New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Triviapalooza IV
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:36 am 
U > 100 * 2

Yes lag was horrible. If you didn't hit the correct answer straight away, you bled points. It was as simple as that. Their server was just not keeping up with that many boxes. Plus, people were posting how hot it was in there on thursday and friday was a scorcher too. Here to find out, the AC didn't have any issues, the owner just didn't have it turned on...or down enough. If you're going to have that many people coming from all over to drop alot of money in your place, it should at least be comfy in there. At least saturday was much better at 77 degrees. I don't even want to know what it was in there on thursday or friday.

But temperature and lag would be my only gripes and thanks goes to Tolle, Cheese, and everyone else that went to put this event on. Already looking forward to the next one!
--Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:06 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Tiamat wrote:
Yes lag was horrible. If you didn't hit the correct answer straight away, you bled points. It was as simple as that. Their server was just not keeping up with that many boxes. Plus, people were posting how hot it was in there on thursday and friday was a scorcher too. Here to find out, the AC didn't have any issues, the owner just didn't have it turned on...or down enough. If you're going to have that many people coming from all over to drop alot of money in your place, it should at least be comfy in there. At least saturday was much better at 77 degrees. I don't even want to know what it was in there on thursday or friday.

But temperature and lag would be my only gripes and thanks goes to Tolle, Cheese, and everyone else that went to put this event on. Already looking forward to the next one!
--Tony

Friday I brought a thermometer in and it was close to 92 inside. Hydration was a must...

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:49 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Tiamat wrote:

--Tony

There was a unit that he says someone told him not to use because of a leak. Personally, I would've had the leak fixed before it was 100 degrees outside. He turned it on Saturday anyway and I don't think the unit gave any problems. CHEESE and myself put a good deal of time and effort into trying to make these things as first class as possible... we'll make sure that things are in line next year or we'll find a different location.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:51 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

spotes wrote:
-BO- wrote:
So how was the system with all the extra PM's?

BO

Horrible.
Friday was about as bad as usual at these things, a few points here and there (including Spotlight finale..grrr....), but Saturday was ridiculous. Had a lag issue almost every game on Saturday.
It got so bad I stopped using one for awhile and just doled out answers.
How can we pad our medal totals with this sort of inferior technology? :mrgreen:

Seeing SPOTES without a game board in front of him is like, well, seeing SPOTES without a Dr. Pepper in front of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
Tiamat wrote:

--Tony

There was a unit that he says someone told him not to use because of a leak. Personally, I would've had the leak fixed before it was 100 degrees outside. He turned it on Saturday anyway and I don't think the unit gave any problems. CHEESE and myself put a good deal of time and effort into trying to make these things as first class as possible... we'll make sure that things are in line next year or we'll find a different location.

Hope you don't have to go somewhere else for it. What locale can hold the volume and have karaoke after Playback? To the account of what happened from others, I am determined to go next year's TP.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:21 am 
U > 100 * 2

Tolle wrote:
Tiamat wrote:

--Tony

You and cheese both did a great job and the lag and temperature problems were no fault of yours. I definitely wouldn't let it deter me from coming back next year no matter where it's held.

--Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 am 
Centenarian

Wanted to also say a big thank you to Cheese and Tolle for putting this together. Thanks to Cheese for bringing in his DJ equipment and the industrial fans. We really enjoyed the live trivia between rounds. Thanks to Tolle for taking me to Jungle Jim's and for our interesting lunch :) Thanks to Chuck for serenading us on Thursday night. Thanks to Toots for the gummy bear shots. Thanks to Tiefly for the "water". Also, thanks to Patti for the awsome nametags. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new people, and I thought we had a great turnout!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:29 am 
Centenarian

Thanks Tolle for hosting another fun Triviapallooza! It was a great ending to our long road trip! I was hoping the hotel was closer to the bar though. That was just too far of a walk~ :lol: CHEESE, also a thanks to you for being a great DJ. We also really enjoyed the extra live trivia in between games. I actually knew the answer to a movie music question that SPIEGS didn't know! :shock: I think the the gummy bears were a hit...might have to venture out and try and drunk up some other gummy stuff....

It was really fun seeing everyone again and meeting new folks...well, except for that VAY-pid dude. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:37 pm 
Centenarian

Thought I did better pacing myself than last year - like that was too tough :shock: , but my head still hurts..

Thanks to Jeff and our hosts... the temp was kinda tough to take...but I believe they'll (owners) take this as learning experience...and if we return next year, we'll be fine. Besides, I heard Baahston was over a hundred degrees.. :lol:

Special thanks to Tolle and Alison for chauffering me around - despite their busy schedules - much appreciated.

Can't believe Brad/Brandy and Steve/Donna let me sit around them most of the weekend - sucking up more answers than Botfly had alcohol,etc. Well, maybe not. :o

Could go on...but thanks to everyone (buying me shots,telling me stories,etc) for being wicked pissah'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:35 pm 
Centenarian

Forgot to mention on Sunday afternoon there were about 10 of us playing and we had a power surge and the computer blew. Hope you get a new Buzztime computer soon or that the one you have is reparable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Brandyb wrote:
Forgot to mention on Sunday afternoon there were about 10 of us playing and we had a power surge and the computer blew. Hope you get a new Buzztime computer soon or that the one you have is reparable.

Ranger told me that happened. Most older location has older PC's and tend to crash or reboot by themselves. But when I saw Bargos on the boards today, they must've got the system fixed.

BTW LOVED YOUR TP IV PIX. I talked to my boss and when dave n jeff sets the date, I get my PTO set for TP V.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:04 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

It was a great time. Thanks to Tolle, Cheese, and the Bargos staff.

I had the most trouble with the computer Friday night. If I didn't get the year immediately in the year round, there was little chance of changing answers.

Saturday night, we had a great Playback. I didn't notice extreme lag that night, and our location score certainly didn't show one.

Sunday we won all the games until the server crashed.

I enjoyed meeting many old online friends and seeing others again. I want to come back next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:08 am 
Lotsa Posta

ranger wrote:
It was a great time. Thanks to Tolle, Cheese, and the Bargos staff.

I had the most trouble with the computer Friday night. If I didn't get the year immediately in the year round, there was little chance of changing answers.

Saturday night, we had a great Playback. I didn't notice extreme lag that night, and our location score certainly didn't show one.

Sunday we won all the games until the server crashed.

I enjoyed meeting many old online friends and seeing others again. I want to come back next year.

I agree with your accessment about Friday as I missed plenty perfects due to the first question lag and yes, forget about changing dates in Spotlight.

I would say that Saturday after 10 PM there wasn't a lot of lag as most players were carrying drinks instead of Playmakers. :lol:

Last edited by Gogetem on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I wanted to also give my thanks to Tolle and Cheese for putting forth a tremendous effort. Great job again, guys.
Whoever brought that stage fan that was used for the movie Twister is my hero.
A special shout out to Brandy for her gift of a Lancelot Link t-shirt.
I'm starting to suspect that Pinky and the Brain were correct in their assertion that world domination could be obtained via free t-shirts; especially if they all rocked as much as that one. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:16 am 
Centenarian

Thanks to TOLLE and CHEESE for 'palooza IV, and may 'palooza V include fully-operational AC!

Thanks to BrandyB for dispelling my negative notions about all Texans, and to many others I cannot name or barely remember right now for their welcome.

Thanks to my chauffeurs for getting me around an unfamiliar town, and yes, hydration was a necessity. Unfortunately, West Virginia Spring Water did not qualify as such. I feel no need to comment further.

Before my departure, which required yet another trip to Jungle Jim's beforehand, I played a Countdown while fueling up on tenders for the drive north on I-71 and racked up a highly respectable score that ranked 15th of 33 at Bargo's. Said score also ranked 15th in North America.

Was this a bash? Argue about it all y'all want (hint with the dialect: we need a WVBTO V to happen), but it was a damn good time with some great people, and although I will hear about it at West Park Station a day from now (they always play hard on Thursday Six to beat the bash), I have no regrets about going, and will happily return.

Also, a shout needs to go to the Blue Goose in Sharonville, which has always been tough to beat. I thank them for their great hospitality last Wednesday over Six, and now I know why we've lost to them on occasion. The entire "nerdery," as they affectionately refer to their table, is comprised of Mensa members!

Regrets to the people I met at WVBTO IV I did not reunite with at 'palooza IV, and major props to some new and great people I met while in the 513.

Memo to Akbar: If you have another bash, West Park Station willl go Bear hunting, but if I can be there, I will. A bash has to beat my group of Inglorious Basterds sometime!

-- BIGDOG, The Other White Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:21 am 
Centenarian

spotes wrote:

That was you back there doling out answers? I thought it was YANKEE...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 am 
Centenarian

I would also like to thank TOLLE and CHEESE for a great weekend. It was fun seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Anyone have any pics of the melee in Cincy that they wish to post here for those of us that avoid Spacebook, Myface or whatever? 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:46 pm 
Centenarian

I added some to the trivia photo section.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:05 pm 
Centenarian

Brandyb wrote:
I added some to the trivia photo section.

I'll post some. If i can figure out how. :?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

GIRLIE wrote:
spotes wrote:

That was you back there doling out answers? I thought it was YANKEE...

Would it have mattered? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:35 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

bigdog216 wrote:
Thanks to TOLLE and CHEESE for 'palooza IV, and may 'palooza V include fully-operational AC!

Thanks to my chauffeurs for getting me around an unfamiliar town, and yes, hydration was a necessity. Unfortunately, West Virginia Spring Water did not qualify as such. I feel no need to comment further.

Also, a shout needs to go to the Blue Goose in Sharonville, which has always been tough to beat. I thank them for their great hospitality last Wednesday over Six, and now I know why we've lost to them on occasion. The entire "nerdery," as they affectionately refer to their table, is comprised of Mensa members!

Regrets to the people I met at WVBTO IV I did not reunite with at 'palooza IV, and major props to some new and great people I met while in the 513.

Memo to Akbar: If you have another bash, West Park Station willl go Bear hunting, but if I can be there, I will. A bash has to beat my group of Inglorious Basterds sometime!

-- BIGDOG, The Other White Meat

OK BigDog - yes your drivers were good. However, you need to come to the 513 more often...

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/100NIKON/DSCN0466.JPG

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

Last edited by FrankC on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:45 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/100NIKON/DSCN0466.JPG

Frank you forgot to use the choose file tool below.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jeff & Dave...great job, again.

Glad I went early. Too much fun to be had for only a day or two.

Thanks to BERCAT & CRISPY for the use of their room to escape the heat, Steve & Donna for the one meal I ate in 5 days, and my lawyer/driver, SPIEGS, for tolerance.

And seeing SPOTES w/o a PM...PRICELESS!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next