New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: CLOUDY is headed back to Upstate New York...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:57 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
I've been back in Rome, NY, for about a month now. My lady friend, Helene, had spinal surgery, which did not go well. She is in the Beastsy Ross rehab facility here, and making slow progress on learning to walk again. My days are spent on helping her get around and taking her places. I have no idea how long I will be here, but I don't expect to return to Louisville as long as she needs me to help her.

The daily routine is quite exhausting, and when I get back to the house I don't have much energy left to get on the "ScaRatings". I'll try to check out a few threads on the "ScaRatings" tonight, and make a few posts. Hopefully, things will get better and I will be able to join you guys and gals more frequently in the future.

p.s. Helene and I have actually made two trips to Syracuse, and got to play trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings in Cicero, NY. We had a good time, but couldn't stay very long, because she became tired and needed to go back to Rome.

Tell Helene that all of us on ScarRatings wish her a speedy recovery. Also tell her that as soon as she is well enough to come down to Louisville so we can get together.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:31 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

It's been awhile since the last Cloudy sighting here on Scaratings. Anyone heard from him?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

(I just had a lengthy explanation of my absence from the ScaRatings for such a long time timed out, and deep sixed to wherever those posts go...)

Here's a brief recap of what it said. My lady friend, Helene, had spinal surgery, that left her unable to walk. I went up to Rome, NY to help her recover on August 2, 2014. When I was there, my bone-on-bone right hip went bad. I finally decided, after a failed cortisone shot, that the time had come for me to have a hip replacement operation at the VA hospital in Syracuse. The VA works in SLOW and mysterious ways, and it wasn't until the end of March 2015 that they finally got around to the operation.

I'm sorry for being gone for such a long time that I didn't expect. However, I'm back and I hope I can contribute something after a lot of catching up on all that I've missed for more than a year of being AWOL.

Last edited by Cloudy on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:42 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

CLOUDY!!! Welcome back! 8-) Glad to hear you got the VA to do something. Hope you are feeling better now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

mudee wrote:
CLOUDY!!! Welcome back! 8-) Glad to hear you got the VA to do something. Hope you are feeling better now.

Thanks MUDEE, I'm not 100% yet, and I'll probably will never be, but I guess I can live with 80% and be happy with it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. On the one hand, great to have you back. Image

On the other hand, very sorry to hear about both your and Helene's health. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Welcome back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Good to hear from you Keith, no apologies needed, you have been missed.
Here's hoping you & your Lady the best of health from here on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:46 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Good to have you back Cloudy. You've been missed.

Failing health is the problem with aging. I certainly have health issues. Glad you and your lady are dealing with it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. On the one hand, great to have you back. Image

On the other hand, very sorry to hear about both your and Helene's health. Image

Thanks liljol, I played some Buzztime Trivia tonight and saw you rank in the top ten nationally. I was proud to tell the guy, who was playing trivia with me that I had met you at T.G.I. Friday's in Louisville.

Hell, we are all getting old, and these things that go wrong with us are going to happen. As long as they don't kill us, it's nature's way of saying: "Good going old guy, keep it up, this was just a test and you passed..."

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Welcome back.

Thanks ZOG, it's good to be back. It will take me a little while to find out where things are on the "ScaRatings" and how everything works.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Good to hear from you Keith, no apologies needed, you have been missed.
Here's hoping you & your Lady the best of health from here on.

Thank you, ICEMAN. I was hoping that you would still be here with your clever wit and incredibly creative, humorous, and entertaining video creations. You da man...!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

:lol: :lol:
ranger wrote:
Good to have you back Cloudy. You've been missed.

Failing health is the problem with aging. I certainly have health issues. Glad you and your lady are dealing with it.

RANGER, I've missed you and all of my wonderful friends on the "ScaRatings". ( "Failing health is the problem with aging." ) The real problem is if we don't die from it right off, eventually something we never expected will sneak up on us and do us in just before we were about to cash in a life-time winning lottery ticket that was going to pay us $1,000 a day for rest of our lives. :lol:

p.s. RANGER, I hope your "health issues" are no more serious and less painful than my run-of-the-mill, every day, hip replacement.

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:49 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Hey Cloudy, Scar has missed you !

I make it to Louisville about every 5 or 6 weeks. If you make it back to the Derby City, let's see if we can't play some trivia somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:

I make it to Louisville about every 5 or 6 weeks. If you make it back to the Derby City, let's see if we can't play some trivia somewhere.

SCAR, I've missed you too. Time rushes by faster and faster the older and older we get. It worries me to think about where all of this rushing time is taking us. :lol:

I'll probably be in Louisville for more than a month (Maybe two months. I don't have any kind of a real schedule.) before I head back up to Rome, NY. I've got a lot of things to take care of after my long absence from the Bluegrass State. If you still have my cell phone number, give me a call and let me know when you'll be back in Louisville.

I hope things work out. It would be great to get together and play some trivia with you once again. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:37 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Holy shit, CLOUDY's still alive! A little more bionic than before, but hey - you've beaten yesterday's consecutive-days-I've-been-alive record

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:45 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Cloudy wrote:
scar wrote:

SCAR, I've missed you too. Time rushes by faster and faster the older and older we get. It worries me to think about where all of this rushing time is taking us. :lol:

I'll probably be in Louisville for more than a month (Maybe two months. I don't have any kind of a real schedule.) before I head back up to Rome, NY. I've got a lot of things to take care of after my long absence from the Bluegrass State. If you still have my cell phone number, give me a call and let me know when you'll be back in Louisville.

I hope things work out. It would be great to get together and play some trivia with you once again. :D

Cloud, I think I will be in Louisville this weekend but I have lost your cell phone number.

Post subject: Good to hear from You, PENGWN...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
Holy shit, CLOUDY's still alive! A little more bionic than before, but hey - you've beaten yesterday's consecutive-days-I've-been-alive record

It's good to hear from you, PENGWN. Yep, I'm still above ground. However, according to YODA, there was a rumor going around that I was six feet under. He told me that he had run into DRBOB (aka HUSSAR & SHAZAM), and Dr. Bob told him that he thought I had died. :lol: (No joke.)

Anyway, I'm back to start posting some new baseless lies about you. :D

Post subject: I'll send you a private message with my phone number...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
scar wrote:

Cloud, I think I will be in Louisville this weekend but I have lost your cell phone number.

SCAR, I'll send you a private message with my phone number. (I was going to post it here, but thought better of it, when I remembered that the "ScaRatings" has been visited by some real crazies in the past. :lol:

It will be great to get together with you again. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:43 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Good, I'll be looking for it.

Would be great to quaffs some brew wid ye.

BTW I quit smoking six months ago so you will have to run outside without me.

I have emailed FSHMAN, Boston, Dante and others about playing either Saturday night somewhere, or a long Sunday afternoon of trivia and football watching.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Scott

Post subject: FISHMAN might be hard to contact...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:

I have emailed FSHMAN, Boston, Dante and others about playing either Saturday night somewhere, or a long Sunday afternoon of trivia and football watching.

Scott

FISHMAN might be hard to contact. I'll try calling him tonight, and let him know about this weekend.

Post subject: Re: FISHMAN might be hard to contact...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:16 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Cloudy wrote:
scar wrote:

Scott

FISHMAN might be hard to contact. I'll try calling him tonight, and let him know about this weekend.

Cloudy, I sent a text message to your cell phone. Do you get text messages ?

Post subject: Nope, I don't even know how to get them...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
scar wrote:

Scott

Cloudy, I sent a text message to your cell phone. Do you get text messages ?

Nope, I don't even know how to get them. Give me a phone call or send me a private message. Those things I can handle. :lol:

p.s. FSHMAN doesn't have a computer. the only way he will read your e-mail is if he happens to walk from his apartment over to the Jeffersontown Public Library, where he uses the computers there to get online. I would estimate that is about a two-mile walk, and I would guess that he doesn't check his e-mails every day.

p.p.s. I am going to send you a private message with FSHMAN's landline phone number. He never answers phone calls, but you can leave him a message.

p.p.p.s. Did you get my private message with my telephone numbers?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:49 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Yes, and OK. My text to you was do you have a preference between playing Saturday night, or a long Sunday afternoon in the Highlands also watching the NFL ?

And where would be a good place to go on a Saturday night, if you know ?

Post subject: What a wonderful time it was...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
Yes, and OK. My text to you was do you have a preference between playing Saturday night, or a long Sunday afternoon in the Highlands also watching the NFL ?

And where would be a good place to go on a Saturday night, if you know ?

You and FISHMN had it all set up. YODA, DHB, and I were happy to join the crowd that assembled at the Buffalo Wild Wings in the Highlands to welcome you back. We MUST do this again, while we are all still alive...! It was a lot like the old times, when we all congregated at T.G.I Fridays, put brewskis down as if there was tomorrow, and put our bar on the NTN trivia map as one of the best trivia teams in the country. :D

We did damn good Saturday night. Just about everyone, who was there, came up with great answers, just like the old times. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next