Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Summer Solo Tourney Saturday Aug 14th 4.30-7.30 Eastern
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:52 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Akbar71 wrote:
MOTOR wrote:
Here is an attempt to post my calculations. These are not official.

I think there's something wrong here with the BT & CD totals. Total totals are correct, but BT numbers and CD numbers don't add up...

That's probably because Megumi is a robot and broke all of mathematics with his high scores. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:11 am 
SF Pier

Akbar71 wrote:
I think there's something wrong here with the BT & CD totals. Total totals are correct, but BT numbers and CD numbers don't add up...

I didn't check those numbers after a last minute sort, which apparently fouled up those formulas. That's what I get for rushing things when I should have been in bed. It's a good thing their not official, eh? I don't have that spreadsheet here at work to correct the formulas, so I guess I'll leave it to Dave to get it right.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:13 am 

MOTOR wrote:
Akbar71 wrote:

I didn't check those numbers after a last minute sort, which apparently fouled up those formulas. That's what I get for rushing things when I should have been in bed. It's a good thing their not official, eh? I don't have that spreadsheet here at work to correct the formulas, so I guess I'll leave it to Dave to get it right.

Thanks for the unofficial results anyway. They were close enough to let me stop kicking myself for coming in late to Game 1. (Not that much difference between a crappy finish and a mediocre finish, after all.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:27 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

OK here's what I got. Similar data to MOTOR but in diff format. Color coded for rank with reds as top game. MEGUMI as was apparent was a clear winner and took both game types, but "only" got two outright wins. Of course one each was max otherwise for TTSQUZ TAY TOMMYK BUBBA MOTOR and myself. Well done to all and lets get a Fall version planned soon!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:23 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Rhino wrote:
OK here's what I got. Similar data to MOTOR but in diff format. Color coded for rank with reds as top game. MEGUMI as was apparent was a clear winner and took both game types, but "only" got two outright wins. Of course one each was max otherwise for TTSQUZ TAY TOMMYK BUBBA MOTOR and myself. Well done to all and lets get a Fall version planned soon!

Given the score disparities among the players for each individual game and among the games for each individual player, I'd say this was a good group of games to have picked for the Summer Solo Tourney.

I want to give a shout-out to my buddy Dean (TTSQUZ) for his perfecto in a game that obviously humbled the rest of us.

Congrats to MEGUMI, BUBBA and GABBY for a great set. Great thanks to MOTOR and RHINO for assembling the scores and to Rhino for organizing. I look forward to getting my butt whipped again in the fall!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:37 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rhino wrote:

I told you guys i did play this and got the lowest BT game.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 am 
Revolution

Fifth place isn't bad considering I posted no 13000s or better in CD and below 8K in BT. :x

Remember this Rhino for the next contest.

"The Brewers are like cheap underwear, they keep creeping up on you."-Earl Weaver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:59 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

KITT wrote:
Fifth place isn't bad considering I posted no 13000s or better in CD and below 8K in BT. :x

Remember this Rhino for the next contest.

"The Brewers are like cheap underwear, they keep creeping up on you."-Earl Weaver

Yeah but look at the game averages. The group as a whole did not exactly set the pace. Tough games though I thought - BT especially.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:41 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'm a little shocked that my ranking was higher in BT than CD. But the numbers don't lie.

Thanks for setting this up and the work that goes into compiling the rankings.