New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Yep, I'm heading back to Upstate New York again...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:01 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yep, I'm heading back to Upstate New York again, on November 5th. DHB and YODA are going with me. They won't stay there vey long, but I will. I'll try my best to spend more time on the "ScaRartings" than I did on my last trip. If any of you guys or gals might be in the Syracuse area, please send me a private message so we can hook up. :)

Post subject: Re: Yep, I'm heading back to Upstate New York again...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:25 am 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
Yep, I'm heading back to Upstate New York again, on November 5th. DHB and YODA are going with me. They won't stay there vey long, but I will. I'll try my best to spend more time on the "ScaRartings" than I did on my last trip. If any of you guys or gals might be in the Syracuse area, please send me a private message so we can hook up. :)

For the record, driving a 20' UHaul from Louisville to Rome was a job and a half. DHB had most of the job, and I had less than a half. But Cloudy's collection of movies and music is in his home away from home. As the days up north go colder and the things to do in Rome's down town go fewer, Cloudy and Ms. H. will have lots to keep them busy

adoY

Post subject: It was an Odyssey...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

For the record, driving a 20' UHaul from Louisville to Rome was a job and a half. DHB had most of the job, and I had less than a half. But Cloudy's collection of movies and music is in his home away from home. As the days up north go colder and the things to do in Rome's down town go fewer, Cloudy and Ms. H. will have lots to keep them busy

adoY

It was an Odyssey, but we did it in about 12 hours of driving, with very few stops, and only getting a little bit lost in the Cleveland area once. It was a team effort, and I contributed the least. That's why I recruited YODA and DHB, two young guys, to accompany me on our Odyssey. (Yep, "young" is a somewhat subjective concept, but from my perspective, as I approach age 70, they are YOUNG!)

I can never thank YODA and DHB enough for what they did to help me. They are dear friends that I never would have, without meeting them playing NTN Trivia.

I should add that Bruce, who plays at Buffalo Wild Wings in Middletown, KY, also helped load the truck, but couldn't join the Odyssey, because of all things... He had to go to work. :lol: FISHMAN also wanted to help load the truck, but of all things, he had a job he had to go to also.

(As I look back up to my previous paragraph, I can see where someone might read some sarcasm there. There is absolutely NONE...!
Both Bruce and FISHMAN have jobs that they have to show up for, and cannot just fail to show up for work to go on a zany Cloudy Odyssey.)

p.s. I should add that YODA's job allows him a limited number of days off, and he burned four of them to help me out.

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: I will be in Upstate New York for a while...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I will be in Upstate New York for a while, but Helene and I will be back in Louisville in mid May to attend my son's wedding. I suspect that we will be in Kentucky for about a week, and we are looking forward to hooking up with as many of the folks she played trivia with back in the old days, when she met them at T.G.I. Fridays. Hope we can get something together. :)

Post subject: Re: CLOUDY is headed back to Upstate New York...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:44 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Post the date sometime and I'll peek at the old calendar.