New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Southern Ohio - September 30- October 7
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:53 pm 
First Palindrome

Taking a week to visit family near Portsmouth and to play at Various sites. Any reccomendations?

Post subject: Re: Southern Ohio - September 30- October 7
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

NHeff wrote:
Taking a week to visit family near Portsmouth and to play at Various sites. Any reccomendations?

BDubs Portsmouth is, by reputation, large, clean, and friendly, but it's not a leading site.

Eric and the gang at Ironton, a half hour to the southeast of Portsmouth, are your best bet for serious trivia.

Have fun, and welcome to Scaratings!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:34 pm 
First Palindrome

WB TANAKA wrote:
NHeff wrote:

BDubs Portsmouth is, by reputation, large, clean, and friendly, but it's not a leading site.

Eric and the gang at Ironton, a half hour to the southeast of Portsmouth, are your best bet for serious trivia.

Have fun, and welcome to Scaratings!

Thank you for the information. Looks I might make the trek to the Ironton Sites Friday-Wednesday

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

NHeff wrote:
Thank you for the information. Looks I might make the trek to the Ironton Sites Friday-Wednesday

Bring your, ummm, 'special playmaker.'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:57 am 
First Palindrome

lewser wrote:
NHeff wrote:

Bring your, ummm, 'special playmaker.'

???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:39 am 
First Palindrome

My trip to Southern Ohio started when I stopped and Played a few games at the Emmitt House in Waverly, Ohio on my trip South. Nice restaurant, quiet and a welcoming atmosphere. Not many players, but service was good. Made it to Portsmouth and played at the Buffalo Wild Wings. This place is nice! But they have very few playmakers. Tanaka was correct when he mentioned not much competition, but there's tons of TVs and the service was good.

Im planning on making my trip eastward for Monday, Buffalo Wild Wings in Ironton for regular games and maybe Sports Trivia. I'll do another updated review and any other additional info after I get back to my hotel room.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:38 am 
Himself Fodder

NHeff wrote:
My trip to Southern Ohio started when I stopped and Played a few games at the Emmitt House in Waverly, Ohio on my trip South. Nice restaurant, quiet and a welcoming atmosphere. Not many players, but service was good. Made it to Portsmouth and played at the Buffalo Wild Wings. This place is nice! But they have very few playmakers. Tanaka was correct when he mentioned not much competition, but there's tons of TVs and the service was good.

Im planning on making my trip eastward for Monday, Buffalo Wild Wings in Ironton for regular games and maybe Sports Trivia. I'll do another updated review and any other additional info after I get back to my hotel room.

What games did you play at the above locations? What's your handle? Details man, details!

BO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:28 am 
First Palindrome

-BO- wrote:
NHeff wrote:

What games did you play at the above locations? What's your handle? Details man, details!

BO

I'm a basic casual player. I don't even have a players plus account. When I play I usually play NH or NHEFF. I just played some Buzztime trivia games and Countdown at Emmitt House as well as Lunchtime Trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings in Portsmouth before the QB1 game cane on. Then went to visit family.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:34 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

NHeff wrote:
I'm a basic casual player. I don't even have a players plus account.

Seriously, those of us in the community know each other by our Buzztime Account handles. You called me Tanaka; my two top accounts are WB and TANAKA, names that occasionally on (very) lucky days show up on the national leaderboard. Sign up so that you're part of the community with us!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:39 am 
First Palindrome

After traveling eastward down Route 52 in Southern Ohio I made it to the small town of Ironton Ohio. A nice little town with quite a bit of Traffic. I pull into Buffalo Wild Wings very large parking lot. This Store is part of a large shopping center. I walk towards the back of the restaurant and sit at the bar. This is a very nice restaurant. I saw between 10-15 tvs and two big screens on trivia (this never happens at our Buffalo Wild Wings) but for sure a welcome surprise. The bartender quickly grabs me a playmaker and a beer. I look up at the screen and see 6 players playing with pretty good scores. I look around to see where the players were and saw a gentleman sitting at the other end of the bar with all 6 playmakers. I went down and introduced myself to ERIC ( who also plays ITZQAZ OHIOST BUKEYE TWYZRD and ITIGER, nice guy who obviously loves to play trivia. Well he invited me to move down and play, I grabbed my things and moved down to where the entire corner of tvs were on trivia. He told me his Sports Trivia players were on their way. About 30 minutes later Shawn aka GOREDS comes in. Nice guy who loves the Bengals and Ohio State, so we talked on that a little it. Bout 10 minutes later Ryan aka EMBALM, KRYONX walks in and then Tyler aka BRUTUS, TROB comes in. So we basically have the entire end and corner of the bar to ourselves. After finishing 4th on the Network on location on Countdown we get ready for Sports Trivia. Shawn said we will do ok but were out a couple players. Dave aka NASDAQ I was told got a new position at a better paying job, and he moved to an area in the Eastern West Virginia panhandle. As well as Brandon BRUSS (because he was a server working dining room side) We played and had a great time playing Sports Trivia. Got 18th location average. But my review of this place and team, the place is great. Welcoming to trivia players. The bartender Tanya I think her name is.. Was awesome. She also makes an awesome $3 margarita. The team has a great time laughing and playing together. Eric told me he plays at the End Zone In downtown Ironton on Tuesday and Invited me down to play with his Showdown group. I will make the trip to there for this evening. Review and details will follow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

NHeff wrote:
After traveling eastward down Route 52 in Southern Ohio I made it to the small town of Ironton Ohio. A nice little town with quite a bit of Traffic. I pull into Buffalo Wild Wings very large parking lot. This Store is part of a large shopping center. I walk towards the back of the restaurant and sit at the bar. This is a very nice restaurant. I saw between 10-15 tvs and two big screens on trivia (this never happens at our Buffalo Wild Wings) but for sure a welcome surprise. The bartender quickly grabs me a playmaker and a beer. I look up at the screen and see 6 players playing with pretty good scores. I look around to see where the players were and saw a gentleman sitting at the other end of the bar with all 6 playmakers. I went down and introduced myself to ERIC ( who also plays ITZQAZ OHIOST BUKEYE TWYZRD and ITIGER, nice guy who obviously loves to play trivia. Well he invited me to move down and play, I grabbed my things and moved down to where the entire corner of tvs were on trivia. He told me his Sports Trivia players were on their way. About 30 minutes later Shawn aka GOREDS comes in. Nice guy who loves the Bengals and Ohio State, so we talked on that a little it. Bout 10 minutes later Ryan aka EMBALM, KRYONX walks in and then Tyler aka BRUTUS, TROB comes in. So we basically have the entire end and corner of the bar to ourselves. After finishing 4th on the Network on location on Countdown we get ready for Sports Trivia. Shawn said we will do ok but were out a couple players. Dave aka NASDAQ I was told got a new position at a better paying job, and he moved to an area in the Eastern West Virginia panhandle. As well as Brandon BRUSS (because he was a server working dining room side) We played and had a great time playing Sports Trivia. Got 18th location average. But my review of this place and team, the place is great. Welcoming to trivia players. The bartender Tanya I think her name is.. Was awesome. She also makes an awesome $3 margarita. The team has a great time laughing and playing together. Eric told me he plays at the End Zone In downtown Ironton on Tuesday and Invited me down to play with his Showdown group. I will make the trip to there for this evening. Review and details will follow.

Did the SPorts Trivia players ever arrive?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:06 am 
First Palindrome

Eric, Shawn Ryan and Tyler were the Sports Trivia players. They're pretty good
people and pretty good Sports Trivia Players. Why are you so hard on them?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:45 pm 
First Palindrome

Well just got home from an exciting evening of trivia. Got the opportunity to play the End Zone in downtown Ironton, Ohio. A really nice mom and pop bar with a unique bar setup and the biggest and best Long Island Iced Teas I've ever tried. Got in around half way through the brainbuster game. I saw Eric and one of his friends were playing fooseball. They got done and Eric introduced me to the rest of the small group in the corner booth. Tyler (BRUTUS, TROB) was there along with his girlfriend Stephanie (SUGA) Nick(DaONE) Seth (SWAGA) Jason (KOJEK) Ryan and Shawn were unable to be there because of work. We got all the remaining playmakers in the restaurant and started playing Showdown. Had an awesome time this evening with the group playing and managed a big #7 location rank with a big call after seeing the list of countries by Eric on Airports. Sadly we missed the first Pyramid round question and Split answers on the Dog question, otherwise we would of done way better. A great group of players who work together and have a fun time. They for sure know how to have a great time. Not sure where i'm playing for Wednesday. More reviews to come.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:10 pm 
Himself Fodder

NHeff wrote:
Tyler (BRUTUS, TROB) was there along with his girlfriend Stephanie (SUGA) Nick(DaONE) Seth (SWAGA) Jason (KOJEK) Ryan and Shawn were unable to be there because of work.

Wow, some new blood.

Eric, where did you find all these new players?

BO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

My question is:

Where's GOOGIE theses days?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:59 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
New blood? Are you kidding me? Nick and Seth have been on and off on my group for almost 2 years.... Since I started playing at End Zone they've been playing a lot more. They're Also on my name that tune team. Ryan has been on my team for over a year. Jason has played on and off on my team for almost a year. And Tyler and Stephanie have started playing on our sports team for almost 2 months now and came in last night. What you're saying BO is getting really old.

Oh BTW Nate, me and Ryan should be at End Zone again tonight if you wanna play again there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
tiefly wrote:
My question is:

Where's GOOGIE theses days?

All I know is, he still plays at BWW Ironton on Tuesdays. I went to End Zone for obvious reasons. Other than that I don't know.

Just wondering if he was still playing.

Hope he survived the unfortunate illness that did not allow him to make it to Triviapalooza this year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:11 pm 
Himself Fodder

ERIC wrote:
New blood? Are you kidding me? Nick and Seth have been on and off on my group for almost 2 years.... Since I started playing at End Zone they've been playing a lot more. They're Also on my name that tune team. Ryan has been on my team for over a year. Jason has played on and off on my team for almost a year. And Tyler and Stephanie have started playing on our sports team for almost 2 months now and came in last night. What you're saying BO is getting really old.

Sorry, I've had one new teammate on my teams in the last five years so I guess anything seems like new blood to me. And KOJEK probably rings a bell after some thought, maybe from the last McCarthy Cup, I don't know. My head still hurts from the ass whipping that game gave us last night.

BO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

Sorry, I've had one new teammate on my teams in the last five years so I guess anything seems like new blood to me. And KOJEK probably rings a bell after some thought, maybe from the last McCarthy Cup, I don't know. My head still hurts from the ass whipping that game gave us last night.

BO

I think BO scared the other newbies off. :mrgreen: Might have had something to do with the BO Fodder T-shirts they were required to wear!

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:03 pm 
Centenarian

Thank you for your concern Tiefly I am better since my visit to King's Daughters Hospital very nice place since it employs most of the town here in Ashland. I was very sad that I could not attend this year and hope to be able to next if there is one. I would travel to Morgantown maybe in the spring but I don't know what my class schedule will be. Unfortantly Eric choose other things over the friends he had spent time with at a half dozen locations over the last decade.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

googie wrote:
Thank you for your concern Tiefly I am better since my visit to King's Daughters Hospital very nice place since it employs most of the town here in Ashland. I was very sad that I could not attend this year and hope to be able to next if there is one. I would travel to Morgantown maybe in the spring but I don't know what my class schedule will be. Unfortantly Eric choose other things over the friends he had spent time with at a half dozen locations over the last decade.

Glad that you are feeling better.

BTW--cool name for a hospital...EGADS!!! We're stuck with the United Hospital Center (UHC, rhymes with yuck).

Post subject: Seeing that tomorrow is the back end of...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Seeing that tomorrow is the back end of this time frame, it looks like I won't make it. I hope you guys had fun. Wish I could have been there. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:19 am 
First Palindrome

I want to apologize to Eric and Ryan for not being able to make it out last night. I was driving Route 52 on the way to Ironton when my vehicle started having problems between New Boston and Wheelersburg. After having it towed and in the shop this morning the mechanic said that my torque converter went out while on the highway. Which is about a $200-300 job. I don't know if I'll be playing tonight or not.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:25 pm 
Golden Tee Master

lewser wrote:
ERIC wrote:

Oh BTW Nate, me and Ryan should be at End Zone again tonight if you wanna play again there.