New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: WVBTO IV--Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:16 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Sports Page

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:33 pm 
Centenarian

The Cooler from Cleveland is taking shape ...

A growler from the Cleveland Chop House and Brewery may be filled if I can make it downtown, but the for sure items are Great Lakes Brewing's Conway's Irish Ale and Commodore Perry IPA, along with something from the city's Buckeye Brewing Company and possibly a 22 or 2 from suburban Strongsville's Brew Keeper.

But most importantly, I'm paying homage to the first place I discovered NTN in 2000, the Thirsty Dog Brewing Company of Akron. Their brewpub is now defunct, but Old Leghumper Porter lives on, and 12 will be in the Cooler from Cleveland. If the wallet is fat enough, a 22 from Akron's Hoppin' Frog will also be in the Cooler.

Thanks, Tiamat, for hoarding some Christmas Ale for the bash. I look forward to seeing everyone for WVBTO IV.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, this week is finally here. I'm going to call the manager, Nick, with shirt sizes. He orders lots of shirts for the bar, so they should be ready. WV brewed beers are on tap. Going to run up to the page after school.

It seems like a great group of folks are heading to Hillbillyville, and I want to apologize for BOTFLY's actions ahead of time. Hoping for a limited appearance by BOTFLY, but he feels quite at home in the Morgantown area.

I'll be there with my buddy, DAWG, (who happens to be on vacation this week) by noon on Thursday. The Sports Page normally doesn't open until 4:00 weekdays, but will be open for Lunch Time on thru the event.

Just a quick heads up...The WVU Blue-Gold football game is on Saturday, so there might be some traffic changes if you are arriving after 4:00 on Saturday. Only a problem for about an hour.

Working on the 'shine, but the ramps are everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gonna call Nick with total numbers for the t-shirts. Anyone on the fence regarding shirt sizes should let me know soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:49 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

tiefly wrote:
Well, this week is finally here. I'm going to call the manager, Nick, with shirt sizes. He orders lots of shirts for the bar, so they should be ready. WV brewed beers are on tap. Going to run up to the page after school.

It seems like a great group of folks are heading to Hillbillyville, and I want to apologize for BOTFLY's actions ahead of time. Hoping for a limited appearance by BOTFLY, but he feels quite at home in the Morgantown area.

I'll be there with my buddy, DAWG, (who happens to be on vacation this week) by noon on Thursday. The Sports Page normally doesn't open until 4:00 weekdays, but will be open for Lunch Time on thru the event.

Just a quick heads up...The WVU Blue-Gold football game is on Saturday, so there might be some traffic changes if you are arriving after 4:00 on Saturday. Only a problem for about an hour.

Working on the 'shine, but the ramps are everywhere.

With my luck, BOTFLY is saving up his liquor money for July

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I drink beer almost exclusively, some 'shine now & then. I just drink LOTS of it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The Sports Page will be open @ 1:00 pm on Thursday & at 11:00 am on Friday & Saturday.

I'll be there, ready to start swilling at 1:00 on Thursday. If anyone arrives earlier, there is a small BWW catty-corner from the Page. I'll be there swilling until 1:00 on Thursday.

Shirt orders are in, beer is being iced, ramps are being dug, and hopefully the 'shine shall sun on us.

Safe driving to those sallying forth to Hillbillyville.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:25 am 
King or Queen Postalot

tiefly wrote:
The Sports Page will be open @ . . . on Friday & Saturday.

They're not opening at 6, so you can drink William and Kate's health? Management's missing out on big profits, shurely!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
tiefly wrote:
The Sports Page will be open @ . . . on Friday & Saturday.

They're not opening at 6, so you can drink William and Kate's health? Management's missing out on big profits, shurely!

Didn't we fight two wars to get rid of those pricks?

I'll be drinking to the memory of Hillbilly royalty, Hazel Dickens, the bluegrass singer from WV, who died last weekend and is being buried today outside of Princeton, WV. She wrote WV's state song...and it ain't "Country Roads".

BTW--during the WVBTO IV, TOLLE and I discussed all guests playing a game in memory of BT players who have passed on or aren't able to get out and play for whatever reason. I'm looking at the 4:00 pm Eastern game on Saturday. I hope others playing at that time will join in, regardless of where you happen to be playing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:11 pm 
Centenarian

The Cooler from Cleveland will represent the 216, 440 and 330 well.

From the 216, the award-winning Great Lakes Brewing Company will be represented by its Commodore Perry IPA. Also, Buckeye Brewing from Cleveland will show in the Cooler with its Hippie IPA, Cleveland Beer Week Black IPA and its Zatex 2010 Imperial Stout.

From the outskirts of C-Town in the 440, Old 21 Imperial IPA and Four C's IPA will nest in the Cooler courtesy of Brew Kettle in Strongsville.

Finally, getting back to where my NTN play all began in their now-defunct brewpub back in 2000, Thirsty Dog Brewing Company of Akron's Old Leghumper Porter will make an appearance.

My liver politely requests that I not consume all of these delicacies myself, so I'm happy to share. Traffic and weather willing, I should be at the Morgan by 3:30 and at the Page by 4:30.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 pm 
U > 100 * 2

bigdog216 wrote:

From the 216, the award-winning Great Lakes Brewing Company will be represented by its Commodore Perry IPA. Also, Buckeye Brewing from Cleveland will show in the Cooler with its Hippie IPA, Cleveland Beer Week Black IPA and its Zatex 2010 Imperial Stout.

From the outskirts of C-Town in the 440, Old 21 Imperial IPA and Four C's IPA will nest in the Cooler courtesy of Brew Kettle in Strongsville.

Finally, getting back to where my NTN play all began in their now-defunct brewpub back in 2000, Thirsty Dog Brewing Company of Akron's Old Leghumper Porter will make an appearance.

My liver politely requests that I not consume all of these delicacies myself, so I'm happy to share. Traffic and weather willing, I should be at the Morgan by 3:30 and at the Page by 4:30.

I think we'll be rolling in around 4ish on friday afternoon. check in and then let the swilling begin. I'll have all manner of brews with me as well for the after-trivia festivities. Probably bring at least 12-16 with me including a couple Christmas Ales, which you're more than welcome to bigdog. Probably been a little while since you had one of those anyway. lol. Some Conways and Burning River for sure. Maybe even a Thirsty Dog Siberian Night and GLBC Nosferatu for good measure. I still have a small cache of Nosferatu and Blackout as well. With those being so high test, they keep alot longer so I like to stock up. :lol:

I must say that this bash is definitely coming at a good time. I need it. This week has pretty much sucked between work and this shitty weather we've been dealing with. Thunderstorms and High Winds every damn day, flood warnings too. Weather-wise, it should be very nice this weekend and definitely beautiful for saturday.

--Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:28 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

bigdog216 wrote:

I'd hate for you to do any damage your liver... so if there are any leftovers when I arrive Friday, I'll be a good samaritan and sample a few.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:09 am 

Hey everybody. Sorry I've been absent from these pages (as though anybody really noticed or cared :lol: ). I don't know why I haven't kept up on here.

I've been chatting with the FLY on Facebook and via text. Hopefully he didn't forget about me!!! I'll be there. I'm leaving after work today and hope to get to Mo'Town by about 7:00 or so. Looking forward to seeing everybody again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:52 am 
Cuboctahedral Faces

With less than 24 hours away, the diesel will be (smoking?) coming down to WV with me (MISER), TIAMAT, GBPACK, and newcomer SVEN all packed in. Looking forward to another good time. Looks like the weather will cooperate too, as there has been some rather nasty weather here up in northern Ohio.

I may bring a couple of out of season local brews with me to share with folks that have a taste for Great Lakes. I also have this 16% Imperial Stout called Mephistopheles that just screams to be shared. I'd be hammered if I drank that whole thing ...

See everyone tomorrow, most likely around 3-4pm.

EDIT: I am hoping Tiamat mentioned what shirt sizes we need .... :)

Cheers,

Miser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:43 pm 
Centenarian

Wish I could be there! Y'all have a great time. I'll be keeping an eye on the boards for you guys.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:50 pm 
Centenarian

Saw y'all on the front page several times this evening - best we could do at Bugz was a couple of games on the back page.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bigsky wrote:
Saw y'all on the front page several times this evening - best we could do at Bugz was a couple of games on the back page.

Glad to hear they are doing well. I would have been there tonight except my youngest son decided to get married next week on the Riviera Maya. He does not check my trivia claendar.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:22 am 
Centenarian

FrankC wrote:
Bigsky wrote:

Glad to hear they are doing well. I would have been there tonight except my youngest son decided to get married next week on the Riviera Maya. He does not check my trivia claendar.

Kids - they just don't have any consideration for their parents! :D

The Mayan Riviera is a great place to have a wedding, though. My wife and I spent 10 days there a couple of years ago at Puerto Adventuras.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Frank and Bigsky, how come you guys aren't in WV? Oh right...well how come Opiee and I aren't there? One thing then another came up and we couldn't make it work.

Hope they are having good ole time, with Tie as the leader they are for sure.

We'll be looking for Morgantown on the boards Sat. night from Hardtimes, y'all better win every game including Raceday trivia. :lol:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
We'll be looking for Morgantown on the boards Sat. night from Hardtimes, y'all better win every game including Raceday trivia. :lol:

Well, last night the WVBTO was split between The Sports Page and Brick Yard Pub. Very interesting. :|

As has been more or less a tradition here in Horribly Site-Poor Southern California, there will also be an Anti-WVBTO at Mr. B's (Danny K's is showing F_UFC 129 or whatever f-ing number it is :(). Since both the Newport Beach Film Festival and the Los Angeles Festival Of Books are also this weekend, this year's Anti-WVBTO may not be at its usual. :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:35 am 
Centenarian

liljol wrote:
BUD wrote:

Well, last night the WVBTO was split between The Sports Page and Brick Yard Pub. Very interesting. :|

As has been more or less a tradition here in Horribly Site-Poor Southern California, there will also be an Anti-WVBTO at Mr. B's (Danny K's is showing F_UFC 129 or whatever f-ing number it is :(). Since both the Newport Beach Film Festival and the Los Angeles Festival Of Books are also this weekend, this year's Anti-WVBTO may not be at its usual. :cry:

Come about 6 PM or so last night, it got to the point you couldn't hear the person next to you @ Sports Page. So some of us moved... But thanks 4 noticing. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'm really sorry to be missing this bash. OTOH, I had a wonderful afternoon hanging out with old friends from the seventies. And my niece's party tomorrow afternoon in Detroit should be good as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:16 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Wish I could have made it there again. Saw y'all on the boards a few times today and tried to compete myself from behind the bar, although the Flyers game got in the way a bit. Keep on having fun!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:21 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I am looking forward to hearing the grateful tales of this latest party.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:27 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:

Ah, methinks you and the rest of The Buzztime Network saw another site at #1 most of the time from 1:00 - 7:30 P.M. Pacific time. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next