New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: End of Summer Trivi-Ale Bash
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:11 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Looking forward to next weekend. The locals are getting excited.

We've decided that instead of giving T-shirt revenues from the weekend to a local charity, we'll donate them to the Myelodysplastic Syndromes Foundation, which is the charity indicated by Bill Daly's (PNKPIG'S) family as their preference over flowers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Sorry Akbar, OPIEE & I are not going to be able to make it to Bear this weekend. Too many things got in the way including our crazy Wolf dog not having anyone to watch her while we would have been away.

Many regrets on not getting a chance to meet you and see the Winchester/Botfly traveling circus again. :lol:
We'll look for you on the boards on Friday night.

Hope to get to the brew pub in the future.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Sorry Akbar, OPIEE & I are not going to be able to make it to Bear this weekend. Too many things got in the way including our crazy Wolf dog not having anyone to watch her while we would have be away.

Many regrets on not getting a chance to meet you and see the Winchester/Botfly traveling circus again. :lol:
We'll look for you on the boards on Friday night.

Hope to get to the brew pub in the future.

Half of that circus will not be making the trip. School started up here in Hillbillyville and I have a meeting Friday after school.

As for BOTFLY......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:05 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

This one's starting to look sparse. Jess and I will be there as planned (hey maybe that's why people are dropping out....) but looks like there won't be much competition for seats at the bar... Akbar - any of your locals top notch at the pop culture stuff? Looks like we're getting a bit thin there...

BTW we should be showing up by Nth Degree on Thursday. These bashes are always on weekends for obvious reasons but that means I can offer little help on the premium games as they are all out of my wheelhouse. At least I should be able to help a bit on Six and the Thurs line up. If I'm going to play team I might as well actually make a difference...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:21 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Rhino wrote:
This one's starting to look sparse. Jess and I will be there as planned (hey maybe that's why people are dropping out....) but looks like there won't be much competition for seats at the bar... Akbar - any of your locals top notch at the pop culture stuff? Looks like we're getting a bit thin there...

BTW we should be showing up by Nth Degree on Thursday. These bashes are always on weekends for obvious reasons but that means I can offer little help on the premium games as they are all out of my wheelhouse. At least I should be able to help a bit on Six and the Thurs line up. If I'm going to play team I might as well actually make a difference...

I am disappointed, as the dropouts are folks that I was really looking forward to meeting or seeing again. That said, we have a pretty large base of players at our place to begin with and I think we'll see a lot of folks making day trips from the immediate area. I actually sent letters of invitation to every BT bar in Delaware, as well as the more popular/higher ranked places in our neighboring states.

As far as pop culture, it's a tough call. We've never really played the pop culture games as a team (and I'm almost never there for them, not that I'd be a big help). TTSQUZ (Dean) is phenomenal with music and a lot of TV & movies stuff. I've seen a few others do pretty well solo, as well. I suspect that we may do well with a combined effort.

While I'll be working behind the bar Thursday night, I like to play the Thursday line-up whenever it's not too busy, at least until I sense my bartending partner, Missy, is about to hit me. Again, those are usually solo games for us, but we've been teaming up for Topix when it interests us. I look forward to tackling the other games as a team this week. I suspect Missy will give me a pass, as it's a special occasion and as I'm giving her my normal Saturday daytime shift so that I can concentrate on the bash.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Rhino wrote:

I am disappointed, as the dropouts are folks that I was really looking forward to meeting or seeing again. That said, we have a pretty large base of players at our place to begin with and I think we'll see a lot of folks making day trips from the immediate area. I actually sent letters of invitation to every BT bar in Delaware, as well as the more popular/higher ranked places in our neighboring states.

As far as pop culture, it's a tough call. We've never really played the pop culture games as a team (and I'm almost never there for them, not that I'd be a big help). TTSQUZ (Dean) is phenomenal with music and a lot of TV & movies stuff. I've seen a few others do pretty well solo, as well. I suspect that we may do well with a combined effort.

While I'll be working behind the bar Thursday night, I like to play the Thursday line-up whenever it's not too busy, at least until I sense my bartending partner, Missy, is about to hit me. Again, those are usually solo games for us, but we've been teaming up for Topix when it interests us. I look forward to tackling the other games as a team this week. I suspect Missy will give me a pass, as it's a special occasion and as I'm giving her my normal Saturday daytime shift so that I can concentrate on the bash.

Hey as I suspect goes without saying I am certainly more than fine with playing solo this Thurs too if that's the preferred modus operandi. I am not exactly a guru on world currencies but I travel enough and read enough to be able to do some damage there I hope if the local guys want to team up for that one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:00 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Rhino wrote:

Hey as I suspect goes without saying I am certainly more than fine with playing solo this Thurs too if that's the preferred modus operandi. I am not exactly a guru on world currencies but I travel enough and read enough to be able to do some damage there I hope if the local guys want to team up for that one.

We'll see whose around and judge the mood. Really, I'm cool with either. See you then!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Rhino wrote:

We'll see whose around and judge the mood. Really, I'm cool with either. See you then!

I saw Rhino up there at least once tonight representing Stewarts.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:11 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Was hoping to see you guys playing at lunch today. I guess the crew doesn't get there until this evening. I'll try to get out tonight and see how you're doing... good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Prepare yourselves for the world's lamest anti-bash.
I'm going to pop into 86th Street tomorrow afternoon and take my medicine from you guys at Stewart's.
Be gentle...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:30 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Tolle wrote:
Was hoping to see you guys playing at lunch today. I guess the crew doesn't get there until this evening. I'll try to get out tonight and see how you're doing... good luck.

spotes wrote:
Prepare yourselves for the world's lamest anti-bash.
I'm going to pop into 86th Street tomorrow afternoon and take my medicine from you guys at Stewart's.
Be gentle...

I would describe Friday's crowd as sparse, but spirited. RHINO and K SERA were the only out-of-towners here, but about thirty locals showed and tried. Buzztime's national server going down during our happy hour didn't help much.

I hope to see more folks here Saturday and I hope we can give y'all a run for your money.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:45 am 
Lotsa Posta

We did notice you up there a couple of times tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:

Yep, (IIRC) for the 4:45 & 5:00 BT games, both times finishing below Mr. B's and others. There was no sign of them for either Topix or Spotlight, and it looks like they either gave up or programmed Trendalicious out. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:00 pm 
Lotsa Posta

liljol wrote:
Gogetem wrote:

Yep, (IIRC) for the 4:45 & 5:00 BT games, both times finishing below Mr. B's and others. There was no sign of them for either Topix or Spotlight, and it looks like they either gave up or programmed Trendalicious out. :roll:

Of course we programmed Trendalicious out.

We didn't do too badly today, considering that turnout was way, way lower than I'd expected. It was also the nicest day we've seen in these parts all summer, so being on the grown-ups page at all was an accomplishment and actually edging you out a few games was a treat. Good showing all night from y'all though. Kudos.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
We didn't do too badly today, considering that turnout was way, way lower than I'd expected. It was also the nicest day we've seen in these parts all summer, so being on the grown-ups page at all was an accomplishment and actually edging you out a few games was a treat. Good showing all night from y'all though. Kudos.

Not making excuses, but the turnout here was also lower than expected, with the additional dubious distinction of having no female players for the first time for any of our Southern California gatherings. :(

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

And, apologies to anyone whose eardrums were blasted by a scream of consternation from Tampa, following the results of the 7:00 Pacific Countdown game. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
And, apologies to anyone whose eardrums were blasted by a scream of consternation from Tampa, following the results of the 7:00 Pacific Countdown game. Image

We definitely heard that scream all the way up here in the Northeast :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:39 pm 
Lotsa Posta

poman wrote:
liljol wrote:

We definitely heard that scream all the way up here in the Northeast :twisted: :lol:

One of us got an identical score, but that one got the shout out. That was good. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:29 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I chased y'all round the boards early Saturday & Sunday. Wish I could have been sipping some of y'alls dark ales, but was stuck soloing and slurping down cheap domestics.

Hope y'all had fun.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:41 am 
Lotsa Posta

tiefly wrote:
I chased y'all round the boards early Saturday & Sunday. Wish I could have been sipping some of y'alls dark ales, but was stuck soloing and slurping down cheap domestics.

Hope y'all had fun.

Yeah- it was fun, but I wish that more folks who said they were coming could have actually come. We did put up a pretty good showing on the boards yesterday.

Saw Botfly take two golds in a row. Well Done.

Last edited by Akbar71 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:57 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well I enjoyed it (what I can remember of Saturday at any rate - some of those beers sneak up on you a bit!) and since that's my only goal and I am not generally one for chasing the reflected glory of assisted rankings I could not care less whether the bar ranked high or low. This is true especially in the vapid pop culture games that seem to be the only metric of whether a bash did well or not to some, who are strangely never willing to show up to one to show the poor saps how easy it is to win every single game if you only had the right people...... Strange that, eh?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
tiefly wrote:

Hope y'all had fun.

Yeah- it was fun, but I wish that more folks who said they were coming could have actually come. We did put up a pretty god showing on the boards yesterday.

Saw Botfly take two golds in a row. Well Done.

If it was during this coming three-day weekend, I would have been able to make it for Saturday & Sunday. Lack of funds also played a large factor in not being able to attend. Sure wish I could have made it, though. After judging some fine beers at the Potomac Highland Homebrew Convention in leiu of the Solofest, I could have used some craft-beer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:54 pm 
Centenarian

GOBLUE and I would have really liked to attend this little get together. After meeting Akbar last year at WVBTO-III, it really sounded like a nice, different atmosphere to get together and play some trivia. Unfortunately there's a LOT going on this year for us and someone has to work... :? ....and just couldn't take any extra time off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:07 pm 
Lotsa Posta

tiefly wrote:
If it was during this coming three-day weekend, I would have been able to make it for Saturday & Sunday. Lack of funds also played a large factor in not being able to attend. Sure wish I could have made it, though. After judging some fine beers at the Potomac Highland Homebrew Convention in leiu of the Solofest, I could have used some craft-beer.

TOOTS wrote:
GOBLUE and I would have really liked to attend this little get together. After meeting Akbar last year at WVBTO-III, it really sounded like a nice, different atmosphere to get together and play some trivia. Unfortunately there's a LOT going on this year for us and someone has to work... :? ....and just couldn't take any extra time off.
It would have been cool to have you here. If we ever do it again, we'll aim for a different time of year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:11 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Rhino wrote:
Well I enjoyed it (what I can remember of Saturday at any rate - some of those beers sneak up on you a bit!) and since that's my only goal and I am not generally one for chasing the reflected glory of assisted rankings I could not care less whether the bar ranked high or low.
Well, we enjoyed having you. Whether you care about the assisted rankings or not, we surely appreciated your (significant) help in getting our name in lights.
Rhino wrote:
This is true especially in the vapid pop culture games that seem to be the only metric of whether a bash did well or not to some...
And you know how I feel about the pop culture...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next