New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Triviapalooza 7.0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:53 am 
Lord of Scaratings

I will probably be playing from 6-8 Eastern tonight, will look for y'all on ze boards.

With any luck, you may see a Scar or Bigdog out of BWW Marietta.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
I will probably be playing from 6-8 Eastern tonight, will look for y'all on ze boards.

Already see a win from there....I am at the BWW Brentwood (they just got the tablets here) to play Spotlight.....DOMINATE EVERYBODY THERE

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

And the best part of playing at such an event on Friday:

Seeing the winner of the Think Again round of Spotlight listed as "51-way tie".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:47 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Good Morning to Baltimore from Belleville, IL....Hope to see a different result tonight on Playback.

NOW!!!!.....

Attachments:
10552599_10152560252258571_1152857625155122701_n.jpg
10552599_10152560252258571_1152857625155122701_n.jpg [ 20.97 KiB | Viewed 2244 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:59 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
scar wrote:

Already see a win from there....I am at the BWW Brentwood (they just got the tablets here) to play Spotlight.....DOMINATE EVERYBODY THERE

Not A Bash ;) :lol:

But in all honesty, that was a brutal Spotlight game. Wonder if they cranked up the difficulty just for you guys or if it was just a coincidence.

Wish they'd do the same for Playback, but I'm expecting more of the same repeatfest tonight :( For the love of God, buzztime, please hire a new Playback writer! :x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:12 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

thanks to the people at stained glass for their hospitality. and thanks to all the maryland people for a great time. i would come back any time. for all of those who i met for the first time, it was really a great pleasure. i hope to see you all again soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Opiee and I had a great time at Triviapalooza 7. Thank you Chucky for making it run very smoothly. Thanks for setting it all up with SGP and the hotel. Fine service from both places. The worst that happened was some delay in being able to log on a box on Friday night, but it wasn't that long. No crashes at all, even with 59/60 boxes in play.

But of course there was the usual bash hit or miss lag on a few questions per game when there was over about 35/40 boxes in use. That was clearly the reason why we didn't win Spotlight.
Spiegs seemed to have extreme trouble with the lag on every single box he tried. :mrgreen: Of course he had no trouble spilling at least 3 or 4 beers on the floor. :shock:

Glad to see many folks we had meet before in WV or at the Chicago and Wichita bashes. You all know who you old timers are.
Also glad to finally put some faces with names we had seen on here but never met because we hadn't made an Ohio triviapalooza.
That huge Ohio group was much fun.

It was good to talk with SIKO about New Smyrna Beach FL bars and get the updates on our buddy CHICAU. We also enjoyed INATIF's company, I hope we didn't bore her too much with the MD stories and local bar stuff. Meeting our main Thur. night SIX Challenge competition from West Park was cool, hello to IDJT, now please screw up this week in final SIX. Wishing safe travels to PENGWN and GIMPY and their long, long drive back to Calgary with their coins. Then last, but never least, there was the FLY....up to the usual BOTFLY tricks, thanks mon, irie.

All of us from BWW Gaithersburg MD wish you much happy button pushing (with no lag) and see you on the boards.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:02 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I enjoyed the party. Look forward to Triviapalooza next year

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 pm 
Centenarian

Had a great time in Elkridge, MD! Thanks, Jets!

I've also had great times in the northern burb of Cincinnati in years past, so I would not mind Triviapalooza 8.0 returning to its historical home.

But, here's my comparison take:

Hotel: Huge advantage, Baltimore. Much nicer than the LaQuinta, with the only drawback being the only Inglés word the housekeeping staff understands in "Housekeeping!" Also, a wireless download speedof 57 MBPS in a hotel? Great, and twice the speed I have at home.

Bar: Another huge advantage, Baltimore. Much better food and drink, and the air conditioning actually works! Plus, although it took a while to get a beer, the staff was incredibly friendly.

Travel: For me, Cincinnati has the advantage, but for far more people in the US, advantage goers to Baltimore. If players fly in, huge advantage to Baltimore, with the hotel having airport shuttles.

Tradition: Cincinnati. No contest. But, my beloved Cleveland Municipal Stadium stood for 64 years before she was demolished, and was replaced by newer and better things (except for that POS football stadium).

Thus, while the call on Triviapalooza 8.0 remains in the hands of those who put the blood, sweat and tears into conducting and hosting it, I'm more than willing to spend the extra driving time and gasoline to stay at that Best Western Plus and have crab cakes at Stained Glass Pub again!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:42 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

bigdog216 wrote:

Tradition: Cincinnati. No contest. But, my beloved Cleveland Municipal Stadium stood for 64 years before she was demolished, and was replaced by newer and better things (except for that POS football stadium).

For Triviapalooza tradition, I'd go with Dayton.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:16 pm 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

Thanks Chuck and SGP I had a good time

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:06 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
bigdog216 wrote:

Buckhannon now has a BWW next to a Microtel...just saying.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:

When i was traveling to Cincy, I had to board another bus at Dayton. During layover, I studied the transit routes there and if TP 9 or (for sure) 10 comes back home to Dayton/Huber Heights, I will be there for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:53 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
scar wrote:
bigdog216 wrote:

Buckhannon now has a BWW next to a Microtel...just saying.

WVBTO!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:09 pm 
Octogenarian

WVBTO YESSSSSSS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:10 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I am also for WVBTO if we can stay at the "Hot Organ"

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

EGADS!!!

Talking about a WVBTO was a joke...I think...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:20 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

BUD wrote:
Opiee and I had a great time at Triviapalooza 7. Thank you Chucky for making it run very smoothly. Thanks for setting it all up with SGP and the hotel. Fine service from both places. The worst that happened was some delay in being able to log on a box on Friday night, but it wasn't that long. No crashes at all, even with 59/60 boxes in play.

But of course there was the usual bash hit or miss lag on a few questions per game when there was over about 35/40 boxes in use. That was clearly the reason why we didn't win Spotlight.
Spiegs seemed to have extreme trouble with the lag on every single box he tried. :mrgreen: Of course he had no trouble spilling at least 3 or 4 beers on the floor. :shock:

Glad to see many folks we had meet before in WV or at the Chicago and Wichita bashes. You all know who you old timers are.
Also glad to finally put some faces with names we had seen on here but never met because we hadn't made an Ohio triviapalooza.
That huge Ohio group was much fun.

It was good to talk with SIKO about New Smyrna Beach FL bars and get the updates on our buddy CHICAU. We also enjoyed INATIF's company, I hope we didn't bore her too much with the MD stories and local bar stuff. Meeting our main Thur. night SIX Challenge competition from West Park was cool, hello to IDJT, now please screw up this week in final SIX. Wishing safe travels to PENGWN and GIMPY and their long, long drive back to Calgary with their coins. Then last, but never least, there was the FLY....up to the usual BOTFLY tricks, thanks mon, irie.

All of us from BWW Gaithersburg MD wish you much happy button pushing (with no lag) and see you on the boards.

Thanks, BUD! GIMPY opted to stay in Mississauga and visit her family for a few days, leaving me to make the solo drive home, which I did through northern Ontario rather than re-enter the US as we originally planned. Final odometry was 9324 km (5795 miles). I didn't get receipts for every gas fill-up, but I figure that total was about $750, which is only slightly more than what I spent for Greyhound tickets last year

After Palooza, we went duckpin bowling on Sunday, basked on Seabright Beach (just south of Sandy Hook) on Monday, saw Niagara Falls and GIMPY's best friend in Toronto on Tuesday. After that, I explored the Bruce Peninsula and Manitoulin Island (including the famous Mounted Animal Nature Trail, which is now contained in a cabin), before turning westward for the marathon drive (by Marathon) home

Probably the zaniest adventure was camping Monday night. We tried to find a couple of campgrounds in the NE corner of Pennsylvania, either by internet or signage, but had no luck locating anything. Unlike in Maryland, we did find a Mormon monument ground, and decided we could get away with pitching the tent in the trees for the night without too many people noticing. Turns out we had stumbled on the town where Joseph Smith lived while writing/translating the Book of Mormon, and said monument is actually a significant pilgrimage destination. We awoke to about twenty people milling about (including one couple with a professional photographer in tow), and while we were dismantling the tent, a full-size tour bus arrived

Overall, I had a fantastic vacation. Thanks to all the people who participated and made it so memorable, especially ANON and family for putting us up after our Fellowship visit, and JETS for putting together a helluva great weekend! I'll probably be camping this weekend with my new trivia chair :D and will raise my remaining bottle of Old Leghumper to your collective health

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:25 pm 
Centenarian

tiefly wrote:
EGADS!!!

Talking about a WVBTO was a joke...I think...

I'd love a WVBTO, whether it we lay our heads at the Microtel or the HOT ORGAN.

Brother Tiefly, if it happens, Fiona will be there with Old Leghumper in her trunk.

In the words of Captain Picard, "Make it so!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:49 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I was asked about my travels this year. I said the best trip I took was to Triviapalooza 7.0. It's the only time I have driven 500 miles to see people who live less than 50 miles from me. it was a blast. I am looking forward to the 8th installment of this crazy event.

t

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

teverett wrote:
I am looking forward to the 8th installment of this crazy event.

t

Me too and its back in Cincy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:16 am 
King or Queen Postalot

teverett wrote:
I was asked about my travels this year. I said the best trip I took was to Triviapalooza 7.0. It's the only time I have driven 500 miles to see people who live less than 50 miles from me. it was a blast. I am looking forward to the 8th installment of this crazy event.

t

Me too, even though it's back in Cincy :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5