New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The S O B's heading for Bargos
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:36 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Yeah, my NTN education has always been judged incomplete because out of the hundreds of bars where I've played the game, Bargos has never been one of them. That will be rectified this Thursday night, the 22nd, when I show up for the evening games.

I've tried to P/M TOLLE to let him know but somehow the message seems stuck in my outbox. Don't know how to free it up but it seems to have been lingering there for the past four days. That explains why he hasn't responded. Anyway, TOLLE, if you read this I hope to see you Thursday.

I'm making my way north to a little town in Northern Ohio for my high school reunion and hoping to get in some trivial games along the way. After the festivities, we're vacationing on to stops in Chicago, Memphis and Biloxi before returning home. If anyone reading this lives in any of those towns, or points in between, don't be terribly surprised to see the ol SOB in your bar as well.

Post subject: Re: The S O B's heading for Bargos
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Which town in Ohio?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

If you will be in the Northwest Chicago area, let me know.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:55 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

S O B wrote:
Yeah, my NTN education has always been judged incomplete because out of the hundreds of bars where I've played the game, Bargos has never been one of them. That will be rectified this Thursday night, the 22nd, when I show up for the evening games.

I've tried to P/M TOLLE to let him know but somehow the message seems stuck in my outbox. Don't know how to free it up but it seems to have been lingering there for the past four days. That explains why he hasn't responded. Anyway, TOLLE, if you read this I hope to see you Thursday.

I'm making my way north to a little town in Northern Ohio for my high school reunion and hoping to get in some trivial games along the way. After the festivities, we're vacationing on to stops in Chicago, Memphis and Biloxi before returning home. If anyone reading this lives in any of those towns, or points in between, don't be terribly surprised to see the ol SOB in your bar as well.

The message being stuck in your Outbox means that Tolle hasn't opened it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:30 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

ANON wrote:
Which town in Ohio?

Mansfield. No trivia action there unfortunately, and I'll be hanging with my old high school buds so I won't even have time to stop in at the only NTN site in the area, a BWW that's not worth visiting anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:02 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Dante wrote:
S O B wrote:

The message being stuck in your Outbox means that Tolle hasn't opened it.

Maybe if that idiot TOLLE would login every time he comes on this site he would see his messages!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:24 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
If you will be in the Northwest Chicago area, let me know.

Wish I could join you at Diamond Lil's--looks like a great place to play from the reviews and I see there are a lot of players that have been collecting those valuable pplus points for a while.

We have to join a group of old buddies and their wives for dinner in Glenview Tuesday night, so I fear I'm going to have to miss Showdown this week. Monday night we're hanging out in Downtown so it looks like the only buzztime action I get in my two days in Chicago may be a quick afternoon stop somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

S O B wrote:
Mansfield. No trivia action there unfortunately, and I'll be hanging with my old high school buds so I won't even have time to stop in at the only NTN site in the area, a BWW that's not worth visiting anyway.

I feel your pain. When my wife and I were dating, she lived in Columbus and I was in Akron, and we thought Mansfield would be a good place to meet and play trivia. We tried it only once.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:40 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Yes, I played the BWW in Mansfield for a couple hours yesterday and it was ok, not great. There were several other people playing on a Friday afternoon but not seriously; not answering every question.

I had a great time Thursday night at Bargos. TOLLE wasn't able to attend but I was treated well by the regulars. We had a fine time. I was able to help them get several #1 rankings for the bar and it earned us a free round of beers each time. The La Quinta across the parking lot was a wise choice as I was able to get home safely with a full belly of beer in me!

Highly recommended!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:37 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

S O B wrote:
Yes, I played the BWW in Mansfield for a couple hours yesterday and it was ok, not great. There were several other people playing on a Friday afternoon but not seriously; not answering every question.

I had a great time Thursday night at Bargos. TOLLE wasn't able to attend but I was treated well by the regulars. We had a fine time. I was able to help them get several #1 rankings for the bar and it earned us a free round of beers each time. The La Quinta across the parking lot was a wise choice as I was able to get home safely with a full belly of beer in me!

Highly recommended!

Speaking of Bargo's and LaQuinta, I can hardly wait for official plans for Triviapalooza V so I can set my room up as fast as I can. Maybe hope you return for it so I can see u there.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO