New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Posssible WV meet-up
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

My best friend, Jim Stallings/DAWG, recently had a tumerous mass removed from his brain at UMPC. This saved his life. No local hospitals would attempt the surgery (they told him he was stage 4).

Saturday, Jim and I played trivia at Tanner's Tavern!

Jim is a radio personality, but will be out of full time employment while he recovers from the operation (he has trouble recalling words and recognizing written words--just a "slight" issue when playing trivia--but this should get better over time).

I'm thinking about hosting a trivia event in Morgantown, where Jim is well-known for his talk show. Jim takes part in Morgantown's live trivia, so I hope to get some of those folks, also. This will take place sometime this spring. I'm thinking sometime in April, after the NCAA tourny. Morgantown has 6 BT sites for those who want to expand their trivia site count and three local breweries for those wanting new beer experiences in the area.

Donations will be taken to help w/ Jim's medical costs. I've not settled on venue, but the new BWW has the most Playmakers. I'm also seeing if I can get some vans/bus to donate some time to hit all the sites.

This isn't a bash or palooza or wvbto or anything like that, just a weekend of trivia for folks who may want to get rid of their cabin fever, drink some good beers, and add to their site counts, while helping out for a good cause.

If anyone wants more details, PM me or reply to this thread. I'll add stuff when I know more.

I'm also working on a musical fundraiser featuring some of WV's best bands if anyone wants to see/hear some good music while getting some trivia in.

Post subject: Re: Posssible WV meet-up
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:34 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'd certainly be interested. Doing something for your friend is a really nice idea.

Post subject: Re: Posssible WV meet-up
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:06 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I will certainly try to make anything you have. Weekends are tough for me now though