New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Triviapalooza 5.0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
spotes wrote:
If anyone is planning on stopping by 86th Street Pub either before or after TP5 this year, please let me know so that I can arrange to have some of our regulars available to act as hosts during your visit.
I've already heard from some of you, so there might actually be more visitors than regulars playing but we'll see what we can do.

Is there a motel nearby? I drive through Indianapolis every year on my way to Cincinatti. I always thought there would be no one there on If stopped in at noon on Thursday on my way down or on Sunday on my way back? I might stop on a wednesday evening if there was a motel nearby.

I play every week on Thursday starting around 1:30-2pm until 7-8pm.
The guys have started mimicking my schedule that day, so at least three of us would be there.
If people let me know in advance, I could be there on Sunday at any time.
Depending on my work schedule, I could also make Wed. nite. It's a bit of a wild card.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:29 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well, its official. Booked my room. I should be in Cincinnati for the duration of Triviapalooza.

Won't be passing through Indianapolis. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

spotes wrote:
FrankC wrote:
spotes wrote:
If anyone is planning on stopping by 86th Street Pub either before or after TP5 this year, please let me know so that I can arrange to have some of our regulars available to act as hosts during your visit.
I've already heard from some of you, so there might actually be more visitors than regulars playing but we'll see what we can do.

Is there a motel nearby? I drive through Indianapolis every year on my way to Cincinatti. I always thought there would be no one there on If stopped in at noon on Thursday on my way down or on Sunday on my way back? I might stop on a wednesday evening if there was a motel nearby.

I play every week on Thursday starting around 1:30-2pm until 7-8pm.
The guys have started mimicking my schedule that day, so at least three of us would be there.
If people let me know in advance, I could be there on Sunday at any time.
Depending on my work schedule, I could also make Wed. nite. It's a bit of a wild card.

I've played a few times at 86th Street with SPOTES, STEVE, TURBO, and GAVV. Definitely worth the trip for those who have the time.

I didn't really pay attention before my visit, but I noticed afterwards that they are Buzztime's #1 rated trivia bar. It was an honor for me to make them the best! I'm sure they're still halfway decent without me there though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ranger wrote:
Well, its official. Booked my room. I should be in Cincinnati for the duration of Triviapalooza.

Cool Charles...All i need is get my Greyhound tix and I am all set.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:14 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

MitchWolf wrote:
ranger wrote:

Cool Charles...All i need is get my Greyhound tix and I am all set.

Ditto

Betcha mine will cost more than yours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
Betcha mine will cost more than yours

No S**t Sherlock (that is my brother's way of saying DUH!!!..lol)

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
I've played a few times at 86th Street with SPOTES, STEVE, TURBO, and GAVV. Definitely worth the trip for those who have the time.

I didn't really pay attention before my visit, but I noticed afterwards that they are Buzztime's #1 rated trivia bar. It was an honor for me to make them the best! I'm sure they're still halfway decent without me there though.

Tolle is being much too modest.
Not only did he single-handedly pull us up by our bootstraps from the depths of anonymity, he also managed to save the pub from the grip of its paralyzing beer surplus dilemma.
My hero!

Speaking of which, aren't you due for a visit?
Just think of it as a trivia booster shot. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:59 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The BOTFLY incubation room has been booked. Infestation starts on Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm 
Centenarian

Big Blue might not make its way from Greater Cleveland after all.

Here's the deal: My Mac is in Full Freakout Mode, aka "kernel panic," according to the techies. That's the equivalent of the PC "Blue Screen of Death."

I'm not calling it off yet, but it looks like my 'palooza money will be spent in Mayfield Heights OH (Micro Center to fix it) instead of Springdale OH. I'm really screwed if that Mac cannot be revived, and I have to spend three times the 'palooza cash in either Mayfield Heights OH or Lyndurst OH (home of the Apple Store).

Errr ... make that six times the cash if I have to replace my Adobe Creative Suite ... the upside is, the new Macs are gorgeous, but the downside is the MasterCard Meltdown and missing a great time.

In Hillbillyville vernaciular, I'll keep y'all posted.

-- BIGDOG, The Other White Meat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:42 am 
Centenarian

tiefly wrote:
The BOTFLY incubation room has been booked. Infestation starts on Thursday.

Gross.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 am 
Lord of Scaratings

bigdog216 wrote:
Big Blue might not make its way from Greater Cleveland after all.

Here's the deal: My Mac is in Full Freakout Mode, aka "kernel panic," according to the techies. That's the equivalent of the PC "Blue Screen of Death."

I'm not calling it off yet, but it looks like my 'palooza money will be spent in Mayfield Heights OH (Micro Center to fix it) instead of Springdale OH. I'm really screwed if that Mac cannot be revived, and I have to spend three times the 'palooza cash in either Mayfield Heights OH or Lyndurst OH (home of the Apple Store).

Errr ... make that six times the cash if I have to replace my Adobe Creative Suite ... the upside is, the new Macs are gorgeous, but the downside is the MasterCard Meltdown and missing a great time.

In Hillbillyville vernaciular, I'll keep y'all posted.

-- BIGDOG, The Other White Meat

Do you have to buy new ? And is the software a transferable license ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 pm 
Centenarian

My 'palooza cash has been routed in another direction, thanks to the failed motherboard on my G5 Mac. To fix it, they quoted me $355 for a junkyard motherboard and another $70 in labor. I was already having service issues with that machine.

Thus, with great regret, Big Blue will not make its way to 'paloooza, and neither will I.

As a stopgap, I'm getting a refurbished Mac for $400 (3 years newer) and downloading Rosetta on it to run Creative Suite for the time being. If I buy new, I'm holding out for Mountain Lion, but that system will not ship until mid-July.

Best skill to all. I'll miss a great time, and I'll miss y'all.

Oh, well. Nothing like the day of the Negligent Babydaddy Association draft to find out my Mac is toast.

-- BIGDOG, Not Bringing Goodies From the 216, 440 and 330 This Year.

Last edited by bigdog216 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

bigdog216 wrote:
My 'palooza cash has been routed in another direction, thanks to the failed motherboard on my G5 Mac. To fix it, they quoted me $355 for a junkyard motherboard and another $70 in labor. I was already having service issues with that machine.

Thus, with great regret, Big Blue will not make its way to 'paloooza, and neither will I.

Did you read my PM yet?

Edit: You haven't...

Re-edit: Now you have read my PM...do my cost-saving ideas make it possible for you to attend?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

bigdog216 wrote:

As a stopgap, I'm getting a refurbished Mac for $400 (3 years newer) and downloading Rosetta on it to run Creative Suite for the time being. If I buy new, I'm holding out for Snow Leopard, but that system will not ship until mid-July.

Oh, well. Nothing like the day of the Negligent Babydaddy Association draft to find out my Mac is toast.

Brudda, you can crash in my room.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:29 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Side note for Palooza.

With Big Blue not coming to the 513, I have a spare Reds vs. Brewers ticket for Friday evening. My company has a private box for the night. What this includes is dinner, consisting pulled bar-b-que pork, pasta salad, cole slaw, cookies, popcorn, all the soda you can drink and 4 free beers (2 beer tickets a person x 2 since I will be the designated driver). We will be in the power alley in left center field for the game.

Please let me know via PM if you are interested.

Tiffany

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:22 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
bigdog216 wrote:
My 'palooza cash has been routed in another direction...

Brudda, you can crash in my room.

BIGDOG, you've got TIEFLY's generous offer, and you've got an offer from me for both lodging and transportation (at least one way, and we can talk further).

We're all a family here. I know that you've read my PM. What can we do to be able to enjoy your company at Triviapalooza?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:42 pm 
Centenarian

I thought I was in tears over my dead Mac, but I greatly appreciate (almost with tears of joy) the support of the trivia community, and I have not canceled my vaco time yet.

Is anyone headed for 'palooza going to meet up with The Fellowship on Tuesday, the 17th to play? Like, making the trip from wherever to Streetsboro on the way to the 'natti?

If so, I'll bring Big Blue to the 'Boro for a Beer Summit before and after Showdown in the Microtel that day, and The Fellowship, in its incomparable graciousness, will welcopme our guests with open arms, along with owner Chef Bill and lovely wife Cindy at StringZ and WingZ.
It's a great chance to play with the greatest Showdon teams ever assembled in all of North America!

Note on the Microtel: Cheap, great bang for the buck, but primitive Zenith televisions that make people used to HD think they are drunk. No loss, we can achieve that state with microbrews anyawy. But, clean with a great staff. Note on StringZ: No such thing as bad food there.

While I might not be able to make the 'natti for 'palooza, why not at least send some of the most dedicated of the Fellow (trivia) Travelers off with a Beer Summit?

Let me know who is in, and maybe we can do a great sendoiff down I-71.

--BIGDOG: you know, the broke white guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:10 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

bigdog216 wrote:
I thought I was in tears over my dead Mac, but I greatly appreciate (almost with tears of joy) the support of the trivia community, and I have not canceled my vaco time yet.

Is anyone headed for 'palooza going to meet up with The Fellowship on Tuesday, the 17th to play? Like, making the trip from wherever to Streetsboro on the way to the 'natti?

If so, I'll bring Big Blue to the 'Boro for a Beer Summit before and after Showdown in the Microtel that day, and The Fellowship, in its incomparable graciousness, will welcopme our guests with open arms, along with owner Chef Bill and lovely wife Cindy at StringZ and WingZ.
It's a great chance to play with the greatest Showdon teams ever assembled in all of North America!

Note on the Microtel: Cheap, great bang for the buck, but primitive Zenith televisions that make people used to HD think they are drunk. No loss, we can achieve that state with microbrews anyawy. But, clean with a great staff. Note on StringZ: No such thing as bad food there.

While I might not be able to make the 'natti for 'palooza, why not at least send some of the most dedicated of the Fellow (trivia) Travelers off with a Beer Summit?

Let me know who is in, and maybe we can do a great sendoiff down I-71.

--BIGDOG: you know, the broke white guy

I'm going to visit The Fellowship for Showdown. I'll be at Holiday Inn Express (trading points for lodging).

Why not hitch a ride south? Except for my boorish behavior and snoring, that is... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

For those planning the trip to Mt. Carmel, I will be calling about the tour tomorrow afternoon. I have a count of 6 people so far.

Thanks,

TIffany

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:12 pm 
Centenarian

teverett wrote:
For those planning the trip to Mt. Carmel, I will be calling about the tour tomorrow afternoon. I have a count of 6 people so far.

Thanks,

TIffany

Please tentatively pencil me in for a spot. I am truly on the fence as to whether or not I want to go - or more accurately - if I trust I can keep my samplin' "consumption" to a reasonable level :shock: :oops:

If there is one too many for the ride, I think faith (the beer gods(?!)) would then be telling me to "bow out".. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

teverett wrote:

Thanks,

TIffany

Tiffany, what day and time is this event?

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:12 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
teverett wrote:

Thanks,

TIffany

Tiffany, what day and time is this event?

I am shooting for a private tour at 1:30pm Friday afternoon...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

For those attending Triviapalooza,

I have arranged for a side trip/tour of the Mount Carmel Brewing Company on Friday. Tour will leave from Bargos at 12:30. We will be back around 3:00. www.mtcarmelbrewingcompany.com. I have space in my vehicle for 3 people. They normally do not offer tours on Friday, but we have one.

If you are interested, please PM me off list so we can firm up transportation, etc.

Thanks,

Tiffany

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:17 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

lewser wrote:
The most annoying thing is some badge whore keeps terminating on the East and shows up on the West. It is annoying as fuck and it is nothing more than taunting. Listen, we know we are fucked out here for competition, but do you have to keep taunting us by playing CD on our feed for a few more stupid ass badges?

Want all my P+ points how about these fucking retarded badges that have diluted (for lack of coding) the CD question pool? Take them all, I don't care.

A guy new to town heard about me losing my 36 Million P+, he said, "Why would you do that?" I replied, "They are worthless and mean less than nothing." He kept arguing about why someone would risk that amount of P+? I said, "Listen, I don't give a sh!t about the points or Buzztime. If Buzztime went out of business tomorrow what would you get for those points?" Like at the movie, silence is golden.

By the way, will we have the pleasure of your company at Triviapalooza?

This is important...if you're going to be there I have to budget for buying you alcohol, which I understand is a considerable investment if the goal is your reaching happiness...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:
lewser wrote:
The most annoying thing is some badge whore keeps terminating on the East and shows up on the West. It is annoying as fuck and it is nothing more than taunting. Listen, we know we are fucked out here for competition, but do you have to keep taunting us by playing CD on our feed for a few more stupid ass badges?

Want all my P+ points how about these fucking retarded badges that have diluted (for lack of coding) the CD question pool? Take them all, I don't care.

A guy new to town heard about me losing my 36 Million P+, he said, "Why would you do that?" I replied, "They are worthless and mean less than nothing." He kept arguing about why someone would risk that amount of P+? I said, "Listen, I don't give a sh!t about the points or Buzztime. If Buzztime went out of business tomorrow what would you get for those points?" Like at the movie, silence is golden.

By the way, will we have the pleasure of your company at Triviapalooza?

This is important...if you're going to be there I have to budget for buying you alcohol, which I understand is a considerable investment if the goal is your reaching happiness...

I'll toss in your own water bottle of 'hillbillyville mother's milk', along with the secret handshake to get into "Room 216" (which may or may not be in room 216).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next