New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Old Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Old Chicago in Bettendorf is no more. The bartender told us that Buzztime couldn't/wouldn't fix their boards. We think Buzztime is a sinking ship.

Post subject: Re: Old Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:35 am 
Himself Fodder

BGTUNA wrote:
Old Chicago in Bettendorf is no more. The bartender told us that Buzztime couldn't/wouldn't fix their boards. We think Buzztime is a sinking ship.

Dude, do you believe everything a bartender tells you? I have boards sent in for repair/replacement all the time and they come back within 2 weeks. Chances are the bartender is woefully ignorant and current management didn't have clue one regarding BT.

Regardless of what the truth happens to be, it is always sad to see a site drop BT. Sorry for the loss.

BO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:07 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BGTUNA wrote:

Bettendorf is no more. Yeah.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:35 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BGTUNA wrote:

I believe Buzztime need to fire the Rep there and hire a friendlier one that can find trivia friendly places. Its a shame Old Chicago getting screwed by a rep who just don't f'n care.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:

Dude, do you believe everything a bartender tells you? I have boards sent in for repair/replacement all the time and they come back within 2 weeks. Chances are the bartender is woefully ignorant and current management didn't have clue one regarding BT.

Regardless of what the truth happens to be, it is always sad to see a site drop BT. Sorry for the loss.

BO

I understand that there are two sides to every story, but this is not the first place that I know that has dropped Buzztime that has told me this. On the other hand, there are places that obviously know nothing about promoting Buzztime. Those are the places that you have to ask them to tune Buzztime in because it isn't on, or they have no advertising about the game.

Old Chicago has had the game for years. So, yes, I do believe the bartender. Either the game got too expensive for them and he didn't want to say that, or, like he claimed, Buzztime wasn't keeping the equipment up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:

Bettendorf is no more. Yeah.

Am I missing something Frank?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:16 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well, we just got some replacement boards that work fine. Sounds like it may be a regional thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:32 pm 
Himself Fodder

ranger wrote:
Well, we just got some replacement boards that work fine. Sounds like it may be a regional thing.

C'mon man, a regional thing? Have you ever sent a PM back? It works the same way at all sites! The site has envelopes for the PM's, you call BT to get a tag number, and you ship it off to Carlsbad.

If you have a remotely competent manager and/or player, the local BT rep is not involved in the process.

BO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
ranger wrote:

C'mon man, a regional thing? Have you ever sent a PM back? It works the same way at all sites! The site has envelopes for the PM's, you call BT to get a tag number, and you ship it off to Carlsbad.

If you have a remotely competent manager and/or player, the local BT rep is not involved in the process.

BO

LIke I said before:

Quote:
I believe Buzztime need to fire the Rep there and hire a friendlier one that can find trivia friendly places. Its a shame Old Chicago getting screwed by a rep who just don't f'n care.

When Baxters (my former home bar that closed one day after the World Series) had broken boxes, the Rep gave em envelopes and the owners sent em back and got new boxes in place of the broken one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
ranger wrote:

BO

Our rep actually replaces broke PMs himself. Sometimes they are replaced with broke PMs. He does try.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:45 pm 
Himself Fodder

FrankC wrote:
Our rep actually replaces broke PMs himself. Sometimes they are replaced with broke PMs. He does try.

Good for him on trying and bad for him on the broken ones. On occasion that has happened at our site as well, but unless your rep is above and beyond, it's quicker and easier to send 'em to Carlsbad.

BT has enough to worry about without misinformation being thrown about regarding difficulty replacing PM's.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
FrankC wrote:

Good for him on trying and bad for him on the broken ones. On occasion that has happened at our site as well, but unless your rep is above and beyond, it's quicker and easier to send 'em to Carlsbad.

BT has enough to worry about without misinformation being thrown about regarding difficulty replacing PM's.

BO

If they are replacing bad boards with bad boards, it sounds like the problem is at corporate. Why aren't they making new boards or at least refurbing the broken boards and checking to make sure they work before sending them back out?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 am 
Himself Fodder

BGTUNA wrote:
-BO- wrote:
FrankC wrote:

BO

If they are replacing bad boards with bad boards, it sounds like the problem is at corporate. Why aren't they making new boards or at least refurbing the broken boards and checking to make sure they work before sending them back out?

I see how my statement could be misconstrued. In the past the rep has replaced our boards, we have not received broken boards. So as far as I know, receiving broken boards is not a corporate issue. Just an issue with the local rep in question.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
I see how my statement could be misconstrued. In the past the rep has replaced our boards, we have not received broken boards. So as far as I know, receiving broken boards is not a corporate issue. Just an issue with the local rep in question.

BO
[/quote]

I probably should have just replied to Frank's post here. He said that his location received broken Playmakers. If the rep is getting broken boards from corporate to replace other broken boards, that would be a corporate problem. If the rep is just lazy and is just handing out broken boards and claiming they have been refurbished, then it is a rep problem.

Where is Red when we need her? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

SMH on Frank and Tuna.....Bo knows on replacing boxes. Enuff said :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:02 pm 
Centenarian

Just an update on sending playmakers back. I send them all in for our location and the process has changed a little. The good thing is you can now log them in online and get an RMA number (on the owner's Buzztime page if you have permission) without having to call them. On the other hand it is only ground shipping now and they are sent to Hilliard, OH and the turnaround time is now about 2 weeks. We can't use the old labels or envelopes. Also, I send a playmaker back almost every month and I've sent a non-working one in, just to get another non-working one back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I've been sending back the broken PMs for Hardtimes for years and have never got a broken one back. On occasion a PM on an already used frequency # but that is easy to fix.

Last week Hardtimes sent back 4 Pms and the process had changed as Brandy said. When you call the CS # it's an automated process now to get the pick up tag. Used to have to give broken PM info to a live rep.

Haven't got them back to know how long it takes now.

We send about 2 a month back, I was slacking off to get 4 bad ones sitting around.

The playmakers last about 4 maybe 5 months and are trash again and we send em back again. Over and over. It's usually the batteries only lasting 20/30 mins that gets them sent back.
Got to keep up or you'll end up with not enough good PMs for everyone to have 3 or 4 each. :mrgreen:

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!