Would you attend a Louisville get-together the first weekend in November
Yes, I'm definitely there 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Maybe....we'll see 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Nope, not me 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: Re: polling for Louisville mini bash
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:00 pm 
Lotsa Posta

From information on another thread, Mellow Mushroom probably won't have Buzztime come November. Also, based on reliable information, 30Red probably won't have it either. If they do, it won't be a very good place for a gathering. The owner is trying to be everything for everyone, with live band, kareoke, corn hole, and sports on TV. Considering the fact that November is prime college football season, Buzztime will get squeezed out.

Bungalow Joe's will have it, but they have an issue with boxes dying. We can make a road trip to play a few games there, but it won't be good for a bash. It's looking more and more that OC Springhurst will have to be the gathering place.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:02 pm 
Centenarian

I would be a maybe for this. I had considered going to Bargo's this year but decided not to. Maybe next year for that too :lol:
I have only been to Louisville a couple times even though I live in Kentucky. I go to Lexington a lot. But it would be nice to see the Louisville players and play some trivia.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

googie wrote:
I would be a maybe for this. I had considered going to Bargo's this year but decided not to. Maybe next year for that too :lol:
I have only been to Louisville a couple times even though I live in Kentucky. I go to Lexington a lot. But it would be nice to see the Louisville players and play some trivia.

For the first time next year, Triviapalooza will be outta the state of OH-I-O and goes to near Baltimore, MD. I believe JETS will do a fine job running it there. Due to expenses, I will not go there....Hopefully Triviapalooza will be back to Bargos in 2015.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 am 
Lord of Scaratings

If this gets pulled together, I'll try to make it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 pm 
Lotsa Posta

As of right now, things are still a "go" for a Louisville Mini-bash the first weekend of November. A reliable informant has told me that 30Red will have trivia by the end of the month. However, we will still hold central camp at Old Chicago Springhurst.

If there is anyone in the Louisville area (Cards?) who would like to do minimal work to help out, I would appreciate it. I need to visit OC to talk to management and ensure that they have a good supply of WORKING boxes, so as to not upset out-of-towner's. I also need a list of people who will be here, and will try to co-ordinate with a near-by hotel for rates. If anyone wants to meet at OC to discuss things, let me know.

If you are going to be here from out of town, post here. No commitment, just need a possible head-count. Also, if you are coming in from out of state, a personal favor. I am saving Kentucky state quarters, and would be happy to buy them from you. My rate is one bottle of domestic beer for every four KY state quarters.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:07 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
As of right now, things are still a "go" for a Louisville Mini-bash the first weekend of November. A reliable informant has told me that 30Red will have trivia by the end of the month. However, we will still hold central camp at Old Chicago Springhurst.

If there is anyone in the Louisville area (Cards?) who would like to do minimal work to help out, I would appreciate it. I need to visit OC to talk to management and ensure that they have a good supply of WORKING boxes, so as to not upset out-of-towner's. I also need a list of people who will be here, and will try to co-ordinate with a near-by hotel for rates. If anyone wants to meet at OC to discuss things, let me know.

If you are going to be here from out of town, post here. No commitment, just need a possible head-count. Also, if you are coming in from out of state, a personal favor. I am saving Kentucky state quarters, and would be happy to buy them from you. My rate is one bottle of domestic beer for every four KY state quarters.

I am from out of town....

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:41 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'm hoping to come too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:02 am 
Lotsa Posta

Due to personal reasons, I can no longer recommend Old Chicago as a place to play trivia. While it remains a good restaurant with nice food and okay beer, I don't feel that it is a prime spot for playing Buzztime.

If you would like to visit Louisville, be it the first weekend in November or ANY other time, please let me know. You are welcome to send a personal message to me. I will do what I can to take a day off work and drive you to several Buzztime spots, and other locations in Louisville that trivia/tourist lovers would enjoy visiting. With advance notice, I will contact several Louisville Buzztime regulars and see if they are available to join us.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:45 pm 

<sigh, canceling ticket from DAY to SDF>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:14 pm 
Lotsa Posta

FOG wrote:
<sigh, canceling ticket from DAY to SDF>

Honestly, there is no need to do so. Again, if anyone wants to visit Louisville, I would be more than happy to pick them up at the airport and provide the best hospitality that I can. I can drive anyone to any/all Buzztime sites, tourist traps, and other places as requested. Just need some advance notice to make arrangements at work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:13 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
Due to personal reasons, I can no longer recommend Old Chicago as a place to play trivia. While it remains a good restaurant with nice food and okay beer, I don't feel that it is a prime spot for playing Buzztime.

If you would like to visit Louisville, be it the first weekend in November or ANY other time, please let me know. You are welcome to send a personal message to me. I will do what I can to take a day off work and drive you to several Buzztime spots, and other locations in Louisville that trivia/tourist lovers would enjoy visiting. With advance notice, I will contact several Louisville Buzztime regulars and see if they are available to join us.

Thanks

I think that I'll be by some other time, then. I don't see an alternative site for a mini-bash, although I respect your hesitance to use Old Chicago as a hub given your observations.

Thanks for the invite: I promise that I'll drop by.