New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Possible Meet-up Mid/Late April: Hillbillyville, WV
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

bigdog216 wrote:
BIGDOG from Cleveland may show, provided the Powers That Be in the workplace cut me some slack.

Just for one night, Sat. 4/13.

I love Hillbillyville! Had a blast in Morgantown!

Save a Playmaker for me.

Will do, brudda.

A whole lot less to do in B-port than Mo-town, but there is a Tudor's Biscuit World!

FWIW--Not sure if it will make much of a difference, but it looks like the rooms will be at the Microtel, which is closer (I made the walk there Saturday night...It's got more pavement than mud now), but doesn't have the pool for the late night swim party. But with mostly dudes showing up, I think I'd skip the swim party anyhow.

Again, this is NOT a bash or 'palooza event, just a weekend of y'all showing up and inflating my trivia average. If need be, I'll see if any extra PMs need to be ordered. I've been going through the chargers to make sure the PMs are holding charges/working. Will talk to management about contacting the BT rep to see if we can get some swag. I could use another BT hoodie, since someone stole mine when I was visiting another site.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:38 pm 
Centenarian

OK, brudda, I put in for some PTO, half a day Fri. 4/12 and that means I can be at B-dubs around 5:30 4/12, staying two nights in Wild and Wonderful. OH Turnpike to 79 gets me there in 3.5 hours.

Now, where did I put that damn cooler?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I was talking to management this weekend and SURPRISE--BT has a new area rep. Trying to get some swag shipped out for the weekend of the April 12th.

Tried to talk to the motel manager about number of rooms available, but he wasn't around. I'm GUESSING at a dozen rooms. If I'm way off, someone let me know.

It doesn't look like we will need extra PMs sent, at this point. There seems to be 40 or so working PMs. The site has the new goofy log-in setup that is being discussed in another thread.

If anyone is coming in on Thursday night, let me know.

Oh, pay no attention to the news story about the BWW being evacuated Friday night due to a girl running over the gas meters with her car. EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:49 pm 
Centenarian

tiefly wrote:
The dates given to me as options were April 12 or 19.

Taking suggestions as to which will work best for y'all.

Too bad we didn't check NHL Schedule for April 19..... :roll: coulda sold tickets for Botfly vs. Drunk Sakic barbs back and forth... :shock: :mrgreen: heavy favorite / smhaat money (for barbs) being on Botfly of course...egads!!!

[quote="tiefly"]

quote]

The Baahston crew is most likely heading south on Thursday morning....will try and let you know our ETA as soon as possible..
8-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

sakictgif wrote:
tiefly wrote:
The dates given to me as options were April 12 or 19.

Taking suggestions as to which will work best for y'all.

Too bad we didn't check NHL Schedule for April 19..... :roll: coulda sold tickets for Botfly vs. Drunk Sakic barbs back and forth... :shock: :mrgreen: heavy favorite / smhaat money (for barbs) being on Botfly of course...egads!!!

tiefly wrote:

quote]

The Baahston crew is most likely heading south on Thursday morning....will try and let you know our ETA as soon as possible..
8-)

Chose the 12th so the original SPIEGS can make it (as opposed to the SPIEGS of the Northeast). .

How many rooms do y'aaahh need? (I'll text in case you're off the site for a while).

I can be at BWW round 4:00 pm on Thursday.

BTW--Bruins played a great 55 minute game last night...Pens a great last 5 minutes...EGADS!!! :)
Pens @ B's Sunday 12:30 on NBC

Glad y'all are coming down, Matt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:46 pm 
Centenarian

Got the PTO, but can't make it.

Headed for PA for the two days to visit an old friend, two weeks my senior, who is on disability and has crippling arthritis. Not good times for him, but since I've known him since age 14, I'm headed out there to have a few beers and reminisce. BIGDOGs tend to be loyal, after all.

See y'all at 'palooza!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:43 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Y'all should be able to book rooms at the discounted rate at the Microtel now. Ask about the trivia event at the Bdubs next door or for the block that Dan, the assistant manager asked to be blocked off.

I've tried to catch up with the motel manager, but to no avail. However, in my role of non-gracious host, I'll try again after work today, just to make sure shit is getting done.

FWIW--I was told that 20 rooms were being reserved.

Also, if anyone needs to get in touch with me and doesn't already have my cell #, send me a PM here & I'll send it to y'all or call if ya leave your #.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

We have 5 rooms that have one bed & 15 rooms that have two.

All rooms are non-smoking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FUCK IT!!!

Just found out that the date given to me will AGAIN be on the night of the local high school's after prom, thus the bar will close at 10 Saturday night.

Keep in mind, the bar asked ME to get folks togather, not the other way around. AGAIN I was told that nothing would conflict with the date.

At least I found out BEFORE people arrived this time.

I'll ask a site in Morgantown that has a motel next door about moving it there.

This is why I said that I would never deal with something like this again. This will nail that door shut, for sure.

Anmyway, if anyone still wants to hangout for most of the weekend, I'll still be around, unless I can swing the Mo-town thing. I'll go up there tomorrow.

fuck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:03 pm 
Phosphorus

We could rock dresses and tuxedos and try and to blend in, maybe do the old "you mind if we dance with yo dates" thing as well. I am sure our maturity level matches that of your average WV high school students. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

LUREED wrote:
We could rock dresses and tuxedos and try and to blend in, maybe do the old "you mind if we dance with yo dates" thing as well. I am sure our maturity level matches that of your average WV high school students. :twisted:

Well. that's one idea.

How about we just meet at the new BWW in Morgantown that has a private room and a Hilton Inn next door?

In fact, I'm here right now...EGADS!!!

Spoke with the GMs and they ar all for hosting us. Negotiating a deal to block off 15 rooms. It will be about $100 a night, but the place is much nicer (and bigger) than the Microtel...and closer.

There are many shops and restaurants all in walking distance (it's in a plaza), plus another BT location less than a mile away, Keglers.

The provate room is an enclosed patio with a big window that looks into the bar area, so you can order drinks or food without leaving the room, with plenty of TVs in there.

It takes about 35 minutes from Bridgeport to get to Mo-town. For some, that means a little more of a drive; for others, a little less of a drive.

Motown has decent taxi service if anyone would want to hit a couple more BT sites.

Side note: Just put up a 6K+ LTT game & the rankings had me at 586?! It's 11:30...Zebra jsut texted, no score at his site. Glitch somewhere.

If this changes anyones mind, thats ok. At least we won't be kicked out at 10:00 on a Saturday by KATB (kids at the bar)!

EDIT: Thre are 35 PMs & management is willing to get more, if necessary. Also, he put a call into the local rep re: swag...I need a new hoodie!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:02 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

New location doesn't change my plans.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
New location doesn't change my plans.

Glad to hear that & see you next weekend. Start of my spring break.

EDIT: Will know room prices on Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:53 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
How about we just meet at the new BWW in Morgantown that has a private room and a Hilton Inn next door?

In fact, I'm here right now...EGADS!!!

Spoke with the GMs and they ar all for hosting us. Negotiating a deal to block off 15 rooms. It will be about $100 a night, but the place is much nicer (and bigger) than the Microtel...and closer.

The private room is an enclosed patio with a big window that looks into the bar area, so you can order drinks or food without leaving the room, with plenty of TVs in there.

It takes about 35 minutes from Bridgeport to get to Mo-town. For some, that means a little more of a drive; for others, a little less of a drive.

Motown has decent taxi service if anyone would want to hit a couple more BT sites.

If this changes anyones mind, thats ok.

This may change my mind. Thanks for writing in advance that it's OK. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:08 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I was 99% sure I was coming. This place sounds fine. I plan to attend.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

ranger wrote:
I was 99% sure I was coming. This place sounds fine. I plan to attend.

You'll like it, Charles. When I first saw the set-up, I thought it would be perfect for something like this. Glad you're heading to Hillbillyville again. It should be fun.

BTW--In a PM, Bill mentioned getting his room pretty cheap using military discount. You may want to try this.

Also, BIGDOG from Clevelnad may be stopping in on Saturday. via PM.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:58 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well, I might. Though my service ended over 40 years ago!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:42 am 

I booked a room last night and it was $129 a night. $116 if you pre-paid. I just don't like pre paying in case things change. I'll call later tonight to see if the trivia discount is in effect. Either way I'll still be showing up.

I don't know when I'll get there. Stopping in Winchester to pick up SPIEGS. I want to leave early but he may not be able to because of his new(ish) job. I'll let you know when I find out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Zebra wrote:
I booked a room last night and it was $129 a night. $116 if you pre-paid. I just don't like pre paying in case things change. I'll call later tonight to see if the trivia discount is in effect. Either way I'll still be showing up.

I don't know when I'll get there. Stopping in Winchester to pick up SPIEGS. I want to leave early but he may not be able to because of his new(ish) job. I'll let you know when I find out.

The GM @ the site, HR, is talking today to the hotel's customer service person about the rate.

I'll find out something today or tomorrow & let y'all know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Y'all can book rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn, Morgantown now. Mention the Trivia/BWW event for April 12th weekend.

They aren't going to hold the rooms all the way up to the date, show y'all should book soon. I'm not sure of the rate because I lost the signal going through a holler & when I called back, Easy E had already left.

Guess I'll find out when I book later.

As mentioned before, try military discounts, government discounts, AAA...any may be cheaper, I don't know. I'm going with State employee discount & see which rate is lowest.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:34 pm 
Centenarian

tiefly wrote:
Y'all can book rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn, Morgantown now. Mention the Trivia/BWW event for April 12th weekend.

They aren't going to hold the rooms all the way up to the date, show y'all should book soon. I'm not sure of the rate because I lost the signal going through a holler & when I called back, Easy E had already left.

Guess I'll find out when I book later.

As mentioned before, try military discounts, government discounts, AAA...any may be cheaper, I don't know. I'm going with State employee discount & see which rate is lowest.

Got outta work a lil' early, and just tried to book my room - mentioning the trivia/BDubs event. After being on hold for a minute or two, was told the "paperwork was not finished on that yet"...and I should try back at a later date.... :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bob, I will not be able to make it. Other obligations have yurned up. I hope to see you in Ohio.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The Hilton Garden Inn is holding discounted rooms through THIS Friday.

Should be a good time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:41 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

FrankC wrote:
Bob, I will not be able to make it. Other obligations have yurned up. I hope to see you in Ohio.

I hope she is someone you have been yurning for, Frank !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

scar wrote:
FrankC wrote:

I hope she is someone you have been yurning for, Frank !

Is that the Hillbyville spelling ?