New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Triviapalooza SIX... The final Triviapalooza???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
tiefly wrote:
At this point, it looks like I won't be making the trip, as I didn't get a room, nor did I secure a ride.

In addition, I have no idea where my phone is currently and it has all my contact numbers in it.

This kinda sucks for me, but it's probably a good thing for everyone else involved...unless somebody decides to rescue a nine-toed hillbilly...

...or I find my phone.

Pirates @ Reds, we'll send one of the Caravans down your way so you can hitch a ride :)

I'm NOT getting on the trike w/ the Parrot...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:47 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Looks like close to 60 players attending.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:46 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
chuckiebk wrote:
tiefly wrote:
At this point, it looks like I won't be making the trip, as I didn't get a room, nor did I secure a ride.

In addition, I have no idea where my phone is currently and it has all my contact numbers in it.

This kinda sucks for me, but it's probably a good thing for everyone else involved...unless somebody decides to rescue a nine-toed hillbilly...

...or I find my phone.

Like hell you're missing Triviapalooza.

Can you get to the bar we usually meet at on Thursday the 18th? If you can, here's the plan.

ZEBRA and SPEIGS will ride out from Winchester on Thursday afternoon around 2:00, 2:30 or so. Meanwhile, I'm going to leave from a job site in Harrisburg, PA around noon on Thursday. The plan was to meet up with you at the bar in Mo'Town to pick you up and continue upon our merry way.

You can do this plan.

Looks like this will work...as long as I don't get banned from Tanner's prior to meeting up.

Thanx, brudda!

TIEFLY, do you need any of the help I've offered by PM? Note that while I'm leaving a day early, so returning with ZEBRA and SPIEGS makes sense, I am arriving on Tuesday...we could use your help in Wednesday SIX! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:29 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bill, looks like we (JETS/ZEBRA/SPIEGS/me) will get there Thursday night. I could use the room you booked Thurs-Sat.

I very much appreciate the offer of a ride, but not sure I can afford--finacially or physically--5 days/nights of 'palooza...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:01 am 
Lotsa Posta

I have already arrived and will be roaming the area until Palooza time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:16 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
Bill, looks like we (JETS/ZEBRA/SPIEGS/me) will get there Thursday night. I could use the room you booked Thurs-Sat.

I very much appreciate the offer of a ride, but not sure I can afford--finacially or physically--5 days/nights of 'palooza...EGADS!!!

Thursday through Saturday or Thursday through Sunday, TIEFLY?

I'll miss the ride with you, but I celebrate your good taste in avoiding Sirius XM 125 for four hours from WV to Bargo's. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:
tiefly wrote:

I'll miss the ride with you, but I celebrate your good taste in avoiding Sirius XM 125 for four hours from WV to Bargo's. :lol: :lol:

Well. saturday night. I THINK we're heading back Sunday.

BTW--whatever you're listening to on the radio will be matched by SPIEGS endless playing of 80s-90s top 40...EGADS!!! JETS knows to put on the Dead channel and let me sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:27 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
WB TANAKA wrote:
tiefly wrote:

Well. saturday night. I THINK we're heading back Sunday.

BTW--whatever you're listening to on the radio will be matched by SPIEGS endless playing of 80s-90s top 40...EGADS!!! JETS knows to put on the Dead channel and let me sleep.

Sirius XM 125 is "Patriot," where Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity are probably their two most liberal talk show hosts. I balance that with Sirius Left, the Sports Channels during baseball season, Top Hits of the '60s through the 80's, and Raw Dog and Blue Collar Comedy...but I do listen to Patriot, too.

Your reservation is set for Thursday through Sunday morning, Brother Bob. Thanks for coming! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:44 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
I have already arrived and will be roaming the area until Palooza time.

Wish I would've seen this sooner. A group plays at Buffalo Wings and Rings in Monroe,Oh RIGHT NOW and early tomorrow afternoon there is a group at the BWW in the Bridgewater Falls shopping center in Hamilton.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:00 am 
Lotsa Posta

I'll try to make it. I found some entertaining things to do anyway and thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 pm 
Centenarian

I booked a 2-room suite at the LaQuinta months in advance.

The suite is non-smoking by my request (finally kicking moronic habit), and plenty of yummy beers from the 216, 440 and 330 will be accompanying me on the journey from C-town, but if you care to join, I request you BYOB and share and share alike (and not smoke). I'm sure wherever you hail from has some microbrews worth sampling, and I'll bring glassware.

Brudda Tiefly, if you can do without a smoke in the room, an Old Leghumper or two or three is/are awaiting you!

Also, growlers await to get yummy beers from the 513, including the delicious Mt. Carmel Stout, which can also be purchased in six-packs at Jungle Jim's and other fine retailers.

I'll be there Thursday, July 18. We have our work cut out for us that evening, as the excellent West Park Station team loves to "Beat The Bash." I'm leaving Sunday, July 21 to head back north from the river on the southwestern end to the lake on our northeastern end of our great state of Ohio, which is divided in culture, but united in enduring a moronic governor and legislature.

As Alicia Moore (Pink) sang, let's get this party started!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:59 am 
U > 100 * 2

I'm definitely looking forward to this event more than ever now. It's been the week from hell here and had an F1 tornado come through our town this past Wednesday afternoon. Luckily my house only sustained minimal damage and my generator carried the load until street power was restored about 30 hours later. Other people weren't so lucky. It blew windows out of buildings and downed many trees in town, crushing some cars and houses. Many people were without power much longer than 30 hours too. By the time I heard the sirens, I ran upstairs and got my brother (who was sleeping at the time because he works nights) and we headed to the basement. We no more than got down there and it sounded like a jet engine firing up outside the house. Check out the scene in the video of the corn field outside of town. Every stalk laid down. Just looked really creepy.

Here's a video about it from Fox 8 in Cleveland: A few scenes in this video were shot on the street I live on. I saw the news crew out there but with only having a face for radio, declined to go talk to them. LOL.

See you all friday afternoon!! And on a lighter note, I hope this isn't the last one of these this year! Some things should be kept going :-)

Cheers,
--Tony

http://fox8.com/2013/07/10/bellevue-hit-hard-by-storms/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:26 am 
Phosphorus

Sadly Donna Gibson (NICO/ZOOEYG) and I are not going to be making it to triviapalooza this year. Donna's car decided that now is good time for several thousands of dollars of repairs, so I decided that this week is a good time to buy a new car. So car shopping, hand control installation, and generally spending copious amounts of money we prefer not to spend have made our minds to sit this one out. I will miss seeing all of you guys and gals. Donna and I will "antibash" a bit, so look for us trying to keep up with you.

LUREED/NUREED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:19 am 

LUREED wrote:
Sadly Donna Gibson (NICO/ZOOEYG) and I are not going to be making it to triviapalooza this year. Donna's car decided that now is good time for several thousands of dollars of repairs, so I decided that this week is a good time to buy a new car. So car shopping, hand control installation, and generally spending copious amounts of money we prefer not to spend have made our minds to sit this one out. I will miss seeing all of you guys and gals. Donna and I will "antibash" a bit, so look for us trying to keep up with you.

LUREED/NUREED

Very sad you and Donna aren't going to make it. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

LUREED wrote:

LUREED/NUREED

:cry:

:idea:

Hey, I'm leaving now to come see you and play Buzztime tonight. If you can't make it to Triviapalooza, I'll make it to you. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:37 pm 
Centenarian

TIEFLY, I'm glad someone is picking yo ass up and bringing you to Ohio! Pallooza just would NOT be the same without you!

Looking forward to seeing everyone...it's been years since we've seen some of you. Too long, indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:14 pm 
Centenarian

LUREED wrote:

LUREED/NUREED

Well, this stinks. Who's going to fetch us the suitcase of White Castle cheeseburgers?!?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:40 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Sad news Lureed. Good luck with the car search.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:53 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

TOOTS wrote:
LUREED wrote:

LUREED/NUREED

Well, this stinks. Who's going to fetch us the suitcase of White Castle cheeseburgers?!?

I will make a White Castle run Saturday

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 pm 

TOOTS wrote:
LUREED wrote:

LUREED/NUREED

Better question...who's gonna drive TIEFLY back to the hotel if Donna's not there?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:13 am 
First Palindrome

FYI:
*may have posted already...
Thursday Topix: The Letter 'P'
Friday Topix: Sci-Fi Films
Friday Trendalicious: Supernatural Films
Playback: PARTNERS IN SONG/ BROTHERS GETTING DOWN IN SONG/ SOUL SISTERS IN SONG

**Study up Harry..... :D
***See all Thursday at Happy Hour.....
YANKEE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

TOOTS wrote:
TIEFLY, I'm glad someone is picking yo ass up and bringing you to Ohio! Pallooza just would NOT be the same without you!

Looking forward to seeing everyone...it's been years since we've seen some of you. Too long, indeed.

Careful what you wish for, sista!

BTW--saw the FB post about you purchasing certain plastic containers w/lids...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:17 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

YANKEE wrote:
Thursday Topix: The Letter 'P'

Hope PMAN is around for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:43 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

LUREED wrote:

LUREED/NUREED

Aw, turtle dung. I was looking forward to seeing you two again

(Not because of the sliders, I swear!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 pm 
Centenarian

tiefly wrote:
TOOTS wrote:

Careful what you wish for, sista!

BTW--saw the FB post about you purchasing certain plastic containers w/lids...EGADS!!!

The recipe has been perfected over the past few years. Just be sure to CHEW...we don't want any morning surprises like last time...right ChuckieBK?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next