New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ 2-27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Ok, I havent complained for awhile, but last night in the spelling round one of the answers was Justin Bieber for crying out loud. In a sports game. What, were all the Lady Gaga questions unavailable? Continuing in Buzztimes inexorable quest to turn everything into pop culture...........
I realize he was involved in NBA all star weekend but really.....

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ 2-27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:46 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

First they came for the arts round of SIX, but I did not complain because I did not care about the arts.

Then they came for the Showdown exemption, but .........................

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:18 pm 
U > 100 * 2

This doesn't bother me much after the period of time when Sports IQ had just come back and they would ask at least 1 movie question in the picture round every single week, and would often have a movie/pop culture question in the matching round as well.

But you're right, it is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
This doesn't bother me much after the period of time when Sports IQ had just come back and they would ask at least 1 movie question in the picture round every single week, and would often have a movie/pop culture question in the matching round as well.

But you're right, it is ridiculous.

You're right. I remember when they went through that period of having some pop culture or movie question every single week. Thankfully they havent been doing that for awhile. They seem overall to be doing a better job of keeping the sports games at actual sports questions. I guess thats why it was so annoying last night when they fell back to the old habits. They just cant seem to fully break that tendency to always have to reference some pop culture piece in whatever trivia game we have regardless of theme.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I was playing with my buddy and he misread the question and thought they wanted the real all star game MVP. So he precalls "Kobe Bryant, 100%" then proceeds to get a confused look on his face when the answer comes up and has six letters for the first name, then gets even more confused when I start shouting out "No, it's Justin Bieber!" as he had no idea about the celebrity game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:02 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Thats exactly what happened to me (and likely many others across the nation). I was getting ready to input Kobe and got momentarily confused at the number of letters in the answer. By the time I had it mentally sorted out I think I ended up with a 1.2