 1989. 2001 was another STATS 5 pointer. 1951 was 2/5 as we were on 1952. 1998 was 4/5 as L PATO got us off 1996. 1977 was 5/5 to end the round with 31/40...130.5 for the game.

Round 5 starts...retired number with famous player? 12/12. Baseball team with closer on last World Series winning team? Another gimmie...12/12. Sprint Cup track with it's state? Another gimmie...12/12. League with their official? L PATO gets us to Wes McCauley for hockey and the rest are gimmies...including Ed Hoculi (no STATS...he's not a hockey ref)....12/12. Decade with Kentucky Derby winner? STATS tells us the year the horse won...thanks buddy...but we just needed the decade. :D Another 12/12...60/60 for the round...190.5 for the game.

Waiting for the rankings to come up...we figure we're at about a 189 average. We all agree that we're number 1. Right before the rankings appear...L PATO goes if we get beat, we get beat. Scores come up and Lee Corso busts out "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!" 2nd place behind the krewe at 86th St...not bad company to be with. :P

Usual suspects on the leaderboard: MKRCHD, IMBIBE, BADGER, ROB B, BO, TNC, RO, BLJAYS, HEELS, HUNK, JIMBOB, BUG, and anyone else I missed. Usual locations as always...86th St, Heroes, JP Shakers, Stadium Cafe, Mulligans, Walshs Bar, Hooters of Springfield, Hooters of Tallahassee, BWW Bloomington, Slapshotz, Runyon's, Broken Barrel, End Zone, Friendly Confines Lake Mary, BWW-SA, BWW Cincinnati, Teasers, BWW New Berlin, and anyone else I missed.

HUTCH finally registered for the site...just waiting for approval...so I'm sure he'll chime in on the subject. STATS is on vacation...so no computer for him this week. I'll check the west feed when it's up. See y'all next week!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Much better game for me last night after getting thoroughly trounced last week. I will be changing my play site on Monday nights for the entire football season it looks like. Typically I play at Paper Valley hotel (the same hotel visiting teams stay at when playing Packers). The bar area is hosting a live Packer radio show every Monday night starting at 630pm. Last year they did it on Tuesday nights so not an issue for sports trivia but this year they have switched it to Monday night. Place is packed and loud for this show, and not very conducive to trying to concentrate on trivia game so will be changing site for a few months.

Round 1 - 30/30

Round 2 - 29.8/30. 10/10 on Artis Gilmore. 9.8/10 on Dusty Baker. 10/10 on Andrew Luck

Round 3 - 46.6/50. Lost 1.7 on Adam Dunn and 1.7 on Mexico, otherwise the rest were 5.0s on a pretty easy round.

Round 4 - 32/40. 5.0 on 1994, 2008, 2001, 1977. 4.0 on 1982 and 1998. 3.0 on 1951. Only 1.0 on 1989. Was sitting on 1988 and then at last minute realized Sanders won Heisman in 88 so it had to be a year later. Dumb mistake there that cost me a 190 game.

Round 5 - 50/60. Admittedly I know very little about horse racing and only got 2/12 on this one. Had 12/12 on NFL numbers, World Series closers, NASCAR tracks, and sports officials

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:23 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I decide before pulling in to Hooter's of Tallahassee if Arthur's not there I'm going to Applebee's on Apalachee Parkway to avoid the loud audio during NFL preseason football. But Arthur's there sitting at our "lucky table" and the gorgeous Alena is our waitress. What was I thinking? Arthur covers himself and Ken (Kendo) who returns from Boca Raton, FL, this Wednesday and I cover for Richard (TPG) who has a dental appointment and Eric (SLAM) and his wife Kim (SCOTS).

My board:

Round 1) 24/30. I could have sworn I read Chris Mullin's #25 jersey was retired by Golden State recently but Jorge (L Pato) was on vacation for his second Monday. Azarenka won recently and doubted French Open as soon as I pressed it. (That was Sharapova).

Round 2) 23.5/30. I guessed a center had to have a high field goal percentage and immediately went with Artis Gilmore. I knew he played at Jacksonville around 1970 or so. Jorge would have been proud of me getting a basketball question right finally with him not there. I'd never heard Dusty called anything but Dusty.

Round 3) 46.1/50. LeBron James doesn't fit into all those spaces. Oh crap it was Kevin Durant. I was looking for Mark Reynolds when Adam Dunn was the answer. I kid Arthur about Canada winning one gold medal.

Round 4) 31/40. Dick Kazmaier was 1951 (the year I was born) not 1952, when am I going to remember correctly?

Round 5) 56/60. Not even thinking about last week's 26/60 travesty I hit one of the League officials/referees twice and I still don't know which one for a 181.6 total.

I'm not surprised at all the high scores, it was there for the taking and everyone took it. L Pato certainly stimulated UCFHCY's bunch (your drug test packet is waiting for you when you return). Spotes and his group cleaned our clocks and I salute you.

September 10 is my wife and I's 18th wedding anniversary and I'm wondering if they'll be no Sports IQ that night since usually two QB1's run during two MNF season kickoff games (I'd hate to miss). But then Smartest Bar is supposed to resume in September. See everyone next Monday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Apparently that game was pretty popular with the kids... :D
It looks like our intrepid young sports writer/blogger MKRCHD might be able to join us regularly for Monday nights. Man, that kid sure knows his current events. Did anyone besides me just feel the balance of power in the sports trivia world shift under their feet? :mrgreen: Now I have TWO golf guys! Wheeee!

round 1 - 30
round 2 - 25; missed Dusty Baker's first name. MKRCHD WAGged it for full pull. Normally in a spot like this I'll think back to a player's rookie baseball card. Unfortunately, his 1971 Topps card for the Braves said "Dusty", so no help there. (It also featured Don Baylor for the Orioles and Tom Paciorek for the Dodgers. If they ever have a Topix game on baseball cards, here's a tip: stay home that night :mrgreen: )
round 3 - echoing UCF's sentiments, nailed a 50. Group averaged about 49 and change.
round 4 - 32ish average for the group; bled 2-3 points each on 1951 (like UCF we also started on 1952), 1998 and 2008.
round 5 - 54. With the exception of a couple of finger gaffes by me, the group got through clean until the horsies where we mixed up Sunny's Halo and Sea Hero.
Scores were a little close for comfort. How soon does L PATO leave? :mrgreen:

Last edited by spotes on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:48 pm 
Himself Fodder

Round 1: 2 30's, 3 27's

Round 2: 1 30, 4 25's, no clue on Dusty

Round 3: 3 49+'s, 2 42's because my back two boxes refused to accept answers for some strange reason. Pissed.

Round 4: 5's on 1982, 1994, 2001, 1977. 4's on 1989, 1998. 3 on 2008. Whiffed 1951.

Round 5: 5 54's, made the same mistake as SPOTES.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:52 pm 
Centenarian

MitchWolf wrote:
Good Job 86th St on the win.

did anyone reconized the gaffe on DW's Daytona Win?....I should seen that it was 80-something was the year they asking for. We all know it's his brother Mikey won in 1989 (same race we lost the Intiminator Dale Earnhardt Sr.)

Um, that was 2001.

gavv

Besides if you need any other historical reference to figure out when DW won it, remember that he did the Ickey Shuffle in victory lane.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 pm 
Himself Fodder

spotes wrote:
Now I have TWO golf guys! Wheeee!

Sweet, $100 a hole then? 8-)

(although they probably know Phil Mickelson has 5 U.S. Open runner-ups)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
spotes wrote:
Now I have TWO golf guys! Wheeee!

Sweet, $100 a hole then? 8-)

Mike would take you up on it on Golden Tee, I'm sure.

-BO- wrote:
(although they probably know Phil Mickelson has 5 U.S. Open runner-ups)

Now, now, BO...don't beat yourself up.
That's my job. :mrgreen: