New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What happened to the site reviews?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:44 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

It looks like NTN has removed the buttons for site reviews at all the bars. Anybody know why?

Post subject: Re: What happened to the site reviews?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:14 am 
King or Queen Postalot

The last new review I read was nothing more than a call-out of PJ SHU and his antics. The feature wasn't used very much, and is so easy to abuse, I'm thinking BT decided to quietly let it go away with last night's facelift

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The reviews were usually helpful when going to new towns, especially in Florida. SOBs reviews down there were very helpful and definitely made a difference in Opiee and my choice along with the level of game play.

I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing as BT cleans out some old or abusive reviews.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:08 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Thanks, BUD. Travelling to NTN bars and writing my reviews has been a hobby for many years now. Nice to hear that someone enjoyed reading them.

If anyone here is coming to FLA, send me a message here and I'll do what I can to steer you to a good spot. Over the years, my spreadsheet shows that I've played at 371 Florida bars, 119 of which are still active today. The website shows there are currently 281 sites in the Sunshine State so I've been to nearly half.

One gap in my resume is the FLA Panhandle but my wife and I are going to spend a week at the beach next month in Destin so I'll get to see a lot of spots in Panama City, Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola. That should broaden my FLA NTN education a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. As a few of you here are likely aware, this lil old grumpy bastard tried to do the same here in NTN Buzztime's Site Poor Backyard (and of course, The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State :cry:). :)

A most telling comparison; Sweet Old Bob has played at more sites in The Sunshine State than i have in The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State (and, IIRC, in a few years less). :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:33 pm 
Centenarian

I enjoyed reading reviews on sites, especially when I was planning out of state trips, thought they were useful when deciding on a place. I also liked writing reviews too, always mostly positive hoping it may be useful to others. The real issue I had which happened recently was looking for a site, reading the review, deciding to go there only to find out that the site dropped trivia 2 months prior, but Buzztime had the still as an active site:(