New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Triviapalooza III
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:59 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

teverett wrote:
And what kind of shirt design would that entail Dave - a person falling off a bar stool or what???

No shirts next year... just Daffy Duck bibs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:04 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
lewser wrote:
I guess you must have been the only bar in the country that this could have happened, right? This is what gets me about all these get-togethers you always have some person, say, "Oh, yeah, well we were drunk!" Like nobody else was.

41-6 is pretty damn solid, but 0-fer in the big games, that has got to sting. :mrgreen:. Yall did win SIX, so it wasn't a complete wash. I would say that Playback against Fletcher's is also very difficult to beat no matter who shows up, I would say the same back when VISHNU still played Spotlight.

I was also glad to see that Paddy McGoogles didn't make the top of the list the whole weekend.

I am glad everyone had fun, it sounds like everyone had fun.

Kissass. You're just being nice because you want the sign. :D

BO

Someone named DeathStar is the leading bidder on E-Bay.

I'm pretty sure that the only drinker at Danny K's is some guy called LilStroh's, I've never seen Bobby or or Barbie even take a sip of alcohol!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the only drinker at Danny K's is some guy called LilStroh's, I've never seen Bobby or or Barbie even take a sip of alcohol!

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
Someone named DeathStar is the leading bidder on E-Bay.

That is not me. Is it really on E-Bay?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 pm 
Centenarian

teverett wrote:
Tolle wrote:

Hmmm... Triviapalooza IV - "We Get Drunker Than You Do!"

And what kind of shirt design would that entail Dave - a person falling off a bar stool or what???[/quote]

Well, I guess it's time to step up and claim the silver medal for that one...
:oops: But I would say my night got progressively better - and I don't mean 4 trivia... :) :mrgreen: P.S Much thanks to Jeff, Patti,etc. - and especially Mr. Tolle 4 once again putting up with me...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 am 

Tolle wrote:
lewser wrote:
I guess you must have been the only bar in the country that this could have happened, right? This is what gets me about all these get-togethers you always have some person, say, "Oh, yeah, well we were drunk!" Like nobody else was.
Quote:

Hmmm... Triviapalooza IV - "We Get Drunker Than You Do!"

Remember TOLLE; the picture for next year has to be a Thalidomide baby wearing a turban kicking a soccer ball...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:50 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Chuck, would that baby be wearing a Hawaiian shirt? If so - sold!

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:43 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
teverett wrote:
And what kind of shirt design would that entail Dave - a person falling off a bar stool or what???

No shirts next year... just Daffy Duck bibs.

EGADS!!!

Poor ol' Duck!

Anyway, had a great time & I hate all of y'all!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:54 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Many thanks go out to CHEESE for his excellent work this year. He was vastly superior than the boob that ran the show last year. Patti did another fine job with the tags and was very helpful in many other aspects. There were also several other of the regular Bargo crowd that helped out (TRIPOD and BAMA in particular) to make it a very good weekend.

Next year is far away, but I'll talk to CHEESE over the next few months and we'll decide if we want to do it again at Bargo's next year.

I don't know if we'll do t-shirts again, as many went unsold and we were lucky if we broke even on them. Thanks to everyone who did purchase a shirt or donated through the 50/50 drawings and the jello shots. I wish I would've done a better job of recruiting players... BRANDYB & CLAVIN beat us in Spotlight and VISHNU & CRAIG beat us in Playback, they were all there last year and although they have other great players at the sites they played this year, they certainly would've helped our cause here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:20 pm 
Lightning II

I'm pretty sure that the only drinker at Danny K's is some guy called LilStroh's, I've never seen Bobby or or Barbie even take a sip of alcohol![/quote]

Dave, you're right! I prefer big gulps. Does the job faster so I can put up with you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 am 
Lightning II

Tolle wrote:
Many thanks go out to CHEESE for his excellent work this year. He was vastly superior than the boob that ran the show last year. Patti did another fine job with the tags and was very helpful in many other aspects. There were also several other of the regular Bargo crowd that helped out (TRIPOD and BAMA in particular) to make it a very good weekend.

Next year is far away, but I'll talk to CHEESE over the next few months and we'll decide if we want to do it again at Bargo's next year.

I don't know if we'll do t-shirts again, as many went unsold and we were lucky if we broke even on them. Thanks to everyone who did purchase a shirt or donated through the 50/50 drawings and the jello shots. I wish I would've done a better job of recruiting players... BRANDYB & CLAVIN beat us in Spotlight and VISHNU & CRAIG beat us in Playback, they were all there last year and although they have other great players at the sites they played this year, they certainly would've helped our cause here!
I'm still interested in getting a shirt, sorry I missed this year. I had just started a new job and couldn't get out of town in time.

Putting the F U in fun since 1999!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Prozac wrote:
Tolle wrote:

I'm still interested in getting a shirt, sorry I missed this year. I had just started a new job and couldn't get out of town in time.

I've got your shirt, Ryan. I'll get it to you the next time we cross paths.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:54 pm 
Lucky Member

Hello everyone. This is my formal apology to those who were at Bargo's this year. For those of you who were offended, or otherwise put off by what happened, you have my deepest, and most sincere apology. To those who amused, and/or bemused by this, thank you for not heaping on more than I deserved on my "ahem" accident. And a humble thank you for those who took the time on Saturday to ask about my well being. And last, but certainly not least, a most gracious thank you to the young lady who graced me with the hug on Friday morning. I will not besmirch your good name by having it bandied about with mine, but I don't think I'll be ever to tell you how much that meant to me. Those are few and far between in my life, and I treasure that moment as the highlight of an otherwise abysmal weekend. I raise a glass to you whenever I see you on the leaderboard. Thank you all for your time, Terry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5