New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Triviapalooza III
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:54 pm 
Joke Throw

Um, ..How can I put this?...Without going into great detail, I will not be attending this years Triviapalooza. Late changes of plans made. Sorry...have fun..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:42 am 
Centenarian

vapid wrote:
Um, ..How can I put this?...Without going into great detail, I will not be attending this years Triviapalooza. Late changes of plans made. Sorry...have fun..

WHAT??!?!?!? Eff you! That's the only reason I'm driving 10 freakin' hours! I'm not going now either. Thanks for ruining my weekend! :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:11 pm 
Joke Throw

TOOTS wrote:
vapid wrote:

WHAT??!?!?!? Eff you! That's the only reason I'm driving 10 freakin' hours! I'm not going now either. Thanks for ruining my weekend! :evil:

Look here, Toots....People will start talking :?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:10 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

So far, best get together ever... I think it is because it is Toot's free.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:36 am 
Centenarian

Tolle wrote:

This message highly endorsed by the hotel lobby staff. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 am 
Centenarian

sakictgif wrote:
Tolle wrote:

This message highly endorsed by the hotel lobby staff. :)

Yah and I bet that hotel lobby is not nearly as festive without me in it! err, napping on the floor, handing out jello night caps! Making sure TIEFLY doesn't fall over...oh wait that was GOBLUE. :lol: MISS YA'LL!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 pm 
Centenarian

Tolle sent me this picture.

Attachments:
Sign.jpg
Sign.jpg [ 37.55 KiB | Viewed 1466 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:43 pm 
Centenarian

All right:

Which one of you yahoos killed the wandering cow on I-275 last night?

Fess up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:45 pm 
Himself Fodder

Brandyb wrote:

Oh. My. Gosh. That's hilarious.

I can feel the (insert emotion here) from here.

Admittedly, a good start from the gathering group last night.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:25 pm 
Well, Schmidt!

Brandyb wrote:

That is freaking hilarious!!! :lol:

Should be a slogan on all t-shirts that are made up for the get togethers!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:38 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Just finished the night (before they ran us out) with a bar perfecto... take that Hawaii!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:57 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

wonk wrote:
All right:

Which one of you yahoos killed the wandering cow on I-275 last night?

Fess up.

Spiegs wasn't walking with a limp, so I guess he was able to avoid traffic.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hells bells, did everyone there get so sloshed that no one could say anything about Friday? Image

From what lil I remember, Concert Pub took Spotlight. They also took the earlier 4:30 Pacific BT game. Image

And, just a lil behind them, was this lil old grumpy bastard and his increasingly decrepit, fragile lil mind, also besting the assembled multitude at FBRGOS, banging away by his lonesome at East Village Tavern & Bowl. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I really enjoyed watching the "not a bash" and anti-bash locations going head-to-head tonight....that was quite a battle all night long! I think when I first arrived in my bar, each of the two locations put up a bar average of 10000 in buzztime and 15000 in Countdown in back-to-back games. Nice going to all involved!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:46 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

For what it's worth... Saturday - 1st place 41 times, not 1st 6 times, 1 game the ratings didn't show (about 1:45am) I assume we won that one, but can't say for sure. Two of the first places were perfect game ties with another bar. Fletcher's kicked everyone's ass in playback (must be a new location, I've NEVER seen them rank in playback before).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:32 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
For what it's worth... Saturday - 1st place 41 times, not 1st 6 times, 1 game the ratings didn't show (about 1:45am) I assume we won that one, but can't say for sure. Two of the first places were perfect game ties with another bar. Fletcher's kicked everyone's ass in playback (must be a new location, I've NEVER seen them rank in playback before).

Thanks to the gang at Bargos (Tolle, Gmebrk, Cheese, Mark, et. al.) for throwing a great Bash...er Party. The shake weight, signage, raffle, food and festivities were great. Cheering as a team - that's great too. Looking forward to next year.

Was there a bomb scare or power outage at Danny K's last night? Inquiring minds want to know...

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:21 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Hells bells, did everyone there get so sloshed that no one could say anything about Friday? Image

From what lil I remember, Concert Pub took Spotlight. They also took the earlier 4:30 Pacific BT game. Image

And, just a lil behind them, was this lil old grumpy bastard and his increasingly decrepit, fragile lil mind, also besting the assembled multitude at FBRGOS, banging away by his lonesome at East Village Tavern & Bowl. Image

LilJol (and anyone else who wants to know).

Friday night people were sloshed, falling down, and having a good time. Those people know who they are...

Saturday, some folks wondered to a little place called Jungle Jims. It is not a grocery store, it's a FOOD EXPERIENCE!

41-6 was not bad for some semi drunk, tired party animals.

Let's start working on Triviapalooza IV for next year!

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

teverett wrote:
LilJol (and anyone else who wants to know).

Friday night people were sloshed, falling down, and having a good time. Those people know who they are...

I guess you must have been the only bar in the country that this could have happened, right? This is what gets me about all these get-togethers you always have some person, say, "Oh, yeah, well we were drunk!" Like nobody else was.

[quote=teverett]Saturday, some folks wondered to a little place called Jungle Jims. It is not a grocery store, it's a FOOD EXPERIENCE!

41-6 was not bad for some semi drunk, tired party animals.

Let's start working on Triviapalooza IV for next year![/quote]

41-6 is pretty damn solid, but 0-fer in the big games, that has got to sting. :mrgreen:. Yall did win SIX, so it wasn't a complete wash. I would say that Playback against Fletcher's is also very difficult to beat no matter who shows up, I would say the same back when VISHNU still played Spotlight.

I was also glad to see that Paddy McGoogles didn't make the top of the list the whole weekend.

I am glad everyone had fun, it sounds like everyone had fun.

Last edited by lewser on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:14 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
I guess you must have been the only bar in the country that this could have happened, right? This is what gets me about all these get-togethers you always have some person, say, "Oh, yeah, well we were drunk!" Like nobody else was.

41-6 is pretty damn solid, but 0-fer in the big games, that has got to sting. :mrgreen:. Yall did win SIX, so it wasn't a complete wash. I would say that Playback against Fletcher's is also very difficult to beat no matter who shows up, I would say the same back when VISHNU still played Spotlight.

I was also glad to see that Paddy McGoogles didn't make the top of the list the whole weekend.

I am glad everyone had fun, it sounds like everyone had fun.

Kissass. You're just being nice because you want the sign. :D

BO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:42 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

lewser wrote:

I'll take the heat for the Playback finish.
I made a bad pre-call on "Tommy Dorsey" during the Sinatra round.
I was unaware that he spent five months with Harry James right before his stint with Tommy. I don't know that it would have made a difference, but it couldn't hoit. Ah, c'est la vie...
I'd probably do better at this game if I knew what the heck I was doing...

Even with forty or so people playing, we still missed the same kind of TV crap I usually miss at my home bar. Those represented the bulk of the questions that we missed over the two days that I was there, anyway. I am so proud of those kids for not knowing that kind of stuff, I can't stand it. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
lewser wrote:

I was unaware that he spent five months with Harry James right before his stint with Tommy. I don't know that it would have made a difference, but it couldn't hoit. Ah, c'est la vie...

Even with forty or so people playing, we still missed the same kind of TV crap I usually miss at my home bar. Those represented the bulk of the questions that we missed over the two days that I was there, anyway. I am so proud of those kids for not knowing that kind of stuff, I can't stand it. :D

You do not have to take the heat for that by yourself. I precalled Tommy Dorsey also and shouted it out at our location. When it comes to Playback I am a button pusher, But I was sure I new that one.

As usual I had a great time at this event. A huge thank you to Cheese, Patti, and all involved in running this event, including Bargo's beautiful talented staff.
I met old friends and new friends.

I have changed my avatar because several attendees think I look like the nasty Nazi from Raiders of the Lost Ark. The damnable thing is, I do.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:12 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

[quote="lewser"]
[quote]

Hmmm... Triviapalooza IV - "We Get Drunker Than You Do!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:01 am 
Moderating Hobbit

spotes wrote:
lewser wrote:

I did the same. Was rather ticked after that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:33 am 
Lotsa Posta

Dante wrote:
spotes wrote:
lewser wrote:

I did the same. Was rather ticked after that.

One of the guys that came from another area, came up with the 'Encore' answer right away. I just thought that he pulled it out of his a** er hat, but then discovered that he wasn't wearing a hat. Anyway, there were some great scores on this one and we busted a few in other rounds.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Fletcher's players write these games as they usually do so well. :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:12 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
lewser wrote:
Quote:

Hmmm... Triviapalooza IV - "We Get Drunker Than You Do!"

And what kind of shirt design would that entail Dave - a person falling off a bar stool or what???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next