New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Will be in Vancouver and Victoria later this week
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:53 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'm on a cruise that for once is spending a significant time in port on Thursday, May 5 (Vancouver) and Friday, May 6 (Victoria). Although there's been lots of onboard live trivia competitions, I haven't been anywhere near an NTN/BT trivia location since Friday, April 1 when LILJOL and I played the evening before the Westerdam left San Diego, so I'm hoping to get in at least a few hours in each city in a location within a reasonable Uber distance from port.

This is my first visit to Vancouver. COOGS and I were in Victoria last year as part of an Alaska cruise, and although our original destination was Heckler's, we let the cab driver talk us out of it and take us to our second choice. Bad move--although the place we ended up at had good food and beer, we had to talk to three staff members before finding someone who even knew what we were talking about so we could get tablets, and no one had any idea about putting the game on a screen; unsurprisingly we were the only ones playing. So this time I am planning to make it to Heckler's, which looks as though it has a Spotlight team, but could use a recommendation on Vancouver either for Countdown in the afternoon on the Thursday night "Six" et al. lineup.

Brooke/AARDVK

Post subject: Re: Will be in Vancouver and Victoria later this week
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:07 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Capital City Center Hotel is the place to play in Victoria. I've played there every time that I have visited Vancouver Island. They're all seasoned Showdown players and very good. They don't seem to have a good spotlight team as I haven't seen them much.

As far as Hecklers was mentioned, I am not sure as they didn't have the game last time that I was there.

Sigis used to visit here sometimes, but I haven't seen him lately, but have on the boards. He is a local.