New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 86th Street Pub in Indianapolis
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I got my days off for my trip to Indy and play at 86th Street Pub on September 25-27. I will play from 3p (open) to 9p on 9-25 and Will play LTT there the next day and then come back at 5p and play til 10p. I know on that date will be week 3 of STC at 7:30p est.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: 86th Street Pub in Indianapolis
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:25 pm 
Centenarian

MitchWolf wrote:
I got my days off for my trip to Indy and play at 86th Street Pub on September 25-27. I will play from 3p (open) to 9p on 9-25 and Will play LTT there the next day and then come back at 5p and play til 10p. I know on that date will be week 3 of STC at 7:30p est.

I'll be sure to come in for SIQ that sunday, it'll be nice to have some help :). TURBO tries, but he's usually a full afternoon of vodka down by then :).

gavv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:13 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I'll be sure to come in for SIQ that sunday, it'll be nice to have some help :). TURBO tries, but he's usually a full afternoon of vodka down by then :).

gavv[/quote]

I would love to get down to 86th Street and play Sports trivia with you guys sometime. Im a few hours away, but not really that bad. I'll have to see if I can work it out sometime over the next few months.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Got my Plans set for the trip

Leaves St Louis on the 24th @ 11:15p and arrives around 6a.

Hopes to check in at The Days Inn off W Michigan early before I arrive at 86th Street Pub at 12noon.

Will be there for the NFL action (plus root for the Colts on SNF) and play LT, BTT, CD n Sports IQ with you all Sunday (25th).

The do it all again again Monday (26th).

Will leave at 1p (TUE the 27th) from Indy back home (hopefull arrive back in time to help Baxters in the Sandbag tourney)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:47 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Looks I have to go inside 86th Street Pub before check-in :|

Leaving St Louis tonight at 11:15p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:51 am 
Lord of Scaratings

I'll look for you on ze boards.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I did score top scores in the 1:15p (est) n 1:30p games as well help SPOTES, GAVV n DRYRUB to a Sports IQ win.

Well I will try it again tomorrow on LTT, BTT, CD n FSTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I would like to thank 86th Street Pub in Indianapolis for the warm n fun reception. Love the turkey burger and the Hoosier Hysteria Burger.

It was nice to meet SPOTES (Harry), GAVV, STEVE, TURBO (Rob), JAKE and MURPH (John) and enjoyed playing along side with em. We rule in both Sports Premiums.

Had no trouble with the public transit or finding the establishment. In spite of rain Sunday (nice on Monday), The 10 min walk from 86th Pub to Days Inn didn't damper me one bit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

EGADS!!!

Those guys at 86th St. will tolerate about anyone!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
EGADS!!!

Jake mentioned about the time you were there....heck I want you to stop my home bar some time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:21 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
EGADS!!!

Yes.

Would you believe that they were even polite enough to pretend that they wanted me to visit again someday? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Glad you had fun, Mitch.

Personally, I would have been happy winning just one premium game, but I'm sure you got a sense of what a bunch of show-offs the other guys are. :D
Since you were such a good egg, you're always welcome back.
And, unlike Tanaka, I really mean it this time... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:54 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

spotes wrote:

Mental note: on next visit to 86th Street, leave SPOTES out every time I buy a round.

Wait...crap, that won't work... :x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Glad you had fun, Mitch.

Personally, I would have been happy winning just one premium game, but I'm sure you got a sense of what a bunch of show-offs the other guys are. :D

Thanx SPOTES, I may do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:52 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Apparently they really didn't mean it this time when they said I'd be welcome.

I showed up at 86th Street yesterday and had a good time with the crowd for three hours. They knew I'd be back today and the weekend.

I showed up at 11:00 AM. JAKE dropped by briefly for three games of LTT. CEHAWK and STIFFY, not exactly leading national players, played a couple more games each. They left. One regular player with over five medals dropped by the other half of the site and didn't play, but he said that he'd be back after visiting a store a mile away. He never returned. I went off at 4:30 for a long walk. I came back just after 7:00, hot and tired. ROCKNE and another regular greeted me. I voiced my frustration at the situation. The other regular left. ROCKNE called me a "motherfucking crybaby," among other comments, loud enough for the entire bar to hear him. I thanked him for his feedback, stepped outside, and spoke to the manager on duty. He didn't give a damn. He didn't care to speak to the distraught and appalled server who had heard ROCKNE. He didn't care.

86th Street is normally a leading national site on Friday afternoons. I understand any one player not being there...I don't understand leaving a guest from 800 miles away alone without warning during a normally nationally-competitive period for the site. I really don't understand being loudly and publicly called a "motherfucking crybaby" for raising the issue that evening. I furthermore don't understand management accepting that conduct from its patrons.

I advise players to avoid 86th Street Pub unless they have a specific sponsor for the specific time of visit. There are good people who play there. There are assholes who play there. The management supports the assholes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:51 pm 
Himself Fodder

You tattled to the manager because someone called you a name in a drinking establishment? Hell, SPOTES calls me a motherfucking crybaby at least once per game when we play.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
You tattled to the manager because someone called you a name in a drinking establishment? Hell, SPOTES calls me a motherfucking crybaby at least once per game when we play.

Fair enough, BO. I won't expect hospitality if I ever visit Stadium Cafe.

My experience is that folks who drive halfway across a continent and give warning of the visit are usually treated better. 86th Street throws the f-bomb at me for expecting just one of their several leading players to be there when they're normally there...and you would say the same thing, too.

But at least you made that clear before I booked the hotel, you know... ;)

Edit: But seriously, BO, there were two standards of etiquette broken here:

1) Screaming that I'm a bleeping asshole loud enough for the entire bar to hear when I'm supposed to be a guest; and

2) Not mentioning that nobody would be playing when I'm a guest in town. That's really the bigger one...I can't expect everybody at every minute, but I feel that I should expect somebody most of the time during periods the site is usually near the top of the boards. I can find sites closer to hotels than 86th Street is...I came for the camaraderie, and being called the f-bomb when nobody shows isn't world-class hospitality.

Last edited by WB TANAKA on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 pm 
Himself Fodder

WB TANAKA wrote:
-BO- wrote:

My experience is that folks who drive halfway across a continent and give warning of the visit are usually treated better. 86th Street throws the f-bomb at me for expecting just one of their several leading players to be there when they're normally there...and you would say the same thing, too.

I didn't comment on your frustration with the players or lack thereof, I'd like to hear both sides. All I was saying was that it's no big deal to be called a name in a drinking establishment. Kind of goes with the territory.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:15 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
WB TANAKA wrote:
-BO- wrote:

I didn't comment on your frustration with the players or lack thereof, I'd like to hear both sides. All I was saying was that it's no big deal to be called a name in a drinking establishment. Kind of goes with the territory.

I'd love to hear both sides. SPOTES is reading this right now...he's been silent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

STEVE and I both work on Fridays, WB.
We just don't usually play that day.
I rearranged my work schedule tomorrow to be there from 1 to 5pm if you want to meet up. STEVE works until 6, but should drop by after that.
TURBO or MKRCHD might drop by but, if not, I like to think that my meager contibutions will suffice.

As a point of interest, ROCKNE won a premium game by betting only 10% on a question that we all missed and I told him not to get any beer on his skirt. He told me to "Go fuck myself" and didn't talk to me for a year or so. Imagine my disappointment...

Edited to add: I just looked at STEVE's badges and he was there after work today from 4:30ish to 7:30.
I asked him yesterday if he was coming over for awhile to keep you company. Apparently, he made the attempt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:11 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

spotes wrote:
STEVE and I both work on Fridays, WB.
We just don't usually play that day.
I rearranged my work schedule tomorrow to be there from 1 to 5pm if you want to meet up. STEVE works until 6, but should drop by after that.
TURBO or MKRCHD might drop by but, if not, I like to think that my meager contibutions will suffice.

As a point of interest, ROCKNE won a premium game by betting only 10% on a question that we all missed and I told him not to get any beer on his skirt. He told me to "Go fuck myself" and didn't talk to me for a year or so. Imagine my disappointment...

I remember going head to head with 86th Street many Fridays, but most notably on my visit to Florida and Chase Club. SOB would remember that day a few months ago vividly...

Last Friday three of your veteran players played Countdown. I agree that you've been away for a while on Fridays...but others have generally been around. Had I known, though, I certainly could've just made other plans for after LTT...as I posted, one of your high-scoring regulars said he'd be right back 90 minutes before I finally left. Pardon my misunderstanding.

I understand that ROCKNE may be coarse in his vernacular. There's usually a grace period for first-met invited guests, as well as a volume control...candidly, the server looked pretty shocked, and she knows him.

Regarding Saturday, I've cancelled my hotel already. I'm leaving town, and I don't want to go back to 86th Street Pub. There are around 4,000 other Buzztime sites where I've never been called a "fucking" anything at full volume with support of management. I'll play at one of them. You were very kind to me this visit, as you always have been. Pardon that I made other plans while I believed that you were working. I'm sure that you understand what my perspective was at the moment I changed plans. I hope to see you next weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:27 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Edited to add: I just looked at STEVE's badges and he was there after work today from 4:30ish to 7:30.
I asked him yesterday if he was coming over for awhile to keep you company. Apparently, he made the attempt.

It's inopportune that his arrival followed my departure...but I just didn't know, and every other day I've visited the site has been busy all afternoon.

I'd've been gone by 3:00 if not for the promise somebody else was just going to Lowe's...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:45 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:
spotes wrote:

It's inopportune that his arrival followed my departure...but I just didn't know, and every other day I've visited the site has been busy all afternoon.

I'd've been gone by 3:00 if not for the promise somebody else was just going to Lowe's...

When I visited 86th Street, I went on the days they are at their best (back then FSTC was on Mondays and SIQ on Sundays). Like SPOTES said they enjoyed my company and may come back there....maybe in March 2013.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:07 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

My edited Buzztime review:

JHB

Jul 13 2012 06:55PM

I had a good time at 86th Street a year ago.

It's changed. I recommend avoiding the site

The responses:

stevecard

Jul 18 2012 07:35AM

Well, I was wondering if Bill (JHB) would delete his textbook like stellar review from last year and post a new one in its place and of course he can't help himself. Believe what you want but the only thing that changed is what was in his own expectations, which by his own admission was based on patterns of play 6 months ago. Can someone send me the Buzztime guide to guest etiquette please? Apparently not having a baby sitting regular player at all times during a guest visit is a rules violation. Those who have been guests before know the true story. The man needs to get a life outside of Buzztime.

(Note regarding life outside of Buzztime:

STEVE's P+ Points = 38,154,500
My P+ Points = 4,281,700)

jakehayes

Jul 15 2012 09:38AM

Buzztime players, please don't let the opinion of one drunken douchenozzle influence you from playing here at the Pub. He breezes into town, expects everyone to arrange their schedules to accomodate his, then makes an ass out of himself to patrons, staff, and the owner! The 86th Street Pub has ALWAYS welcomed players and I'm sure that they will continue to do so..

Drunken douchenozzle?

Here's what the Scaratings community should know: the site released my cash tab to one of the players to try to prove how drunk I was. They didn't add that I'd been buying drinks for others I recognized from last year or who played with me, including one who took the opportunity to enjoy more than one free Patron. That significantly escalated the tab.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A BAR RELEASING CASH TAB RECORDS WITHOUT A WARRANT.

Furthermore, given that I drink Budweiser, I think that releasing just the cash tab including premium hard liquor may have swayed perceptions just a little bit...obviously intentionally. When I came back I was over two hours more sober than I had been upon departure. I take breaks to sober up and to eat better food than available in a bar; those at Triviapalooza saw that. I did have a sweat-soaked polo shirt that would have smelled of beer sweat; I was, and I remain, very hard of hearing, and that may have facilitated perceptions.

I drink. I don't drive drunk; I drink. I drink roughly as much as many of my peers here at Triviapalooza. I'm, on the whole, very polite when drinking. Again, dozens across Buzztime know that.

I suggest that 86th Street Pub look in a mirror before belittling guests for this review:

"I had a good time at 86th Street a year ago. It's changed. I recommend avoiding the site."

There are worse things I could have said...but my theme was that you belittle guests, so I guess I should've expected it.

Edit: On the topic, "Can someone send me the Buzztime guide to guest etiquette please? Apparently not having a baby sitting regular player at all times during a guest visit is a rules violation."

For my visit to StringZ and WingZ Monday and Tuesday, ANON said that the regulars might or might not be there Monday evening and that the Fellowship wouldn't be in until about 7:30 Tuesday. I dropped by for Happy Hour Monday and played against a few non-Fellowship locals, and I enjoyed LTT solo. That was fine...whatever is arranged/promised as the visit is set up and continues should be the expected norm, and nothing can be expected for a surprise visit. I think that's the Buzztime norm.

Last edited by WB TANAKA on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:36 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

And, as a reminder to those who call me a "crybaby" or worse for expecting the regulars:

spotes wrote:
If anyone is planning on stopping by 86th Street Pub either before or after TP5 this year, please let me know so that I can arrange to have some of our regulars available to act as hosts during your visit.

If you don't want company, just say you won't be there...that's not what you said.