New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Triviapalooza 8
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:04 am 
Centenarian

kaufman wrote:
FWIW, Bargos averaged in the 58s for Spotlight, but the ranking display was fubar, so no idea where we placed.

I won overall with 62,440 and I'm pretty sure Walsh's finished first with an average just below 61,500.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:24 am 
Himself Fodder

SPOTES wins Spotlight at Palooza? Now that's funny!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Since Rockin Crepes beat Bargos, that fuels buzztime's argument that Spotlight starts too late on the East coast & it's past their bedtime :P ;)

Although, if Botfly was in operation at that time, they might have a point :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
SPOTES wins Spotlight at Palooza? Now that's funny!

And that's when I knew we were in trouble...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:19 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

VAPID beat me to it on Facebook, but I'd like to express my thanks to CHEESE, GMEBRK, INATIF, TOLLE, and whoever else, for another kickass Triviapalooza. Plunge it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:46 am 
Nonagenarian

Had a great time at my first Trivia Palooza! Thanks to all the hosts and it was wonderful meeting several new players! Will definitely keep an eye out and look forward to future events.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanx to Jeff and Dave for another great 'palooza! Nice meeting some new folks and seeing people I only see once a year (I'm sure they like it that way).

Not sure if anyone else posted this anywhere, but the BT reps had surveys and talked to long time players about how to make the games better, games themselves, and content. They pimped the new games on the tablets some, also. I saw her taking notes when speaking w/SPOTES, but maybe that was just his phone number/room number.

As usual, my aloof manner and boorish behavior excluded me from the "inner circle" but I'm sure Harry or Tif or Duff or any of the others who spent time talking w/ the rep can tell what they talked about. I did hear some talk about how the sports game is just a read of the weekends sports section and the need to change that.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone involved in putting together an enjoyable weekend, to Dan for splitting the room (Next time, I'll bring my pennies and nickles) and especially to Rick for the drive to and from Cincy. And to Patti & brother Paul for helping me slip out and play at a new site Saturday morning...put up 'palooza's first lost of the day...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:08 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Where to begin...

Thanks to Jeff, Patti, Dave, and The Crew at Bargos (Joe, Sheron, JT, Chris, Mindy, Clarissa, JJ, Kelly, Becca, Emily and Brandy) for making TriviaPalooza 8 the best yet. It was great to meet Jamie Hilton (I hope you can read your notes from the suggestions that Spotes, myself and others made to improve Buzztime) and Brian - the Buzztime rep from the state of Ohio.

It is hard to believe that our "family" has grown to the size it has. The conversations and hijinx of the weekend made it fun - (Thanks Wally for introducing us to Katie). I enjoyed every minute of it. The Karoke was excellent - loved the two topix games that were written (forgot about the cake and the missing of the sisters wedding). It was nice to put faces to screen names and to hear some of the wild and crazy stories of the past. I think we need to get a hold of bad bart and update the terminology for players (Plunge It, Date Rate Round...)

I look forward to seeing my family again next year.

Tiffany AKA INATIF

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'd like to add my thanks to CHEESE, GMEBRK and TOLLE for yet another fun-filled weekend of trivia tomfoolery.
How you guys deal with all that cat herding is beyond my understanding.
But I'm grateful that you do... :mrgreen:

I'd also like to formally apologize to BT's Jamie Hilton for talking her ear off for the hour or so that we sat together on Friday afternoon.
The poor lady sits down for lunch and some peaceful trivia and I end up giving her homework...

I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that she agreed that BT would eliminate all Canadian content by next week... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:14 am 
King or Queen Postalot

spotes wrote:
I'd like to add my thanks to CHEESE, GMEBRK and TOLLE for yet another fun-filled weekend of trivia tomfoolery.
How you guys deal with all that cat herding is beyond my understanding.
But I'm grateful that you do... :mrgreen:

I'd also like to formally apologize to BT's Jamie Hilton for talking her ear off for the hour or so that we sat together on Friday afternoon.
The poor lady sits down for lunch and some peaceful trivia and I end up giving her homework...

I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that she agreed that BT would eliminate all Canadian content by next week... :mrgreen:

Until I slipped her a Borden when you weren't looking :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'd like to add my thanks to the 'palooza crew for a wonderful weekend. I also talked to Jamie and found her engaging. I'm even cautiously optimistic that we may have leadership at BT that listens to players.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:24 pm 
Himself Fodder

Jamie has always always always listened to players. But only so many BT employees can help enact changes.

I probably should have warned her about spotes though....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:04 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Being a left coast player, and that I barely ever get out of town, I have my doubts that I will ever be able to make a Palooza in the foreseeable future. That being said, I would still like to thank Jamie and the Buzztime crew for putting an end to the split on the behalf of Team Nacho Mamas. Maybe someday we can have a Westcoastplooza? 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:58 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I did mention having a west coast 'Palooza once and didn't get a lot of interest. At that time, Danny K's offered to host it if we could put it together.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:52 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
I did mention having a west coast 'Palooza once and didn't get a lot of interest. At that time, Danny K's offered to host it if we could put it together.

It would probably have to be a Cali site. Most of the AZ locations I know of dropped down to 10 boxes when they were forced to switch to tablets due to the cost, except maybe some BWW locatons and Nacho Mamas which have 20. Any ideas how many Danny K's has?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Buzztime has always provided plenty of extra boxes for bashes, about 60 or so.
No need to rule any bars out for low box counts. But can BT provide that number of tablets if an event is held at a tablet bar? The 2.0 tablets now seem to be scarce. We've been waiting months for replacements.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:42 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Danny K's has 15 down from 25 before the split occurred. Another thing in their favor is that the signal is strong anywhere as they have signal repeaters installed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5