New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HOOTERS
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:28 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Hooters has a few new sauces that are really nice and the wings recently are much larger. Of course you have to be there.

Post subject: Re: HOOTERS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Although I was a fairly regular customer of Hooters in the 1996-2004 timeframe, in recent years I find the customer service to be well below the standard that they used to set. Also, I've yet to find a Hooters that supported Buzztime well, and I've found a few Hooters that pay for the game just for the Texas Hold'Em, refusing to dedicate just one screen to trivia.

When I travel, I research available Buzztime sites via site finder and I try to go to the best available. Of course I try to get to the powerhouse sites, and they're almost always good times. But there are a ton of really fun sites out there lurking in rankings between 50th and 500th nationally...that's where I try to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The only Hooters that I've visited that had NTN was the one in Lakewood, CO that I visited in 2007. Perhaps things have changed since then, but I had no complaints about playing trivia there.

{A quick search shows that things have changed. There no longer appears to be a Hooters in Colorado with NTN, although the Lakewood Hooters is still there.)

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:
Although I was a fairly regular customer of Hooters in the 1996-2004 timeframe, in recent years I find the customer service to be well below the standard that they used to set. Also, I've yet to find a Hooters that supported Buzztime well, and I've found a few Hooters that pay for the game just for the Texas Hold'Em, refusing to dedicate just one screen to trivia.

When I travel, I research available Buzztime sites via site finder and I try to go to the best available. Of course I try to get to the powerhouse sites, and they're almost always good times. But there are a ton of really fun sites out there lurking in rankings between 50th and 500th nationally...that's where I try to go.

All I'm saying is that recently the food has really improved. It's not like you are a really distinguished player to whom I'm going to defer. On the other hand let's just passively trash Hooters and find a lot less places to play.

Sir or Dame Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:

All I'm saying is that recently the food has really improved. It's not like you are a really distinguished player to whom I'm going to defer. On the other hand let's just passively trash Hooters and find a lot less places to play.

Sir or Dame Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:

Sir or Dame Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:

Sir or Dame Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:

Sir or Dame Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:44 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim, you seem to have made six identical posts here.

No, as proof that I have no taste at all, I visit Hooters quite often. None of the Hooters in my area have NTN or seem to be about to. When I visit, it's usually the weekend, where I wouldn't be playing NTN anyway. I used to enjoy visiting Hooters on Tuesday night, as they had a pencil & paper trivia game; I haven't played that in years.

I can't say the food has improved. It is what it is. But at least I haven't been sick from eating there for the past 15 years.

(I should mention that the Hooters in NYC, which is on 56th a block off of Broadway, actually had a roast beef dinner that I really liked, but I haven't seen it offered anywhere else.)

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
I can't say the food has improved. It is what it is. But at least I haven't been sick from eating there for the past 15 years.

-- RWM

The first time I ate at a Hooters on 5-5-95, I was served a botulism-laden chicken sandwich that made me sick for four days.
No chick's boobs are awesome enough to have to deal with that... :D
I went to a Hooters in February of this year for my second visit.
Not a whole lot different really. Well, except for cutting down on the random poisonings. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
zog741 wrote:

-- RWM

The first time I ate at a Hooters on 5-5-95, I was served a botulism-laden chicken sandwich that made me sick for four days.
No chick's boobs are awesome enough to have to deal with that... :D
I went to a Hooters in February of this year for my second visit.
Not a whole lot different really. Well, except for cutting down on the random poisonings. :D

Fifteen years ago, it was their "Ultimate Ham and Cheese Sandwich", which I haven't ordered since. I was sick for about a day.

You celebrated Cinco de Mayo at Hooters? :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Fifteen years ago, it was their "Ultimate Ham and Cheese Sandwich", which I haven't ordered since. I was sick for about a day.

You celebrated Cinco de Mayo at Hooters? :D

I ate there before going to see the Eagles on their Hell Freezes Over tour.
Ironically, it was set at an outdoor venue and we achieved our record low for that date that very night, 32 degrees.
It was getting cold so fast, they only played about an hour and a half.
I don't think I really got my $87 worth. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I agree at times their food can get you sick but i eat their boneless wings more than their burgers.

Been going there more than BWW or the Edge since Baxters closed.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:14 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Now that Varsity Grill in Tallahassee, FL closed 6/24, most of us regulars will move our points to Hooter's in
Tallahassee, FL. Their 5.99 Monday Burgers and Fries and their Big Fish (Perch) sandwich are my favorites. I haven't gotten sick yet but their service is very slow serving and paying.