New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Buzztime Bar Crawl - Austin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 pm 
Babylon

HI, I am looking at setting up a bar crawl in Austin in April or May. Would anyone be interested. Looking at renting a party bus to meet at first location then to take us to 3-4 other bars then back again to first bar. (need bus bc most of us will be drinking) Depending on interest looking at approx $35 pp. I am wanting to pick a charity that some of this money goes to . Wanting to get bars participating to offer BT specials (happy hour prices) bc this most likely will be on a Saturday/Sunday. Any one interested in this if I plan it?

Post subject: Re: Buzztime Bar Crawl - Austin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Who are you? Because I would sure want to plan on meeting up with some random person who hasn't even introduced themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:16 pm 
Babylon

Hi! I am the BT rep in this area. Just trying to see what you all want to do as far as competitions, etc in this area. Any suggestions please shout out. Thanks and look forward in meeting you all (in Austin/San Antonio) in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:18 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Hey if there is a BT rep in Atlanta tell him to join this forum. I'd love to have some input and having someone willing to try to drum up some BT interest.

Good luck.

Scar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:54 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Possibly, if I can figure out the Houston-Austin logistics, and I'll see if any other Houston players would also be interested. Lately COOGS and I have been battling Shooters after the prime-time lineup, so I'd be particularly interested in meeting those folks whether as part of the crawl or as a side trip. And with enough advance notice so he can get the time off work, COOGS might be able to come too.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:03 pm 
Babylon

Thanks Brooke, yes I know Shooters has been up there recently (go Austin). I work with the rep in Houston on a lot of things. I am really wanting to know if players wouldn't mind chipping in for a bus to travel to bar to bar. I would set up through paypal or something like that all the cost would go directly to the bus costs unless we wanted to pick a charity to donate too. (Austin has plenty of them). I can't pay for that :(, but I don't want people drinking and driving. Any other ideas would be great as I handle most of Texas but Houston. I do work with NM and OK.

Just want to make my territory more fun for all of you :D

Scar - if you can get ahold of BOD/Shenanigans - he has my email address. I can pass on info about Atlanta too...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tell Buzztime to get rid of the stupid split and that would be more fun for all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm 
Himself Fodder

ohyou110 wrote:
I do work with NM and OK.

Does that mean you have the DFW area as well? Although it would be kinda odd if the rep for the metro area with the most sites in the U.S. didn't actually live there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ohyou110 wrote:
Thanks Brooke, yes I know Shooters has been up there recently (go Austin). I work with the rep in Houston on a lot of things. I am really wanting to know if players wouldn't mind chipping in for a bus to travel to bar to bar. I would set up through paypal or something like that all the cost would go directly to the bus costs unless we wanted to pick a charity to donate too. (Austin has plenty of them). I can't pay for that :(, but I don't want people drinking and driving. Any other ideas would be great as I handle most of Texas but Houston. I do work with NM and OK.

Just want to make my territory more fun for all of you :D

Scar - if you can get ahold of BOD/Shenanigans - he has my email address. I can pass on info about Atlanta too...

Welcome OhYou, to the boards, very nice to see a BT rep on here. The reps could really get a lot done by having a presence on here, great that you are making an effort. Wish the other reps would do the same.

Now for the bad news...I don't think there is anyone from Austin on here. Maybe 1 or 2 from San Antonio but not Austin. Brooke and Bo would know.

If you were in the Maryland/Virginia area we could get 20+ takers easy for a BT bus bar crawl. Cool idea.....pass it along to whoever has the Mid Atlantic. (I haven't seen a rep around here since the late 90s)

Keep on working it in TX and on Scar.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Now for the bad news...I don't think there is anyone from Austin on here. Maybe 1 or 2 from San Antonio but not Austin. Brooke and Bo would know.

Thas was my concern as well, although perhaps reps have access to player email addresses for local sites either directly or through whoever sends out the BT emails about local tournaments. So I posted on Nate/LOBO's FB page--haven't heard anything back yet. I also need to confirm that Patrick/ROCK still lives in the area, then I'll let him know about it. These are both former Houston players who migrated to Austin--I don't know any Austin player. The only other person I know in the greater area is Mike/MERLIN, who used to be an NTN rep himself; he lives in San Antonio.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:06 pm 
Babylon

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have told this site to a few of my friends that do what I do only in different states.