New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ ending 9/3?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:50 pm 
Nonagenarian

Location: Tavern on Main, El Segundo, CA; also play at Mr.B's, East Side Mario's
Hey guys,

I posted over here about some new games on the schedule (http://www.scaratings.com/newScaratings/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1950) but the new schedule seems to be indicating that the last game of Sports IQ is 9/3!!!!

http://www.buzztime.com/schedule.html

Christina/HEELAX/COGNAC

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ ending 9/3?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:07 pm 
Special

Wow, they really gave us some advanced notice of this. And what the heck is The Pulse?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:55 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Nunz wrote:
And what the heck is The Pulse?

Probably a game where you have to guess the penis sizes of various celebrities.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
Probably a game where you have to guess the penis sizes of various celebrities.

Buzztime continues to wonder why I constantly call them idiots. No Sports Trivia anymore, anywhere? Nitwits..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:42 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Looks like I'll have another free night without Buzztime...down to just Saturdays for Raceday and The Season...depending on what the heck The Pulse is...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:42 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Looks like the Sports Illustrated game at the BWWs is now going to run "thur" December. The "thur" is the BT spelling on its website.

Which means over three more months of a repeat game six days a week.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:48 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Nunz wrote:
Wow, they really gave us some advanced notice of this. And what the heck is The Pulse?

Obvously something we want...since they know what we want better than we do
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:25 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Just as I was starting to play it every week. Will try wtf The Pulse is but may have a free night.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Maybe I'm missing something but I have looked all over BT's website for a description or even the slightest hint as to what The Pulse is and haven't found a thing about it other than its appearance on the schedule.
Jeez... a new game that Buzztime is too embarassed to promote shamelessly?
I think sports guys can give Monday nights a big Dating Game kiss goodbye. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:56 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

simply unbelievable...........................

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:01 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Anyone care to wager that The Pulse will be yet another current events, pop-culture type game attempting to capture a demographic that will never truly embrace trivia.

I cant imagine a company that puts out trivia gaming that does not have an ongoing premium SPORTS TRIVIA feature

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

TCHCNB wrote:
Anyone care to wager that The Pulse will be yet another current events, pop-culture type game attempting to capture a demographic that will never truly embrace trivia.

I cant imagine a company that puts out trivia gaming that does not have an ongoing premium SPORTS TRIVIA feature

Hells bells. I have this godawful, horrible vision of The Pulse combining the worst of both F_BLUR and F_DUH. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. According to the most recent posts on their FB page, The Pulse is going to be a network wide sports game. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well at least BT is heading back towards national games. A step in the right direction.
The Pulse does seem to be an interactive sports game replacing Sports IQ, whats the problem with that?

National games are what we want right??

At Hardtimes we will be opting out of the 7pm Wed. football pickem game and the 7pm Thur/3 pm Sat. SEC football trivia games.
See you all on the optional countdown boards at those times.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:45 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Given the timing of SIQ's demise (with MNF starting on 9/10), I would think that it would return then the NFL season is over, especially if The Pulse proves to be The Flop (and not a poker flop.)

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 am 
Centenarian

Buzztime replied to me on facebook with the following...

"Ryan, we know the players love sports games and we are actually trying to mee that need with a new NATIONAL sports game 'The Pulse' that will launch in September! Details are coming soon, hang tight!"

so <shrug>, who knows...

gavv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Well at least BT is heading back towards national games. A step in the right direction.
The Pulse does seem to be an interactive sports game replacing Sports IQ, whats the problem with that?

National games are what we want right??

At Hardtimes we will be opting out of the 7pm Wed. football pickem game and the 7pm Thur/3 pm Sat. SEC football trivia games.
See you all on the optional countdown boards at those times.

Sure, we want national games, but can you trust this company to not fuck it up? I also think it is complete fucking bullshit that the East can play on the Repeat Feed, but not the other way around. Every team that does this is just giving everyone on this side a big fuck you. It drives me nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:14 pm 
Himself Fodder

BUD wrote:

Here's a non-comprehensive list of potential problems with this.

- the game might be more like The Season, in other words, not a true sports game
- who has tested the game? Certainly not any of their core sports players. The feedback BT has received has been from randoms who don't know shit.
- BT's recent track record with reworking premium games. Six, SL, and PB are all shadows of their former selves.
- BT's recent propensity to add final questions to all new premium games, if they do that with their new sports game I promise a revolt. Neither STC nor SIQ had one.
- SIQ has unique gameplay features, that's one of the positive attractions. Now that will probably disappear forever.
- it won't matter if the sports players hate the game, we'll be stuck with it.

It could also be a very good game, but we know we've got a very good game with SIQ.

I'm just at the end of my rope with BT, they don't know their product, they don't know their players, and almost everything they have done over the last few years is damaging to the company. And they won't let us help, and we could do so much good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:17 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Ok, so maybe the initial negative reactions were possibly a bit premature, but who can blame us? They dont exactly have a glowing history on their side.

At least The Pulse now sounds as though it will be a sports game. Given the limitations and legitimate critcisms of SIQ, maybe.............just maybe this will for once turn out to be an improvement? Not holding my breath, but will give it a shot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
BUD wrote:

Here's a non-comprehensive list of potential problems with this.

- the game might be more like The Season, in other words, not a true sports game- who has tested the game? Certainly not any of their core sports players. The feedback BT has received has been from randoms who don't know shit.
- BT's recent track record with reworking premium games. Six, SL, and PB are all shadows of their former selves.
- BT's recent propensity to add final questions to all new premium games, if they do that with their new sports game I promise a revolt. Neither STC nor SIQ had one.
- SIQ has unique gameplay features, that's one of the positive attractions. Now that will probably disappear forever.
- it won't matter if the sports players hate the game, we'll be stuck with it.

It could also be a very good game, but we know we've got a very good game with SIQ.

I'm just at the end of my rope with BT, they don't know their product, they don't know their players, and almost everything they have done over the last few years is damaging to the company. And they won't let us help, and we could do so much good.

If its formatted similar to The Season which really isnt a true sports games but merely a sports themed gamed, I will be quite disappointed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:26 pm 
Special

TCHCNB wrote:
Ok, so maybe the initial negative reactions were possibly a bit premature, but who can blame us? They dont exactly have a glowing history on their side.

At least The Pulse now sounds as though it will be a sports game. Given the limitations and legitimate critcisms of SIQ, maybe.............just maybe this will for once turn out to be an improvement? Not holding my breath, but will give it a shot

Of course, it will be running at 4 p.m. on Mondays in the West. Not sure who can make that, other than 3rd shifters or people who can sneak out of work early.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:50 pm 
Himself Fodder

Nunz wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:
Of course, it will be running at 4 p.m. on Mondays in the West. Not sure who can make that, other than 3rd shifters or people who can sneak out of work early.

From September through December that is the case, otherwise it would air at 5pm.

Would you rather have a repeat game aired at a later hour while competing against 20% of the network?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Nunz wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:

From September through December that is the case, otherwise it would air at 5pm.

Would you rather have a repeat game aired at a later hour while competing against 20% of the network?

Well at least as of now.

But come January, they'll probably flip it to 7pm on the West feed.

The only national premium games right now are out of Necessity (The Season, QB1).

I guess technically it isn't necessary for the West to get The Pulse before QB1. But with this new OT rule in the NFL, its quite possible the start time for The Pulse would push 10pm on some nights if they put it on after QB1.

Hoping it stays national in January, but I'll be a doubting Thomas until that day arrives.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:13 pm 
Himself Fodder

poman wrote:
The only national premium games right now are out of Necessity (The Season, QB1).

What is it a necessity to air The Season nationally? It's no different than any other premium or specialty game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:25 pm 
Special

-BO- wrote:
Nunz wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:

Actually, I'd rather have a live game at 9/8/7/6 like those that seemed to work for nearly two decades.