New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIQ 4/25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:51 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Incorrect question in spelling round.

I think it was the last question of the round. Winner of Boston Marathon. Correct answer Robert Cheruiyot. Buzztime had "Daniel" as first name. I had the 2nd to last letter of first name so just automatically punched in "R" without pausing to count out all the first name letters. Figuring it was a slam dunk turned head away back to the baseball game. By the time I turned back and saw "Daniel" too late to do anything. I assume this was nationwide and not just at assorted sites?

The other thing about that is that "Cheruiyot" is a very difficult answer to put in a spelling round! As I recall I had the "O" so it was doable but if I had to do the "U" or the "Y" or the "I" it would have been S.W.A.G. city!!

Post subject: Re: SIQ 4/25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:17 am 
SF Pier

I'm not sure I even got an answer in. I knew the guy's name (but not necessarily the proper spelling), but couldn't figure out which letter to use for the last name. Since it was the Q-10 of the round and I knew I botched it, didn't look up to see the "DANIEL" part, so I'm of no help to you. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:18 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

While I figured out it was Daniel, we had the "Y"...not the "O". Needless to say...it was a zero pointer.

TCHCNB wrote:
Incorrect question in spelling round.

I think it was the last question of the round. Winner of Boston Marathon. Correct answer Robert Cheruiyot. Buzztime had "Daniel" as first name. I had the 2nd to last letter of first name so just automatically punched in "R" without pausing to count out all the first name letters. Figuring it was a slam dunk turned head away back to the baseball game. By the time I turned back and saw "Daniel" too late to do anything. I assume this was nationwide and not just at assorted sites?

The other thing about that is that "Cheruiyot" is a very difficult answer to put in a spelling round! As I recall I had the "O" so it was doable but if I had to do the "U" or the "Y" or the "I" it would have been S.W.A.G. city!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:41 am 
U > 100 * 2

I had the 'i' in the last name, which was hard enough as it was, and was equally perplexed to see Daniel given as his first name.

Anybody else make the mistake I did in the first round of starting on Roy Oswalt, but switching to AJ Burnett when nothing but a pinstriped shirt was visible in the picture? I wonder if that was an intentional choice for Oswalt's pic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:26 am 
SF Pier

Jethro wrote:
Anybody else make the mistake I did in the first round of starting on Roy Oswalt, but switching to AJ Burnett when nothing but a pinstriped shirt was visible in the picture? I wonder if that was an intentional choice for Oswalt's pic.

I did the exact opposite. For whatever reason, I thought Oswalt had at least one losing season. Saw the pinstripes and went Burnett. Think I picked up 0.2 pts once I recognized the Astros cap.

BTW, that seemed to be quite a tough yet fair game. Rounds 2, 3 & 4 were particularly challenging. Not a lot of questions that I was able to answer quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:29 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

HOMER wrote:
Jethro wrote:

I did the exact opposite. For whatever reason, I thought Oswalt had at least one losing season. Saw the pinstripes and went Burnett. Think I picked up 0.2 pts once I recognized the Astros cap.

BTW, that seemed to be quite a tough yet fair game. Rounds 2, 3 & 4 were particularly challenging. Not a lot of questions that I was able to answer quickly.

Very tough last round for sure!! I only had 24 in the last round. Also mised 3 in first round due to dumb mistakes. Had a perfect picture round, bled a few as usual iin spelling round but did OK, and had an "out of my head" 34.5 in the years round. Needless to say I was feeling pretty good going into the last round. Then, BAM..........the trivia gods rose up en masse!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:22 pm 
Himself Fodder

Come on guys, get with the program. SIQ didn't air last night. If it did, I'd see your scores in the HOF.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:26 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Come on guys, get with the program. SIQ didn't air last night. If it did, I'd see your scores in the HOF.

BO

Yes. Hoping for HOF soon as well. It's still a fun game to play though. Im not going to boycott it just because it's not in HOF.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:55 pm 
SF Pier

-BO- wrote:

BO

I thought you didn't care about averages & rankings? :twisted:

I have my own personal HOF.

And my left hand didn't fare too poorly either.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm 
U > 100 * 2

-BO- wrote:

BO

Looks like Don is getting the scores on his site, although I don't know where he would be getting them from. I guess this can act as a hall of fame until they finally add it to the site.

http://ntn.donrdenton.com/sportsiq10.php