New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Milwaukee 53217 suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:29 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Will be there next week. Will probably miss Tuesday but should certainly get Wednesday session and possibly Monday too. Any recommendations? Good solo competition preferred but team OK too. Or even just a worthy bar with little BT activity as long as it's reliably available. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Milwaukee 53217 suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:25 am 

Rhino wrote:
Will be there next week. Will probably miss Tuesday but should certainly get Wednesday session and possibly Monday too. Any recommendations? Good solo competition preferred but team OK too. Or even just a worthy bar with little BT activity as long as it's reliably available. Thanks!

http://www.buzztime.com/site/15390

Went to Paulie's Pub last year after attending a White Sox/Brewers game. I liked the atmosphere. Being from IL, it was odd to see smoking in the bar and I actually felt like going outside to light up. (Guess the government's got me trained... :( ) There are two sections, one has the bar and the other is just tables. Lots of TVs... The food was quite good and I especially recommend their homemade potato chips. As I recall the servers were quite attractive and ours kept us well supplied in New Glarus product. MMmmmm... New Glarus.

It is, or at least was that day, a solo atmosphere. We played on the opposite side of the bar where the rest were seated. The day ended nicely; I got my one and (so far) only perfect on a BTT. As congratulations were being passed around by my cohorts, and couple that had apparently been playing exited the bar via the exit on our side. I recieved a verifiable case of... :evil: :evil: EVIL EYE :evil: :evil: But that just added to our fun for the day and didn't at all change my opinion of the site.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

fisk wrote:
[ I recieved a verifiable case of... :evil: :evil: EVIL EYE :evil: :evil: But that just added to our fun for the day and didn't at all change my opinion of the site.

I think that happens to anyone who visits Wisconsin from Illinois.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:52 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

We went here the last 2 years

http://www.buzztime.com/site/3560

Certainly a solo place, we didn't fit in at all and they didn't like our names on the leaderboard (though Fshman soloed the Lunch Trivia boards 2 days while Dante & I were working).

Had a good crowd on Tues & Wedn, downtown place is different than most bdubs.

BubbaD will talk your ear off and is a good player, Ishmal is a fine player but hated us, but don't know if that was just a solo team thing, Banzai put up respectable scores.

We were still able to smoke there last year, so you may want to inquire about the laws now, it was really smoky even for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rhino wrote:

You will get Solo. You might get suspected as being from Illinois or worse yet, Chicago.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:47 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

FrankC wrote:

You will get Solo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:25 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Wisconsin will go smoke-free sometime next Summer. I'm thinking June.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:46 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

ranger wrote:
Wisconsin will go smoke-free sometime next Summer. I'm thinking June.

Yep too late for me I'm afraid (it's July 5 if you really wanna know) but I will not be in range of a more civilized county or locality. This will mean it's just Wed for me. The Monday night line up is not enough fun to get me to put up with that reeking stench.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 pm 
Moons of Uranus

scar wrote:

Certainly a solo place, we didn't fit in at all and they didn't like our names on the leaderboard (though Fshman soloed the Lunch Trivia boards 2 days while Dante & I were working).

BubbaD will talk your ear off and is a good player, Ishmal is a fine player but hated us, but don't know if that was just a solo team thing, Banzai put up respectable scores.

We were still able to smoke there last year, so you may want to inquire about the laws now, it was really smoky even for me.

Apparently you've forgotten about the ungodly slow boards we had to play with there.... I still say we should have gone to the other BWW... at least they have pool tables...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:28 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Khaos wrote:
scar wrote:

Apparently you've forgotten about the ungodly slow boards we had to play with there.... I still say we should have gone to the other BWW... at least they have pool tables...

That's true, but we were walking.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:38 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Dante was still walking at the end of the night? :mrgreen: