New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Yoda's Tours
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:02 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Just a quick, and redundant, note

Before I got married, which would be before 2008....ish, I did several "tours". My definition of a tour is such:

- Go to an "area", it could be a city, a region, or another reason because I said so
- Plan out every Buzztime bar in this "area"
- visit every Buzztime site. For me, a visit is a 30 minute (or longer) game, and a purchase.
- The purchase is a requirement. The bar is paying money for Buzztime. If I'm playing on their site, I should help them, and the bartender financially
- The purchase is either a beer.....or a soda and an appetizer (eventually I have to sober up to drive to the next place)
- Take LOTS of notes of where you visited. Bartender's name, atmosphere, who is playing when I get there, quality of food/drinks/bathrooms, etc.

So far, I've done a Tour du Louisville, Tour Du Lexington KY, Tour du Phoenix, Tour du I-64 from Louisville to West Virginia, Tour Du South Chicago, Tour Du Northern Kentucky, and Tour Du West Florida Panhandle (and that was a short one).

For the record, these were pre-2008. Buzztime bars have close, opened and closed, and opened since then. I don't keep track of where I've been (I did, but lost that list in 2009). Don't ask me if I've been to "ya ya ya" cause I'm too old and drunk to remember

Now that I'm soon to be "no longer married", I'm thinking about starting this again. At first, it will be "close" and "cheap". I'm thinking about a Tour Du Louisville again, just to get back into the swing of things. Come October, I might venture out, within driving distance of the "ville". If things hold up, I will start doing them just for the sake of doing them, and don't care where....perhaps even Toronto.

I'm opening the table for comments. If you'd like to do a Tour of your community, feel free to post. I'm open for ideas on where to go in the fall, as of now due to projected finances, it will be St. Louis, Nashville or Cincy

adoYiniM

Post subject: Re: Yoda's Tours
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

You could do a Tour of central Maryland. You would only have to hit 3 BWW and a small local bar that only has 15 parking spots and is surrounded by businesses and a strip mall that all practice predatory towing.

At least the BWW in Gaithersburg is very trivia friendly, it's always on a tv or two, the past tablet shortage seems to be over and the managers are good about getting requested sports on a tv. Nice place, easy to get to, just off the highway.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

If you do a Tour de NE Ohio, let me know--we'd love to see you in Kent on a Tuesday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:07 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Try Murfreesboro TN, 20 miles or so east of Nashville.

5 sites within about a mile or two... BDubs, Old Chicago, Coconut Bay and Sams Sports Grill.

Book a room at the Clarion Hotel, and the fifth site Nobody's Grille is the hotel restaurant and bar. Pretty Good BBQ, you can have a drink and play, then walk to your room. Perfect to keep the DUIs away.

It is also about exactly halfway from Louisville to Atlanta. If you do it, I'll try to meet you there.

As a plus, the Clarion is relatively inexpensive, and has a surprisingly good complimentary breakfast.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:50 am 
Lotsa Posta

I see that Murfreesboro TN does have a nice collection of Buzztime sites, considering its size. Also several other sites outside Nashville itself.

I also see that Clarksville is a good place for reviving my Tours. I see the five sites (I've been to the Old Chicago, but I'll be happy to go back). There is a BW's in Dickson, not sure if it could be added as #6, and on my way there I can visit OT Sports in Franklin KY and two sites in Bowling Green. Now, I have to figure out when to do it, how many days I'll take doing it, etc.

The table is open.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:51 am 
Golden Tee Master

FYI. Franklin location is a smoking bar.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:09 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Just a heads up. Pencil down a tour-du-Nashville sometime in early October.

I'm currently going through a divorce and helping a friend rebuild a 4-unit apartment. Both of these should be done by late September, and I'm going to need a vacation. My plans, for now, are to take a week and a two weekends, and visit Buzztime sites south of Louisville.

I'm planning visits along I-65, going a few miles east/west, covering Clarksville TN, Bowling Green KY, Franklin KY on my way down. I'll make my way to Nashville, and will visit Scar's recommended sites in Murfressboro, along with sites in and around Nashville.

My plans are to take 10 days, so I will do more than just trivia bars. I'm going to be the perfect tourist, which means visiting sites along the way, such as the Corvette Museum, Grand Ole Opry/Ryman Auditorium (been there, but still cool), The Hermitage, etc.

If anyone is in the area, or wants to meet up, pencil down a vacation to Nashville in early October. I'll post more details/plans in a few weeks.

MiniYoda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:16 pm 
Lotsa Posta

cards wrote:
FYI. Franklin location is a smoking bar.

I'll be thinking of Cloudy when I visit this site.

Miss ya Cloudy

MiniYoda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:19 am 
Centenarian

Cooter's Place is a must visit for any guy who grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard. Cooter's Place is right across the street from Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:42 pm 

When I was in Nashville a couple weeks ago, I played at "Beyond the Edge". Friendly folks, but they have a "host" on Tuesday, and they play cutthroat rather than team because the host gives prizes to Showdown Round and Game winners. The prizes generally are of the free beer (that night) and free meal (gift cert for future visit) variety. They made an exception in my case, as I don't drink, and I'm not local, so my round prizes went to the next lower player, and they covered my meal that night for my game win.