New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: End of Summer Trivi-Ale Bash
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:51 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Akbar71 wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Well I enjoyed it (what I can remember of Saturday at any rate - some of those beers sneak up on you a bit!) and since that's my only goal and I am not generally one for chasing the reflected glory of assisted rankings I could not care less whether the bar ranked high or low.
Well, we enjoyed having you. Whether you care about the assisted rankings or not, we surely appreciated your (significant) help in getting our name in lights.
Rhino wrote:
This is true especially in the vapid pop culture games that seem to be the only metric of whether a bash did well or not to some...
And you know how I feel about the pop culture...

FWIW, pop culture was where we missed most of our questions too. I would have preferred more non-pop culture, but BT doesn't listen to me either.

Last edited by Gogetem on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:38 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I have a feeling we are not alone. The local rep made the mistake of asking both me and Akbar what our suggestions were, and he just kept saying "I hear that a lot" when we ranted that in no world should Nth Degree be less cerebral than Ask it Already as it had been the last night, and that it would be much better to have more pop culture games - even throughout non-premium hours, and reduce the percentage in general knowledge games. There is no reason both groups cannot be made happy. Make 1/3 of ALL BT games some new game called "Pop BT", let us schedule it out in manager functions, and keep the content in "original" BT 20% or less. Bing. Everybody wins and they can easily see how many places choose, and care enough to learn how to, override.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:38 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Rhino wrote:
I have a feeling we are not alone. The local rep made the mistake of asking both me and Akbar what our suggestions were, and he just kept saying "I hear that a lot" when we ranted that in no world should Nth Degree be less cerebral than Ask it Already as it had been the last night, and that it would be much better to have more pop culture games - even throughout non-premium hours, and reduce the percentage in general knowledge games. There is no reason both groups cannot be made happy. Make 1/3 of ALL BT games some new game called "Pop BT", let us schedule it out in manager functions, and keep the content in "original" BT 20% or less. Bing. Everybody wins and they can easily see how many places choose, and care enough to learn how to, override.

Someone's getting ripped off! I've never met a buzztime rep that wasn't an attractive young lady... let alone a "he". Something is amiss in Delaware!!

Seriously, if the ones there had fun, it was worth the effort. If you were trying to impress Bo and Lewser and earn "bash" status... not an easy task. I've lost many an hour of sleep trying to turn them on, but... sigh... they're unchubbable!

If you're up to it, do it again next year. I wish it would've been this coming weekend. With the 3 day weekend I might of been able to make it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:37 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I would have liked to come, but money and the fact that it was my birthday weekend and I had some friends throw a small party for me Saturday night interfered.

I remember my taste of one of your fine beers fondly and would like a chance to have some more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:52 am 
Centenarian

I hope there's a TriviAle Two.

Money and time were the factors that kept me out of Bear. Having just started a new job, there's also the time factor, but by this time next year, I'll have accrued enough vaco time to make the trip.

The bad news? I can proudly state that I don't give a rat's hindquarters about pop culture, either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:18 pm 
Lotsa Posta

bigdog216 wrote:
I hope there's a TriviAle Two.

Money and time were the factors that kept me out of Bear. Having just started a new job, there's also the time factor, but by this time next year, I'll have accrued enough vaco time to make the trip.

We may try it again sometime. I would have to know that more folks are truly coming from out of town in order to put in the time, energy and my boss's money again though. Don't get me wrong; it was fun. I enjoyed seeing RHINO & K SERA again and shamelessly taking advantage of their trivia prowess all weekend. Also, PEZMAN and COUGAR, of whom I had never even heard, came down from Jersey on Sunday and they were a hoot. Other than that, we could have simply gathered our regular players for an afternoon and issued a challenge to everyone else out there in trivia land and it would have been about the same, without the fuss.

Should we try again, it will likely be a different time of the year. We'll also probably wait until there hasn't been a gathering anywhere else for a while.

bigdog216 wrote:
The bad news? I can proudly state that I don't give a rat's hindquarters about pop culture, either.
This is never bad news. ARE YOU LISTENING BUZZTIME?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5