New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spelling Round- 10 questions?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:01 pm 
Colt

I can see how a spelling round might be clever or fun in lexitopia or Showdown-those are games that are more intellectually focused.

In a sports game that much of the information is originally "heard" versus read is just plain stupid.

I could see if all of BT's games had this type of round, but it's the only one.

Worst of all, most the spelling is of people's names.

Thank god that very few Poles make the major leagues.

This has very little to do with sports knowledge.

I could see showing a suffix or prefix in lexitopia and asking someone to to type the correct match.

Continuity of game formats is lacking.

Oh, and great job advertising the game BT, the blog is stupid.

Post subject: Re: Spelling Round- 10 questions?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:06 pm 
U > 100 * 2

You're saying the fact that this game has something unique about it that doesn't exist in any form in any other game is a bad thing? That's the exact reason why I like the round so much.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:10 pm 
Colt

Jethro wrote:
You're saying the fact that this game has something unique about it that doesn't exist in any form in any other game is a bad thing? That's the exact reason why I like the round so much.

On a lower level yes.

But just because you can spell Levi Johnston doesn't make him relevant to sports. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:01 am 
SF Pier

Jethro wrote:

Ditto. I think it's quite challenging and eminently fair. The hockey player (Zenon Konopka) last night caused me great pause.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:22 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Is there a way to check rankings for last night's game on teheBuzztime site? Does not appear that the game has been restored to "premium game" status, so Im not sure how to look for rankings. Also didnt appear that too many people played last night on the first Sunday back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:55 am 
SF Pier

TCHCNB wrote:
Is there a way to check rankings for last night's game on teheBuzztime site? Does not appear that the game has been restored to "premium game" status, so Im not sure how to look for rankings. Also didnt appear that too many people played last night on the first Sunday back.

The HOF doesn't usually show up until 10-11 CT. But it isn't even showing as a game played on my stats.

Oh well. It was a good practice game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:21 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

dayton wrote:
I can see how a spelling round might be clever or fun in lexitopia or Showdown-those are games that are more intellectually focused.

In a sports game that much of the information is originally "heard" versus read is just plain stupid.

I could see if all of BT's games had this type of round, but it's the only one.

Worst of all, most the spelling is of people's names.

Thank god that very few Poles make the major leagues.

This has very little to do with sports knowledge.

I could see showing a suffix or prefix in lexitopia and asking someone to to type the correct match.

Continuity of game formats is lacking.

The different round formats and the scoring are what make Sports IQ unique. otherwise, it would just be another day's worth of Sports Trivia Challenge

Although sports may not be the category most suited to a spelling round, that shouldn't disqualify the game from having one.

Sports fans aren't stupid and shouldn't be treated as if they are.

even if they don't read newspapers, most sports fans get their information at least in part from print..even if only from graphics during the game or during Sportscenter.

serious sports fans follow stats, especially if they have any interest in fantasy leagues and pools..they would most certainly know how to spell a player's name.

continuity in game formats is over-rated. IMHO, Buzztime needs more variation between games not less

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

HOMER wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:

The HOF doesn't usually show up until 10-11 CT. But it isn't even showing as a game played on my stats.

Not quite. It does show on your personal stats as a "repeat":
http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_profile.php?pid=1947100&tn=trivia&dn=t7&d=14&stp=gh

it is also shown on your site stats:

http://www.buzztime.com/site/10008/gameplayerhistory/gameid/36/gst/20100214163000

Note that the decimal point in the player scores is missing

since the missing hall of fame stats aren't mentioned on the website as a "known issue", i sent them an email reporting the problem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 pm 
SF Pier

stevej84 wrote:
HOMER wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:

Not quite. It does show on your personal stats as a "repeat":
http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_profile.php?pid=1947100&tn=trivia&dn=t7&d=14&stp=gh

it is also shown on your site stats:

http://www.buzztime.com/site/10008/gameplayerhistory/gameid/36/gst/20100214163000

Note that the decimal point in the player scores is missing

since the missing hall of fame stats aren't mentioned on the website as a "known issue", i sent them an email reporting the problem

Ah, I didn't even think to look there.

Thanks, stevej84! 8-)