New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIQ 9-12
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:02 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Player numbers significantly down last night. I assume this is due to many players focusing on QB1? Or that many just choose not to do SIQ jsut to be able to watch NFL games?

Really not that difficult of a game last night. Top scores were pretty high but tailed off quickly. I had a total of zero points on all for al three "And 1" questions in 2nd round after getting 15/15 on the picture questions. Gave away probably 15-18 other points on sheer stupidity. Should have easily been in the low 160's.

Post subject: Re: SIQ 9-12
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:37 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I forgot the start time changed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:49 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

TCHCNB wrote:
Player numbers significantly down last night. I assume this is due to many players focusing on QB1? Or that many just choose not to do SIQ jsut to be able to watch NFL games?

Really not that difficult of a game last night. Top scores were pretty high but tailed off quickly. I had a total of zero points on all for al three "And 1" questions in 2nd round after getting 15/15 on the picture questions. Gave away probably 15-18 other points on sheer stupidity. Should have easily been in the low 160's.

As BONZO said..I think there are lots of people who forgot the start time moved up half an hour.

When I arrived at my site at 6:45 ET, there were 4 people playing Countdown. When SIQ started, 2 of them logged one answer in the first round and then quit playing. The other 2 never answered one question. I played SIQ alone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:30 pm 
Nonagenarian

Location: Tavern on Main, El Segundo, CA; also play at Mr.B's, East Side Mario's
Yeah, it would have been nice if BT had advertised the start time change on their front page instead of the same promos they have there all the time for cards, avatars, etc. Nice way to upset loyal players who come out Sunday just for that game. I looked up the time Sunday afternoon on the BT site and thought the new time was a mistake.

Christina/HEELAX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:31 pm 
U > 100 * 2

I had no idea of the time change, was not expecting it at all. JOO and I showed up at about 4:55 Mountain Time, expecting to play a game of Countdown before, and were surprised to see Sports IQ begin at 5. I guess we're lucky we showed up a little before 5 instead of a little after.

Also, would like to thank Buzztime for their inclusion of the Indians 1948 World Series in the year round, which I get correct every time and then proceed to swear under my breath.

Signed,
Pissed off Indians fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:48 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Yes the 1948 question was nice.
I couldnt remember the Citation Triple Crown year and went with '46 at first. Didnt get to '48 until the Indians clue came up.

Sometimes those old ones are nice! I noticed they only had one 2000's last night which is rare.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:56 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BTW Jethro...........

Noticed Eggman played last night for the first time in a very, very long time ( at least I dont remember seeing him up there for a very long time). Is he back for good, or was this just a "cameo appearance"?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 pm 
Himself Fodder

TCHCNB wrote:
BTW Jethro...........

Noticed Eggman played last night for the first time in a very, very long time ( at least I dont remember seeing him up there for a very long time). Is he back for good, or was this just a "cameo appearance"?

Unfortunately EGGMAN passed away.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:20 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

ahhhhhhhh.................I did not realize that.
So , someone was likely paying tribute then I imagine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:27 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Not much clue but I can tell it was NOT due to an unusally large number of those choosing the alternative games over SIQ. In fact for that CD game at 7pm there were only 117 players. Normally for BT games in the SIQ slot the average runs 160-180. Of course I suspect many people who would choose altrenatives normally were as surprised as SIQ players at this schedule change. i know I was, and only rather panicked lightning fast key punches and frequent cursing got us a full game of CD instead.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 pm 
U > 100 * 2

TCHCNB wrote:
BTW Jethro...........

Yes, as BO mentioned already, EGGMAN passed away just over a year ago. I recently acquired his account's password, so now I play it from time to time as a tribute.

Besides, if EGGMAN had been playing with us last night, we would have won by even more. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:28 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Unfortunately...I showed up at 7:25EST to find the game already half over... :evil: :evil: :evil: still had a decent score for half the game...

Jethro wrote:
I had no idea of the time change, was not expecting it at all. JOO and I showed up at about 4:55 Mountain Time, expecting to play a game of Countdown before, and were surprised to see Sports IQ begin at 5. I guess we're lucky we showed up a little before 5 instead of a little after.