New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Why not "bash"?
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, it’s time to provide an explanation why the indiscriminate use of “bash” by some here causes the genuine resentment from some of us that were parts of the Real Bashes from at least 1998 through 2003. FWIW, I first met Bobby/LEWSER at the one and only Phoenix Bash in 2000, and the following year at Houston Bash 2001 finally met BO (apologies to others on this list whom I’ve also met at other Real Bashes; no disrespect meant).

My first Real Bash was in 1998 in Myrtle Beach, followed by one later that year in Las Vegas. Tampa hosted the 1999 & 2002 Real Bashes; Houston hosted again in 2003. If there were any other Real Bashes since 2003, I was not a part of those. The 1998 Real Bashes in Myrtle Beach and Las Vegas were composed partly of members of the BadBart list and AOHell players. As it turned out, those Real Bashes marked the handing off of Real Bashes from the AOHell players to BadBart (there was some overlap between the two groups).

Certainly, some of you will not appreciate and/or agree with the following, however there has been and always will be an attitude of exclusivity among those of us that have been part of the long standing BadBart list (and, of course, maybe just a lil more for some of us than others). If there is/was any other list that has been around longer and/or has had membership composed primarily of the most visible players of the NTN Buzztime Network, it’s news to me.

Exclusivity aside, any current participant(s) of the past WVBTOs or Triviapalooza with the audacity to suggest that those of us that attended those Real Bashes didn’t have at least as much (if not more) fun than now is sadly mistaken. The opportunities to meet and play with other well known players had as much priceless value then as it does now.

There’s more I could add, but IMO this is enough for now.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Why not "bash"?
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:46 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I like the definition there.

I am one when I travel, I look for a "quality place" to play in the general area where I am. Quality is defined in two ways

1. In the top twenty
2. Someone I have met at an event or posts on here plays there.

I will admit that I am one that likes to see many different places.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:39 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Without trying to come across harshly to LILJOL... I couldn't give the slightest fuck what an "event" is called.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Well, it’s time to provide an explanation why the indiscriminate use of “bash” by some here causes the genuine resentment from some of us that were parts of the Real Bashes from at least 1998 through 2003. FWIW, I first met Bobby/LEWSER at the one and only Phoenix Bash in 2000, and the following year at Houston Bash 2001 finally met BO (apologies to others on this list whom I’ve also met at other Real Bashes; no disrespect meant).

My first Real Bash was in 1998 in Myrtle Beach, followed by one later that year in Las Vegas. Tampa hosted the 1999 & 2002 Real Bashes; Houston hosted again in 2003. If there were any other Real Bashes since 2003, I was not a part of those. The 1998 Real Bashes in Myrtle Beach and Las Vegas were composed partly of members of the BadBart list and AOHell players. As it turned out, those Real Bashes marked the handing off of Real Bashes from the AOHell players to BadBart (there was some overlap between the two groups).

Certainly, some of you will not appreciate and/or agree with the following, however there has been and always will be an attitude of exclusivity among those of us that have been part of the long standing BadBart list (and, of course, maybe just a lil more for some of us than others). If there is/was any other list that has been around longer and/or has had membership composed primarily of the most visible players of the NTN Buzztime Network, it’s news to me.

Exclusivity aside, any current participant(s) of the past WVBTOs or Triviapalooza with the audacity to suggest that those of us that attended those Real Bashes didn’t have at least as much (if not more) fun than now is sadly mistaken. The opportunities to meet and play with other well known players had as much priceless value then as it does now.

There’s more I could add, but IMO this is enough for now.

Exclusivity?

Damn! Y'all had more "Exclusive" fun, exclusive fun which the rest of us can only dream!

And shucks, we only get to meet below average players at our events, because the Olympic gods of trivia won't grace us with their exclusive presence, but gather in anti-bashes with their ilk and kin to laugh at our futile attempts to beat their scores...whatever.

Exclusivity! I guess I'm having a bash everytime I travel to a site and make the board solo...pretty fucking exclusive and a "wicked pissa" of a good time with BOTFLY, esquire.

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!

Best of luck in all of your exclusive endeavors, you exclusive endeavorers.

Sincerely,

One unworthy, late to the party, bash-excluded BT player.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:20 pm 
Precinct?

Sonny, Heroes had bashes three consecutive years in the early 2000s. The first was probably the greatest bash of all.

It was sponsored by Heineken. 60+ people from twelve states attended. For a week.

The barmaid that took care of our table (it was a goddamn big table) made $1800 in tips from the bashers that week.

Hell, PROF bought a round and it was $400. I think CLULES did as well.

The last one we did, I didn't want to throw. I asked what was in it for us. They asked what I wanted.

I said a thousand dollar bar tab for myself and The Professor. They said yes. We were generous that bash.

-EP

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ELPUKO wrote:
Sonny, Heroes had bashes three consecutive years in the early 2000s. The first was probably the greatest bash of all.

It was sponsored by Heineken. 60+ people from twelve states attended. For a week.

The barmaid that took care of our table (it was a goddamn big table) made $1800 in tips from the bashers that week.

The last one we did, I didn't want to throw. I asked what was in it for us. They asked what I wanted.

I said a thousand dollar bar tab for myself and The Professor. They said yes. We were generous that bash.

-EP

My bad...as if any further proof was needed of my increasingly decrepit, fragile lil mind. :cry:

<--BTW, that should have been instead of "Sonny"...You lil old grumpy forgetful bastard, you... :lol:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Also CLIPPER's Bash in Chicago in '04.

That was a great one attended by many a Barter but I guess you missed that one Joel. ??

OPIEE & I attended that one as well as the 2nd legendary Wichita Bash along with Lewser, GIRLIE, FOG, TTLPKG etc, etc, WAY too many to list here.

We have also attended 2 WV BASHES and yes that is what they will be known as. :shock:

They had the same feel as the other bashes no doubt there. Did the WV bashes dominate the boards on both Fri/Sat nights, maybe not, but we were right up there with the multitude of anti bashes scheduled for those weekends.

They are all the SAME for the most part. Trivia players meeting old and new fellow players and drinking to their heart's content. :mrgreen:

BASH ON little buddy!!! 8-) 8-)

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Tue May 17, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ELPUKO wrote:

Chuck also walked out the front door, took a right, took another right, took another right walked in the back door and said, "This place has trivia too?"

BTW. TTLPKG's drunk girl that fell off the table, remember that? I saw her about six months ago, I was running six boards she said she could beat me, she didn't. I wasn't sure if it was her at the time, it sure looked like her. I talked to Bill a couple of months ago, and she is in fact a lawyer here in Vegas.

p.s. The wooden chairs at Heroes' are crap.

p.s.s. I still have my 'Wichita Cat' that I climbed onto the roof of the Radisson to save. I rock!!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:59 pm 
Himself Fodder

Probably the biggest difference is that the events nowadays are socialize first, trivia scores second, drinking notwithstanding. Bashes are trivia scores first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and if there's time between games, then socialize. We got together to destroy the rest of the network, plain and simple.

But in the process we had a helluva time, partly because kicking ass is what most of us got off on.

And as I've always said, the events nowadays seem great, got nothing against them in the least. But they are totally different events compared to the bashes of a decade ago.

BO

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Probably the biggest difference is that the events nowadays are socialize first, trivia scores second, drinking notwithstanding. Bashes are trivia scores first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and if there's time between games, then socialize. We got together to destroy the rest of the network, plain and simple.

But in the process we had a helluva time, partly because kicking ass is what most of us got off on.

And as I've always said, the events nowadays seem great, got nothing against them in the least. But they are totally different events compared to the bashes of a decade ago.

BO

I was only at one bash in Tampa in 2002.
Between PROF fighting OSIRIS right behind me during the solo competition cash game from questions 6 to 8, PUKO getting smashed/belligerent and challenging me to solo money games around 1 a.m. Friday night, and Sunday dinner at the overpriced 1905 restaurant when we could all be playing more trivia, I'll stick with Triviapalooza, thanks.

I do have to admit that I enjoyed crushing all of the badbarters in the crowd during the solo stuff on Saturday, though... mwah! ha! ha!

In support of your position, however, I should mention that our scores got Bilmar to #1 as a bar all four games we played solo that day.
Playing together would have been showing off... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:55 am 
Centenarian

-BO- wrote:

BO

And you know this for a fact even though you haven't actually attended a recent Bash? Didn't think so.

Having been part of Tampa Bash 2002, Houston Bash 2003, Chicago Bash 2004, two Wichita Bashes, WVBTO I, and Triviapalooza I and II (as well as many mini-bashes over the years), I undoubtedly consider the more recent gatherings Bashes.

See you in July? :)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:26 am 
Himself Fodder

spotes wrote:
I was only at one bash in Tampa in 2002.
Between PROF fighting OSIRIS right behind me during the solo competition cash game from questions 6 to 8, PUKO getting smashed/belligerent and challenging me to solo money games around 1 a.m. Friday night

PUKO getting smashed/belligerent? Really? You must be joking.

BO

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:45 am 
Centenarian

My dictionary defines bash as 2 : a festive social gathering. Gee that sounds just like WVBTO and Triviapalooza. The others not so much. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I have been to a couple smaller events with another group I am a member of (the night before our convention started) that were called "bash". However, they do not compare to the fun, follies, falls and festivities of Triviapalooza.

Hopefully it will not be 140 degrees in Bargos again this summer.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:19 am 
Himself Fodder

Bigsky wrote:
My dictionary defines bash as 2 : a festive social gathering. Gee that sounds just like WVBTO and Triviapalooza. The others not so much. :D

As much as it pains me to say this to you, the above is a hilariously funny statement. Well played.

BO

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Bigsky wrote:

I think they are using the other definition - 1 : v. To crush the head in on an object, generally with a blunt instument. 2: n. Trivia Gathering where participants so badly destroy the competition they are prone to surrender to their collective mightiness. 3: n. v. adj. adv. Trivia greatness on such a grand scale that the Elders speak of it's royal awesomity for eons to come.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:19 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Out of curiousity were there any anti-bashes back in the day? Like the one's put together by the Danny K's/ Mr. B's group or the one the Fletcher's/Detroit gang had? I imagine to some scale there was.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:44 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

ELPUKO wrote:
60+ people from twelve states attended.

Is that all?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 pm 
Himself Fodder

Tolle wrote:
Out of curiousity were there any anti-bashes back in the day? Like the one's put together by the Danny K's/ Mr. B's group or the one the Fletcher's/Detroit gang had? I imagine to some scale there was.

While I can't say it never happened, all the players that would have anti-bashed were actually at the bashes with all the other heavy hitters. Kind of hard to anti-bash if you don't have any elites.

BO

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Tolle wrote:

While I can't say it never happened, all the players that would have anti-bashed were actually at the bashes with all the other heavy hitters. Kind of hard to anti-bash if you don't have any elites.

Well, what BO said, and if there were any, we didn't notice. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:13 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

liljol wrote:
-BO- wrote:
Tolle wrote:

Well, what BO said, and if there were any, we didn't notice. Image

We definitely noticed Danny K's in a solid and strong second place all last year...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I really love the terms 'elite' & 'exclusive' when describing "authentic bashes".

Is there valet parking upon arrival? Do y'all have entourages? Does anyone wear a cape? (There's one at the Goodwill that I've got my eyes on).

Do y'all have servants bringing you lemon water bowls to wash your fingers in between games? Or do you just scrub the Playmakers down with wetnaps like the rest of us?

Do y'all golf clap politely after a correct answer is given, or do you just yell out "Great answer, Uncle Scar!"

These are the things I need to know if I were to ever hold another trivia event. I'm sick of all of these drunk, underachieving, lewd, crude, rude, and sexually deviant folks coming to WV to play trivia haphazardly and enjoy themselves. Reminds me too much of church.

Thanks in advance for your responses,

tiefly--self-glorifying crapster

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:07 am 
Himself Fodder

tiefly wrote:
Does anyone wear a cape?

LILJOL wears something sorta similar to a cape....

BO

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
tiefly wrote:
Does anyone wear a cape?

BO

In that case, I'm taking all of my empty Iron City Light cans to the recycling center for redemption and then going to Goodwill and get me that "Cape of Exclusivity".

Of course, I'll probably just trip over it.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:07 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
tiefly wrote:
Does anyone wear a cape?

Image Image Image

<--thanks a bunch, you grumpy young bastard, just got down wiping down my monitor... Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!