New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Louisville Bar Hop
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:05 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Toying with the idea of hosting a bar hop of Louisville trivia sites on Saturday April 2nd. I've been told by long-term Louisville players of a legendary event held years ago. In this event, every bar that had trivia in Louisville would be visited, and the players can't leave until a high-score for the bar was achieved. For me, the requirement is just a simple one-game, one-purchase (beer and/or appetizer).

If anyone is interested in attending the event, please post here. If you are from out of town, I can help with hotel and transportation. If there is enough of an interest, I will proceed with the planning

Yoda

Post subject: Re: Louisville Bar Hop
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:55 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

That sounds like something fun - I could drive easily to Louisville from Cincinnati. Count me in.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:04 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I did some research, and as of today (1/12/2011), there are 19 sites that show up when you do a search on Louisville, KY on Buzztime's site. One of these sites is Indigo Joes, which is no longer hosting trivia, and another is Ernesto's Mex Grill, which is listed as "coming soon". That means that there are 17 sites, probably 18 by early April.

If we spend 1/2 hour at each site (two 15 min games or one 30 minute game), it will be no problem to visit each site in one day, but it will mean working at this task well past midnight. We have to factor travel time and time it takes for us to get seated, trivia boxes, etc. Plus, this is the first Saturday in April, which traditionally is NCAA Final Four weekend, so we might have to consider delays in trying to find a table and television showing trivia.

Please reply back to this thread with the following:

1) Are you intested in doing the bar hop?
2) Is Saturday April 2 a good day, or should it be a different day?
3) Should we try to visit every bar in one day, or spread it over the weekend, perhaps visiting four to five on Friday, a dozen or so on Saturday, and the remaining one or two Sunday afternoon (giving out-of-towners a chance to head home early).

Thanks

Yoda....your tour guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:35 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Ernesto's getting trivia is a surprise since they recently had trouble paying their cook staff. Should be interesting
if they do get it. Place not the same as it was two years ago. No interest in hop. Final 4 too important. If local team is in, then I doubt there will be much interest from anyone.

Post subject: I was there...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:37 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
Toying with the idea of hosting a bar hop of Louisville trivia sites on Saturday April 2nd. I've been told by long-term Louisville players of a legendary event held years ago. In this event, every bar that had trivia in Louisville would be visited, and the players can't leave until a high-score for the bar was achieved. For me, the requirement is just a simple one-game, one-purchase (beer and/or appetizer).

If anyone is interested in attending the event, please post here. If you are from out of town, I can help with hotel and transportation. If there is enough of an interest, I will proceed with the planning

Yoda

I was there... It was just four of us, FSHMAN, Dr. Megahertz (DRMH), my old girlfriend Pat, and your's truly. We hit all 13 trivia bars in the Louisville area in one day. We couldn't move on to the next bar until one of us made their local leader board for the month. Leaving a lot of the story out, the four of us knocked off 12 bars, and made it back to Friday's (The last one.) by the skin of our teeth for the last game before the midnight hour. Not only did we do it, we got #1 in the nation to cap off the day.

Count me in for a re-run. There now may be more than the 13 bars in the Louisville area that we will have to play at, but NTN has made it a little bit easier for us, because back then we didn't have any 15 minute games. In those days, the shortest were half-hour deals.

I think we can do it again. However, because we will be trivia bar hopping, and probably drinking while we do it, a designated driver (or drivers) is really something that we need to think about.

Hell, if we get enough of us, we could all chip in and hire a stretch limo for the day...

Great idea, YODA...!