New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Raceday Trivia 5/5
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:03 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Richard (TPG) and I eat lunch at Applebee's Capital Circle in Tallahassee, FL., and the
2:00 PM game for the second week in a row is Raceday Trivia. Having moved here from Gadsden, AL., in 2005 I only lived an hour north of Talladega Speedway, (go south on Highway 77 through Lincoln, past the Honda plant, across I-20 a few miles and turn left) the site of Sunday's race. Though this 15-question segment is technically the first half of the game, (predictions an hour or so before the start of the race are the second half if I remember correctly from five years ago) Richard and I both moving to Tallahassee from Alabama welcome the familiarity. I'm thinking the Indiannapolis 500 is only three weeks away and then it's 86th Street Pub's turn again for the close geography. Bug laps the field with a nearly perfect individual effort and Richard and I quite unexpectedly rank #1 as a bar. Thanks Spotes and GAVV for the bump draft and congratulations for being #2.

Post subject: Re: Raceday Trivia 5/5
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hunk wrote:
Richard (TPG) and I eat lunch at Applebee's Capital Circle in Tallahassee, FL., and the
2:00 PM game for the second week in a row is Raceday Trivia. Having moved here from Gadsden, AL., in 2005 I only lived an hour north of Talladega Speedway, (go south on Highway 77 through Lincoln, past the Honda plant, across I-20 a few miles and turn left) the site of Sunday's race. Though this 15-question segment is technically the first half of the game, (predictions an hour or so before the start of the race are the second half if I remember correctly from five years ago) Richard and I both moving to Tallahassee from Alabama welcome the familiarity. I'm thinking the Indiannapolis 500 is only three weeks away and then it's 86th Street Pub's turn again for the close geography. Bug laps the field with a nearly perfect individual effort and Richard and I quite unexpectedly rank #1 as a bar. Thanks Spotes and GAVV for the bump draft and congratulations for being #2.

That was just me playing my and GAVV's boards, Hunk.
I remember a time when Raceday used to have older racing questions.
It was a lot more fun back then.
Other than the Dave Marcis Dodge question and the one about the pace car for the 1986 Winston, every question yesterday postdated 2004, including 5 about last week's race alone. That is the most incredibly lazily written trivia game I've seen out of BT.
And the proofreading was top-notch...
"Lifelock.com" in the #1 spot. "Capital City" in the #3 spot. The final clue was "Life in the City". Brilliant. I was pretty sure it was "Capital City", but since the clue started with "life" (usually the first word in BT's clue is the important one) I switched and lost 100 points.
Kudos to those who manage to stay awake until the end of this game and do well.

Post subject: Re: Raceday Trivia 5/5
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:38 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I was driving past Nashville Speedway about the time RaceDay was on...but I don't think I get any points for that :roll: Looking forward to getting back in the groove this weekend!