New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Triviapalooza 5.0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:07 pm 
Octogenarian

That's not going to be your problem. These categories are potentially brutal, especially if it's Grammys. Good luck against your neighbors to the north, especially if it's Grammys

If you're referring to that "bar in Michigan" as ROCKET affectionately refers to us as, no one (to my knowledge) is playing tonight except me. Todd (GROHL) is in Memphis touring Sun & Stax studios, Rich is somewhere out West enjoying his 4 week vacation, and I am somewhere in Cincinnati.......a place called JW's Sports Lounge until I get my bearings straight and find this Bargos place. Randy & Mike didn't sound like they wanted to play as a duo (or trio if Jeff joins them). Anyway, as soon as I find this Jungle Jim's and then Bargos I should be set. So.......that makes you the chief opposition (with all due respect to Houston, Tampa, Southern Cal if there was no feed spilt, and Mr. Megumi who can be a handful all by himself).

Unless I've been lied to, there will be no bar in Michigan starting with an "F" making the boards this evening.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:34 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Good morning to all of you. What can I say about Version 5.0? Lots and lots of fun.
Great to see old friends and meet new.
The electric scoreboard complete with buzzer.
Attempting to single box Speed Freaks (someone needs to make sure FrankC really does understand the rules we made).
Guessing the third clue on Countdown games
Karoke (some good, some not so good)
The trip to Mount Carmel
White Castles

Thanks to Tolle, Cheese, Patty, the staff at Bargos for making this fun. Definitely have to do it again next year.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:21 am 
Himself Fodder

teverett wrote:
Attempting to single box Speed Freaks (someone needs to make sure FrankC really does understand the rules we made).

After looking at the scores I can't figure out what you guys you trying to do for that game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:42 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
teverett wrote:

After looking at the scores I can't figure out what you guys you trying to do for that game.

Funny you should say that. :roll: :?:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

liljol wrote:
-BO- wrote:
teverett wrote:

Funny you should say that. :roll: :?:

Our go-to guy in Speed Freaks must not have been playing under a players plus handle because he won the game semi-nationally despite FrankC's valiant effort :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:40 pm 
Himself Fodder

Wow. The perfect opportunity to play SF and the majority are too scared to compete? Now I know some attendees would have enjoyed the competition, but overall that's really weak. Were they any cutthroat games?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:46 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Wow. The perfect opportunity to play SF and the majority are too scared to compete? Now I know some attendees would have enjoyed the competition, but overall that's really weak. Were they any cutthroat games?

I would've preferred cutthroat myself. Perhaps SPOTES was afraid.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanx to everyone for making feel welcome to the event....had fun there and will plan on making it next year.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:00 pm 
Himself Fodder

Tolle wrote:
-BO- wrote:

The only explanation is that ROCKNE is actually the brains of the operation at 86th Street and that WB was so dominant during his first day there that the rest of the regulars were too scared to show up and get bitch-slapped again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Tolle wrote:
-BO- wrote:

The only explanation is that ROCKNE is actually the brains of the operation at 86th Street and that WB was so dominant during his first day there that the rest of the regulars were too scared to show up and get bitch-slapped again.

In all fairness, the regulars, with SPOTES at the lead, got maybe one or two answers from me, at most, on Thursday...and just because I might've been first doesn't mean others wouldn't have known the answer.

All of the regulars are excellent; SPOTES remains the best player I've seen. I back away from nothing regarding hospitality on one day, but I'm not letting my handle be associated with criticism of their talent, even in jest. The 86th Street team is good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

There were no cutthroat games that I know of, that's not what this group is about...Maybe if you come down next year, we can arrange some of those....

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there 4 choices in Speed Freaks and you get 1000 for getting question right, and -250 for getting it wrong. So wouldn't on average you end up with a positive score if you just pushed a button as fast as you could without reading the question.. It's a dumb game if you have a bunch of people, over 15, it's unplayable. Good questions but not enough penalty for wrong answers...

Also, I realize we weren't exactly tearing it up in SIX on Thursday, but trust me, we all lost a few thousand points, as we did last year, due to the number of boards. Wasn't a problem on any other game (at least it was negligible), but for some reason the pyramid round penalized us tremendously on the last few questions and definitely on the final round... Nobody from our group mentioned it because it's probably not important enough for them to worry about it.. Doubt if we would have won, but scores would have been higher...

Special thanks to CHEESE for making this event work seamlessly and TOLLE ( I think he helped too, but not sure). It was fun again, and with almost the same group as last year this is becoming like an odd family reunion :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

clark wrote:

Special thanks to CHEESE for making this event work seamlessly and TOLLE ( I think he helped too, but not sure). It was fun again, and with almost the same group as last year this is becoming like an odd family reunion :)

Nice meeting you, Todd. I guess I am the new adopted member of the family......lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

Speed Freaks already elaborates unequal box communication issues and you want to throw an additional 50 boards into the mix and bring that horrific lag into play?
No thanks.
They tried SF at TPI, TPII and TPIII.
The winning score was usually 2000.
I was outside smoking when SF started this year or I would have
offered to man the board for them.
I like to think that I could outrace that titan of Speed Freaks, FrankC, to an answer here or there... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
-BO- wrote:

Speed Freaks already elaborates unequal box communication issues and you want to throw an additional 50 boards into the mix and bring that horrific lag into play?
No thanks.
They tried SF at TPI, TPII and TPIII.
The winning score was usually 2000.
I was outside smoking when SF started this year or I would have
offered to man the board for them.
I like to think that I could outrace that titan of Speed Freaks, FrankC, to an answer here or there... :mrgreen:

I agree, SF is unplayable with more than 5 boxes. Worthless game when 1 box is faster, with 50 boxes forget it.

At Hardtimes we saw BARGOS as the winner in the east, must have been a guest handle. At least you all won Playback.

Seems like there was a lot of people. Where are the good stories? Let's see some pics to see how it was.

There couldn't have been much drinking going on because TIEFLY won a game after 9pm on a Sat. night???? :mrgreen:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:51 pm 
Himself Fodder

As I've said before, as long as everybody had fun that's really all that matters. Some things just strike me as odd, nothing more.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Yes, we had Cheese playing under the unregistered handle Bargos, which showed as first in the East.

It was a great event. Thanks to Tolle, Cheese, gmbrk, and all others who made it possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

clark][quote="teverett wrote:

After looking at the scores I can't figure out what you guys you trying to do for that game
Our go-to guy in Speed Freaks must not have been playing under a players plus handle because he won the game semi-nationally despite FrankC's valiant effort :)[/quote][/quote]

Nobody told me the rules. If they were announced, I must have been in the washroom and missed them. I assumed everyone was boycotting the game except for Cheese and me. Anyway Chesse won, but he was playing a guest under the handle of "Bargos".

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:58 am 
Centenarian

Thanks for all, most notably CHEESE, for putting on a great bash (is it really a bash? who cares?)

I could only make it one day, but we ruled on the day I made it, with a record of 40-7.

I also never thought I could ever score a gold on Playback (done it on BTT, LTT, LateShift, Six, Lexitopia and CD before without borging), but thanks to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame topic, I got lucky, and we put up an incredibly dominant score, besting our regional competition by 17,000+.

Whoever yelled out "Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame! Glad we have someone from Cleveland here!" certainly upgraded the pressure level, and there was no way I could have achieved my sick score without, as the Beatles once sang, "A little help from my friends."

Best to all, and thanks again for another great time ...

Now, Brother Tiefly, I understand McCafferty's on the river, walking distance from the Hotel Morgan, still has NTN.

Red Solo Cup, now fill it up, let's have a party!

(Make sure the Mountaineers are out of town this Fall)

-- Bigdog North

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Great time had and thanks to Cheese/Tolle & "all my friends"!

And to Zebra for driving my sick self home. Slept all the way home...except the gas/puke stop..then 18 hours more once home.

Time to go out and lower my bumpdrafted average back down to normal.

Thanks again to all & it was great seeing everyone.

BTW--Mitch, ya need to take that damn dog out for a walk once in a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The biggest upset was seeing TIEFLY on the national boards at 11:30pm instead of BOTFLY :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
The biggest upset was seeing TIEFLY on the national boards at 11:30pm instead of BOTFLY :shock: :lol:

BOTFLY got some early Sunday morning board time...alledgedly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
Great time had and thanks to Cheese/Tolle & "all my friends"!

And to Zebra for driving my sick self home. Slept all the way home...except the gas/puke stop..then 18 hours more once home.

Time to go out and lower my bumpdrafted average back down to normal.

Thanks again to all & it was great seeing everyone.

BTW--Mitch, ya need to take that damn dog out for a walk once in a while.

Well next year, I make sure when I go and charge the phones, I take Wolfy in n bring James back with.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BO wrote:
Were they any cutthroat games?

Now that I think about it we did have a cutthroat game of sorts in play on Saturday.
Glad to help you turn a profit, Tie.
At least you know a good investment when you see one... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
BO wrote:

Now that I think about it we did have a cutthroat game of sorts in play on Saturday.

Never bet against a monkey!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:07 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
spotes wrote:
BO wrote:

Never bet against a monkey!

<--egads... :roll: :lol:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next