New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ in Hall of Fame
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:52 am 
Himself Fodder

spotes wrote:
Your assumption may be correct, but why would he bother to do that?
It would not change his bar's average one iota and he would only be hurting his chances of getting the highest possible individual ranking.
I would much prefer two boards with 15K and two boards with 14.5s over four boards with 14.75 each.
It's fun to see one's name on the big board.
It's so shiny...

After taking a second look at his scores Sunday, I may have to retract that. His 5th box was 6 point behind his 1st. That sounds about right for separation in round three for a good player.

On a standard Q in round three playing 5 boards, I'll do something like 5.0, 5.0, 4.6, 4.6, 4.2. Repeat over 8 questions and you're right where he is.

Part of my separation comes from the occasional SPOTES-loving split in rounds 1 and 2. :twisted:

BO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:52 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Round three is the spelling round of which there are 10 questions instead of 8, so the separation would be a little bit more. Wasnt sure if you were referring to the 10-question spelling round or the 8 question years round (round 4).

In any case, I have never played more than one board. At this age (and resultant quality of eyesight) I have enough trouble trying to spell on a keyboard using just one board, much less trying to manage 5!! I may have cost myself a bronze on Sunday night because I spelled Miami Heat wrong for God's sake!! I put in an "A" instead of an "E" and took a zero for the question, which would have put me over 172! As much as my competitive nature wants me too attempt multi-boarding, common sense tells me to to leave well enough alone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:16 pm 
Himself Fodder

I meant to say 10 questions. It's simple to get the same score on 5 PM's during the 8 Q's in the year round.

BO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:18 pm 
Lotsa Posta

HOMER wrote:
Jethro wrote:
-BO- wrote:
Just might although probably not every week. Would be 5 PM's solo though.

BO

Yeah, that still sucks in this game. I don't know how Megumi does it weekly and keeps them all close in score, whenever I do it I end up with about 25 points separation from first to fifth.

I've tried to do all five boxes a few times, and that's about the separation I end up with too. I'll only do it at my home bar if it's nearly empty. Otherwise I look like more of a dork than usual. :mrgreen:

Or you may have a wise-ass like the one that was talking to me a few nights ago, when I was playing 5 boxes. He told me that there were still plenty more boxes on the rack that were available. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S FINALLY ON THE PREMIUM HALL OF FAME PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO