New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: WVBTO IV--Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:32 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

liljol wrote:
BUD wrote:
We'll be looking for Morgantown on the boards Sat. night from Hardtimes, y'all better win every game including Raceday trivia. :lol:

Ah, methinks you and the rest of The Buzztime Network saw another site at #1 most of the time from 1:00 - 7:30 P.M. Pacific time. Image

Fletcher's?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
liljol wrote:
BUD wrote:
We'll be looking for Morgantown on the boards Sat. night from Hardtimes, y'all better win every game including Raceday trivia. :lol:

Ah, methinks you and the rest of The Buzztime Network saw another site at #1 most of the time from 1:00 - 7:30 P.M. Pacific time. Image

Fletcher's?

Well, at least you pulled out the Tuned In win (in a literal photo finish :o ). That game was brutal! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
liljol wrote:
BUD wrote:

Fletcher's?

Sorry, not Fletcher's, who certainly made the top ten a number of times, but surprisingly, and for one of the very few times, didn't win Playback. :o

The Southern California Anti-WVBTO at Mr. B's scored eleven #1s from 1:00 - 8:00 P.M. Pacific time, including Playback. :D There were two other games where Mr. B's didn't make #1 but finished ahead of The WVBTO. In addition to Tuned In, IIRC there may have been one other game during that time when The WVBTO was #1.

And, of course, it was appropriate that one of the several perfect scores in the 7:45 P.M. Buzztime Trivia game duly recognize The WVBTO. ;)

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:35 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

We kind of splintered off around five edt yesterday. A handful of us went to McClaffertys, we may have won one game, I think we were about 5th or 6th in most. I did see that pesky kid named GAMBIT up on top a few times and some lil grumpy sounding mysterious fellow playing under FWVBTO leading the way one game.

Last edited by Tolle on Sun May 01, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
We kind of splintered off around five edt yesterday. A handful of us went to McClaffertys, we may have won one game, I think we were about 5th or 6th in most. I did see that pesky kid named GAMBIT up on top a few times and some lil grumpy sounding mysterious fellow playing under FWVBTO leading the way one game.

Image Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:32 am 
Lotsa Posta

liljol wrote:
Tolle wrote:

Image Image

He also stuck around after the lil' grumpy guy left for the day. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
liljol wrote:
Tolle wrote:

Image Image

Were you not the guy I stuck around with a couple of years ago in Buckhannon WV playing Bt Trivia till closing? A few others were with us.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

EGADS!!

I wanna thank everyone who headed to Hillbillyvile. It was geat to see old friends and to meet new ones. A shout out to BIGDOG (male variety) for the Leghumper Ale & to Wally (SMRTR) for the cigars and a fun afternoon on Saturday.

The Page did get loud and packed every night (It was dead week, with exams starting today), along with the WVU Blue/Gold football game (& the first ever alumni touch football game), then the UFC fight Saturday night (by which time I believe I was passed out). But there were two other BT sites (really, three if you count BWW) in stumbling distance to play at, once the Page got over run (including Thursday's Senior Bar Crawl).

A big time shout out to Nick & his staff at the Sports Page. They went out of their way to meet our needs and cravings. And the t-shirts are great! When my bar tab for four days is under $200 with good tip, you now someone is looking out for you.

I know I had fun, from what I remember. Spent part of Sunday with PMAN (who closed the town down with CLEVR Friday & Saturday night) before heading home...safely. I hope everyone else made it home without incident, also.

To the anti-WVBTO groups, I hope y'all had as much fun as we did. SAKIC got to cheer on his Bruins to a win in a bar full of Flyers fans, ZEBRA (the most interesting man in the world) was drunken enough not to get too upset with the Caps loss, & LUREED, NICO, and I got to watch Bill Dance fishing small ponds.

Hope everyone had fun, and I'll see most of y'all in Ohio in a few months. Thanks!

For those with complaints, please let SPIEGS, my lawyer, know. (That is, if he survived the Apple Blossom Festival).

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 am 
U > 100 * 2

Thanks Tie for putting on another great bash. We had a great time and as usually didn't want to go home to face that thing called work. It was great to see those again I'd already met as well as some that I had yet to meet like the Boston crew.

I was also going to write a letter to Nick [at least I think that's what his first name was], the manager/owner but so if you could provide me his last name so I could ATTN the letter, I'd appreciate it. He couldn't have been cooler and definitely went out of his way for us that weekend, especially with other events going on.

Can't wait to see everyone this summer at Bargos too. I'm not sure how many will be going from my crew but michelle and I will be there for sure at the very least.

Cheers!
--Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:15 am 
Lotsa Posta

FrankC wrote:
Gogetem wrote:
liljol wrote:

Image Image

Were you not the guy I stuck around with a couple of years ago in Buckhannon WV playing Bt Trivia till closing? A few others were with us.[/quote]

That was me. I didn't exactly close the place, but would have if Gutz hadn't gotten sleepy. We did make up for it on Sunday as we practically closed the place on Sunday as everybody else had gone home. Tiefly, Botfly and we were the only ones there.

We also did the interview with the local paper. I don't know if you saw it, but that was interesting as the local celebrity refused to talk to them . :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I didn't do the interview because they wouldn't let me see the questions first..EGADS!!!

(That's why SPIEGS is my legal counsel).

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:15 pm 
Phosphorus

tiefly wrote:
I didn't do the interview because they wouldn't let me see the questions first..EGADS!!!

(That's why SPIEGS is my legal counsel).

Allegedly

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:52 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I wish I could've been there.

It's that darn thing called work

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:40 am 
Himself Fodder

ranger wrote:
I'm really sorry to be missing this bash.

You didn't miss a bash. :o You missed a bash in STL in February, but then again, that was by invitation only. :D

Hope most of ya'll (WV term) had fun, a couple of people there are ignorant pricks who are worthless at trivia and hope they had no fun at all. I'm sure TIE puts on a helluva good time.

Any derogatory shirts this year? :)

BO

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:15 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
ranger wrote:

You didn't miss a bash. :o You missed a bash in STL in February, but then again, that was by invitation only. :D

Hope most of ya'll (WV term) had fun, a couple of people there are ignorant pricks who are worthless at trivia and hope they had no fun at all. I'm sure TIE puts on a helluva good time.

BO

I'm an ignornat prick and am quite worthless at trivia, but I had fun anyways.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:33 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
ranger wrote:

BO

The back of the shirt had:

Buzztime trivia
Sports
Beer
Where the hell were you?!
WVBTO 2011

Not sure if that is derogatory, but I can always customize a shirt for you if need be.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:24 pm 
Centenarian

Was going to wait until my hear cleared to write this, but that ain't happenin' anytime soon. :shock: As I said in my text to Tolle, the Boston crew had a wicked pisssa time...

Nick was awesome....and you guys are/were as kind and fun to be around as y'all are smart. Thanks for putting up with us - especially during the hockey game... :oops: . Hell - thanks for putting up with Wally ( "The Spiegs of the Northeast" ) the whole weekend. :mrgreen:

Will almost assuredly see most of you in Ohio... think Wally's gonna stay home...which will give me a break from being his human alarm clock.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

sakictgif wrote:
Was going to wait until my hear cleared to write this, but that ain't happenin' anytime soon. :shock: As I said in my text to Tolle, the Boston crew had a wicked pisssa time...

Nick was awesome....and you guys are/were as kind and fun to be around as y'all are smart. Thanks for putting up with us - especially during the hockey game... :oops: . Hell - thanks for putting up with Wally ( "The Spiegs of the Northeast" ) the whole weekend. :mrgreen:

Will almost assuredly see most of you in Ohio... think Wally's gonna stay home...which will give me a break from being his human alarm clock.. :lol:

Glad y'all had a great time. Wally was no problem, but I didn't have to share a room with him...EGADS!!! And it's always fun to see humbled Philly fans!

Good to know y'all made it back safely.

And I don't know about being smart...look at the company I keep!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:10 pm 

Hey TIE,

Thanks for hosting this again this year. I had a blast. And it helps that it's only about 3 hours away for me. :D

I must be getting old. I had to leave The Sports Page both Friday and Saturday because the MUSIC WAS TOO LOUD. :shock: But The Brick Yard and McClafferty's were fun, too, even though each only had 10 boards.

Definitely looking forward to Cincinnati (although not the drive).

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:25 pm 
Centenarian

Major kudos to TIEFLY, who got me to meet some new people I can call "My FRIENDS!" in Hillbillyville.

Also, serious props to Nick, who served us as the owner at the Sports Page and gave me a bar tab on Friday after over 8 hours of the Serious Pursuit of Inebriation that was far less than it should have been, to which I replied after (barely) reading the number on the tab, "This isn't right," to which he responded, "No, this IS right!"

If y'all never been to Morgantown, I loved it! I really wished I could have stayed one more night, as the West-By-God tradition of setting couches on fire was revived on the night the SEALs offed bin Laden!

I hope there is a WVBTO V, and I hope it's in Morgantown. Also, props to the Hotel Morgan staff for their courtesy and excellence, and a shout to SCAR for keeping this board running, as he was the recipient of a well-deserved Old Leghumper.

Others deserving of Old Leghumpers who did not receive them include TIAMAT and GBPACK from Northern Ohio, the Boston crew including SAK(whatever), SMARTR and JEN M, BUKEKE and TOLLE from near Cincituky, ZEBRA (of course), NICO and many others whose names and handles I forgot in a Hillbillyville-induced haze.

When the Mountaineers are out of town this football season, I'd love to do an impromptu trip to Morgantown for a three-day, as hotels would be well-nigh impossible when the 'eers are at home. Shout back via PM at this site, as I'd love to see more of what I described to a fellow Greater Clevelander as: "Welcome to Coventry: Population, 30,000!"

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:52 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

bigdog216 wrote:
Major kudos to TIEFLY, who got me to meet some new people I can call "My FRIENDS!" in Hillbillyville.

Also!"

TIEFLY and BOTFLY always put on a great Trivia Bash. I hope the two show up at Bargos.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:05 am 
U > 100 * 2

bigdog216 wrote:

Also, serious props to Nick, who served us as the owner at the Sports Page and gave me a bar tab on Friday after over 8 hours of the Serious Pursuit of Inebriation that was far less than it should have been, to which I replied after (barely) reading the number on the tab, "This isn't right," to which he responded, "No, this IS right!"

If y'all never been to Morgantown, I loved it! I really wished I could have stayed one more night, as the West-By-God tradition of setting couches on fire was revived on the night the SEALs offed bin Laden!

I hope there is a WVBTO V, and I hope it's in Morgantown. Also, props to the Hotel Morgan staff for their courtesy and excellence, and a shout to SCAR for keeping this board running, as he was the recipient of a well-deserved Old Leghumper.

Others deserving of Old Leghumpers who did not receive them include TIAMAT and GBPACK from Northern Ohio, the Boston crew including SAK(whatever), SMARTR and JEN M, BUKEKE and TOLLE from near Cincituky, ZEBRA (of course), NICO and many others whose names and handles I forgot in a Hillbillyville-induced haze.

When the Mountaineers are out of town this football season, I'd love to do an impromptu trip to Morgantown for a three-day, as hotels would be well-nigh impossible when the 'eers are at home. Shout back via PM at this site, as I'd love to see more of what I described to a fellow Greater Clevelander as: "Welcome to Coventry: Population, 30,000!"

It was great meeting you down there as well, man. A very good time was had by all. Hope to see you at Bargos in July!
Loved having Pink Floyd for the Headline Act in Playback too. We totally kicked ass in there.

Cheers,
--Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
bigdog216 wrote:

Also!"

TIEFLY and BOTFLY always put on a great Trivia Bash. I hope the two show up at Bargos.

Careful for what you wish for, Frank.

Chris, I'm glad you had a good time and it was nice to meet you. We can meet up in Mo-town any time youi would like. I go up there at least twice a month to play somewhere other than a BWWs. Nick and I split the Leghumper Friday. Heady stuff.

FWIW--Not saying that there is going to be a WVBTO V, but if there is, it will NEVER be by invitation only. The O stands for Open, meaning anyone wanting to trek to Hillbillyville is more than welcome. If it was by invite only, I would never have had the pleasure of meeting people like Chris or the "Spiegs of the Northeast", Wally, because I would not have known to invite them.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
FrankC wrote:
bigdog216 wrote:

Also!"

Careful for what you wish for, Frank.

Chris, I'm glad you had a good time and it was nice to meet you. We can meet up in Mo-town any time youi would like. I go up there at least twice a month to play somewhere other than a BWWs. Nick and I split the Leghumper Friday. Heady stuff.

FWIW--Not saying that there is going to be a WVBTO V, but if there is, it will NEVER be by invitation only. The O stands for Open, meaning anyone wanting to trek to Hillbillyville is more than welcome. If it was by invite only, I would never have had the pleasure of meeting people like Chris or the "Spiegs of the Northeast", Wally, because I would not have known to invite them.

Triviapalooza is by invitation only, you have to have a higher trivia average than me to get an invite... I had to send out 10,000 invites this year (it's a good thing I bought some forever stamps!).

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:36 am 
Himself Fodder

tiefly wrote:
Not sure if that is derogatory, but I can always customize a shirt for you if need be.

No need, you wouldn't want to stand in that long line of others doing the same. :D

One of these days LEWSER and I are going to show up unannounced at one of these things and ruin our internet persona.

BO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next