New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Summer Solo Tourney Saturday Aug 14th 4.30-7.30 Eastern
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:55 pm 
New Driver

Looks like I am out . .. :cry: other things have come up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:00 pm 
SF Pier

Here is a relative ranking of the players (Based on CD and BT averages) that signed up. I know that some of our averages are inflated from team play (like mine), but it is the best I can do, as these are the only numbers available.

As of 8/14/2010
Name CD CD Rank BT BT Rank
SPOTES 14,092 1 9,426 1
MEGUMI 12690 2 8340 3
BUBBA 12272 3 8365 2
RHINO 12212 4 7900 6
Dayton 11879 5 7,603 11
GABBY 11760 6 7847 8
RANGER 11706 7 7092 15
MOTOR 11656 8 7,854 7
TTSQUZ 11653 9 7598 12
AKBAR 11629 10 7993 4
TOMMYK 11605 11 7956 5
ERIC 11220 12 7801 9
LOWFI 11207 13 7716 10
TAY 11150 14 7,522 13
KITT 10933 15 7096 14
#1WOLF 8088 16 5981 16

Sorry the cut and paste from Excel didn't go so well, but you can get the gist.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:30 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well a game of two games for me. Three of four CDs above my average and one of four BTs. Two of them by 1500 or more. Saw a few of the usua suspects but based on leaderboard appearances looks like MEGUMI is favorite to lead. I assume SPOTES was a no show asa did not appear under his base I'd or the onew he told me he would use. Doubt he missed 8 straight leader boards!l

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:15 pm 
SF Pier

I had a terrible evening, knowledge-wise that is. I love getting out and competing with all of you, I just wish I had made a better showing. The BT's were just awful for me, well below my real average. I didn't know many of them, and never guessed right. The CDs were OK, nothing terrible, and one good one. I saw many of you on the leaderboards, Megumi, Rhino, TTSQUZ (Nice Perfecto), Akbar, Bubba, Ranger, TommyK, Tay, and Kitt. I am sure I missed some, as beer makes me miss some leaderboards to relieve myself, but our little group certainly was evident nationally.

Thanks for doing the organization and compilation Afe. I know it takes some work and commitment. I had fun, even though I sucked.

MOTOR

p.s. I did have to fend off some “helpful” types, letting them know that I was competing sans external information. There was no danger of actually improving my score from them, but nonetheless, I had to make sure they didn’t influence my game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:37 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Despite a couple of brief visits to the leaderboards, I feel thouroughly beaten up by tonight's games. Two of my lowest "answered all ten questions and was really trying" BT scores ever, and back-to-back, to boot. Even better, one of them was during TTSQUZ's perfecto.

Many congrats to anyone who actually did well through all eight games.

Many thanks to Rhino for the legwork!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:42 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

MOTOR wrote:
I had a terrible evening, knowledge-wise that is. I love getting out and competing with all of you, I just wish I had made a better showing. The BT's were just awful for me, well below my real average. I didn't know many of them, and never guessed right. The CDs were OK, nothing terrible, and one good one. I saw many of you on the leaderboards, Megumi, Rhino, TTSQUZ (Nice Perfecto), Akbar, Bubba, Ranger, TommyK, Tay, and Kitt. I am sure I missed some, as beer makes me miss some leaderboards to relieve myself, but our little group certainly was evident nationally.

Thanks for doing the organization and compilation Afe. I know it takes some work and commitment. I had fun, even though I sucked.

MOTOR

p.s. I did have to fend off some “helpful” types, letting them know that I was competing sans external information. There was no danger of actually improving my score from them, but nonetheless, I had to make sure they didn’t influence my game.

Thanks for the shoutout, but I didn't make the leader board during the competition. There was a different Ranger up there in at least one game.

Played okay in countdown games, lousy in Buzztime. Had some bad luck on the final game. I answered the first question for 1000 points, but the local leaderboard had me at zero, not answering. I hit the menui key and brought trivia back up, just in time to answer the second question for just under 900 points. The points for the first question disappeared in cyberspace. Just a bit of bad luck.

At any rate, I always enjoy these games as a chance to compete head to head with excellent players. Thanks for doing this Rhino.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rhino wrote:
Well a game of two games for me. Three of four CDs above my average and one of four BTs. Two of them by 1500 or more. Saw a few of the usua suspects but based on leaderboard appearances looks like MEGUMI is favorite to lead. I assume SPOTES was a no show asa did not appear under his base I'd or the onew he told me he would use. Doubt he missed 8 straight leader boards!l

Sorry Afe.
I was playing this afternoon under my homage handle as promised but got called into work because of some issues right around 4pm.

Having a job blows.
Almost as much as not having one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:44 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

As usual, at least for the last two of these solo tourneys, I got hogtied into doing something else at the last minute. Don't bother looking for my scores. They exist only in my mind.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:25 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MOTOR wrote:

MOTOR

I have the dubious distinction to have probably the worst score ever in a solo tourney with a 1717 in the 3rd BT game. so at least you MOTOR wasn't in last place like me.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

[/quote]

I have the dubious distinction to have probably the worst score ever in a solo tourney with a 1717 in the 3rd BT game. so at least you MOTOR wasn't in last place like me.[/quote]

Were you playing the game? You should get at least 2000 just by hitting 3. If the game was full of recently current Pop culture questions I probably would have been competing with you for low score ;) If I had played.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:33 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Looks like BT hurt a few of us. BTW a$ in airprt heading out on a quick trip so will not get to posting scores etc until Wed. Have fun.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Quote:
#1WOLF 8088 16 5981 16

Yeah I did.

FrankC wrote:
Were you playing the game? You should get at least 2000 just by hitting 3. If the game was full of recently current Pop culture questions I probably would have been competing with you for low score ;) If I had played.

Not that much pop culture, Just too many bad guesses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:18 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rhino wrote:
Looks like BT hurt a few of us. BTW a$ in airprt heading out on a quick trip so will not get to posting scores etc until Wed. Have fun.

Least MOTOR did the averages to show who did well overall.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 pm 
SF Pier

MitchWolf wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Least MOTOR did the averages to show who did well overall.

My averages were compiled from Buzztime, right before the competition. They do not reflect any results of the competition.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:26 pm 
Himself Fodder

FrankC wrote:

I calculate that an entity with no knowledge but understanding the rules of changing answers would average 3210 in a BTT game. That's assuming 450 points on the first change and 200 on the second.

Of course in one single game there's no telling what could happen.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:51 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

-BO wrote:
I calculate that an entity with no knowledge but understanding the rules of changing answers would average 3210 in a BTT game. That's assuming 450 points on the first change and 200 on the second.

Of course in one single game there's no telling what could happen.

BO

Good analysis but I think you are being a little overly generous. Your numbers of 450 and 200 are assuming that the change of answer is nearly instantaneous. Most people hesitate a little and would not be quite that fast, especially once on beer #3 or #4.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:13 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Rhino wrote:
Well a game of two games for me. Three of four CDs above my average and one of four BTs. Two of them by 1500 or more. Saw a few of the usual suspects but based on leaderboard appearances looks like MEGUMI is favorite to lead. I assume SPOTES was a no show asa did not appear under his base I'd or the onew he told me he would use. Doubt he missed 8 straight leader boards!l

I failed to hit the leaderboard on any game myself. Based on my previous play during the same period on Sundays, I was hoping to hit it at least once.

I missed the P+ threshold on the first BT game. :oops: Probably because, I can't name any of the professional dancers from "Dancing with the Stars". On another one I had 7,000 after 7 questions and finished with 7,847.

It wasn't all bad for me, I beat my current personal average on 6 games (three of each).

Saw MEGUMI up on the board at least 3 times and also saw AKBAR, RHINO, TAY, TOMMYK and MOTOR..undoubtedly there were others but my memory fails me.

I'm going to venture a guess that MEGUMI won..even in the games where his name wasn't on the board, Runyon's was near the top of the bar rankings

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

stevej84 wrote:
I'm going to venture a guess that MEGUMI won..even in the games where his name wasn't on the board, Runyon's was near the top of the bar rankings

Same assumption I got as well, steve.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:36 am 
SF Pier

MitchWolf wrote:
stevej84 wrote:

Same assumption I got as well, steve.

My initial analysis of the data, from the 14 players that I know about, show Megumi as #1 Overall, #1 in Countdown, and #1 in Buzztime. I would have posted these results last night, if I could figure out how to get them from Excel to a readable format on the BB. The upside of not posting them is that you won't see that I was 13th out of 14 in Buzztime. (Oops, there goes that upside.) I was 11th overall, and 6th in Countdown. I told you I had a terrible Buzztime day!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:22 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I was playing Saturday afternoon at BWW in Eau Claire Wisconsin. DIdnt even know there was a solofest going on. I would not have any chance of competeing with the "Big Boys" anyway, but would have been nice to know what was happening! I will have to pay more attention to the next one and see if I can get out!!

My scores were right around my usual averages. In BT I had one 8000+ and 3 7500+, and the remainder were pretty mediocre. In CD I had 3 mid-10000's. My best national finish for the afternoon was 144 , the remainder were well down n the 300 - 400 's. Still, though, fun to compete. I am not often available on Saturday afternoons but will look for the next one!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:15 am 
Lightning II

had a great time. had a few decent scores. made the top 20 once. but also had some clunker scores. ended up where i thought i would.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am 
SF Pier

TCHCNB wrote:
I was playing Saturday afternoon at BWW in Eau Claire Wisconsin. DIdnt even know there was a solofest going on. I would not have any chance of competeing with the "Big Boys" anyway, but would have been nice to know what was happening! I will have to pay more attention to the next one and see if I can get out!!

My scores were right around my usual averages. In BT I had one 8000+ and 3 7500+, and the remainder were pretty mediocre. In CD I had 3 mid-10000's. My best national finish for the afternoon was 144 , the remainder were well down n the 300 - 400 's. Still, though, fun to compete. I am not often available on Saturday afternoons but will look for the next one!

Since you actually played all the games, I'm sure that all you have to do is assure Rhino that all your games were played solo, and he'll include your results in this last competition. I'll add them to my spreadsheet.

Rhino, here is a link to TCHCNB stats:
http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_profile.php?pid=218150&tn=trivia&dn=&stp=gh&d=0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

All my games are always played solo!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 pm 
SF Pier

Here is an attempt to post my calculations. These are not official.

Edited: Although I think the individual game numbers are right, the BT and CD totals are not correct. I apparently caused those formulas to point to the wrong scores during a sort, and didn't pick up on the change in my rush to post this. Sorry.

Last edited by MOTOR on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:04 am 
Lotsa Posta

MOTOR wrote:
Here is an attempt to post my calculations. These are not official.

I think there's something wrong here with the BT & CD totals. Total totals are correct, but BT numbers and CD numbers don't add up...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next