Post subject: Re: Triviapalooza X
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:57 am 
Babylon

I'll be there

CLIPPR

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:06 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hey  everyone, I am here to let ya know that I am not coming this year after all... Lots of things happened...good and bad... mainly its money that I had to use for something else.... and that I am not able to get the room reserved in timely fashion.... I hope that I am able to make next years event.... hope everyone have fun there...

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:33 pm 

I just bought my plane tickets to Dallas.

JohnL (Gopher)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:09 pm 

Hi All:

Apologies for the infrequent updates, but work and getting word back from BoomerJacks, along with Buzztime negotiations, prevented me from giving you solid information...UNTIL NOW!

BOOMERJACKS - They are set and ready for us. We have a reserved area for us that has plenty of room; I'll post pics of the room on the Triviapalooza FB page (https://www.facebook.com/trivia.palooza.7). Nate is the GM of the restaurant and Shea (female) is his assistant. Either one of them will be onsite all weekend for us. Boxes will be shipped and available starting Tuesday of that week. Food specials: They have appetizer specials for $5 that are usually after 10pm, but they will do them for us the whole weekend. They can't do drink specials, but domestic pints are $2.50; tall ones are $3.50; Fireball shots are $3.00, and they have other posted drink prices on their website (http://boomerjacks.com/specials). We will have at least 10-12 TVs for us in the reserved area.

TSHIRTS - T-shirts, both mens and womens, will be available for purchase for $20 per shirt. Any monies above my cost to make the shirts will be donated to charity; haven't decided on the charity yet, but will update this when I do.

MUSIC - Yes, we will do the world-famous Jeff Merrill Music Trivia Game on Saturday afternoon. I will also have the set up to do karaoke Saturday evening after Playback.

HOTEL - Hopefully you got the discounted rate. If not, call the hotel and ask nicely :)

BUZZTIME - My advertising firm is finalizing a one-page ad for Triviapalooza to be sent to BT for them to put up across the network so watch for that. I am hoping to be able to get swag from them, but no commitment on that yet. I'll keep you updated.

I will be onsite late on Thursday, and looking forward to seeing all of my old friends and making new ones.

Any questions, reach out to me here, or email me at triviapaloozatexas@gmail.com

Thanks!
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:13 am 

Ad for the upcoming Triviapalooza Texas...

Attachments:
Triviapalooza Texas One Page Ad.jpg
Triviapalooza Texas One Page Ad.jpg [ 245.98 KiB | Viewed 1412 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. As is customary for this event, players from around Southern California will be gathering at Danny K's to give Triviapalooza just a lil competition. :)

Am wondering if the Triviapalooza attendees are prepared for what will likely be a most unpleasant surprise Saturday when Movie Night Trivia and Pop Culture Trivia rear their ugly heads. From the game play records this past Saturday, someone was banging away at Movie Night Trivia at 4, 6:30 & 7, and Pop Culture Trivia at 3:45, 6:15 & 6:45. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:56 pm 

Hi all. I've spoken to the Sales Director at the hotel. First off, to clear up any confusion..
1. The shuttle from BoomerJacks to and from the hotel is FREE.
2. The shuttle is NOT for going back and forth to other locations, such as Walmart or to the airport.

The schedule for the shuttle to and from Boomerjacks is as follows: Shuttle leaves Boomerjacks 10 min after arrival to head back to hotel; please be ready to board. Otherwise, you can walk the 1/2 mile back to the hotel (well lit sidewalks the whole way) or call a taxi / Uber, or make a new friend.
THURS NIGHT: Lv Hotel: 5:45 pm, Ar BJacks 6:00 pm
Lv Hotel: 10:15 pm, Ar BJacks 10:30 pm
FRIDAY AND : Lv Hotel: 10:45 am, Ar BJacks 11:00 am
SATURDAY: Lv Hotel: 1:45 pm, Ar Bjacks 2:00 pm
Lv Hotel: 4:45 pm, Ar Bjacks 5:00 pm
Lv Hotel: 9:45 pm, Ar Bjacks 10:00 pm

According to Debbie, we have well over 30 rooms booked, and reports have it that it is sold out at this time.

One more week....looking forward to seeing all of you!

Thanks!
Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pm 
The Loneliest Number

I at the last moment. before the cost of a flight to Dallas doubled, said screw it and I will be there! Look forward to seeing you Friday afternoon..

DGYSTL - Dayton Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:35 am 
Centenarian

I'm a late add too!
I just confirmed that I am free this weekend and I'll be heading to Triviapalooza tomorrow.
GRIFF
Time Out Sports Bar & Grill
St. Louis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Alright guys, you can stop with the perfectos and give us bars with 14980s a shot. How many 2nds was that???

So, it looks like BO has made a showing, we need pictures with or without his pet sheep.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

^Guess the alcohol effects finally kicked in since they only had 14100+ last game :lol:

But still a winning effort

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 am 
Himself Fodder

poman wrote:
^Guess the alcohol effects finally kicked in since they only had 14100+ last game :lol:

But still a winning effort

I left after Spotlight, no way I would be associated with missing a question in CD. That would never have happened at a bash. :D :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Hope all that played on Saturday thoroughly enjoyed the game and schedule changes leading into Playback. :roll:

This lil old grump asks that all of those that are on Facebook and/or Twitter let Buzztime know that these games were not welcome and were not enjoyable. Further, that the Saturday schedule be changed to what it was before - Countdown.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!