New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nashville
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Anyone up in the Nashville/Mt. Juliet area that wouldn't mind a visitor for SIQ and Raceday later this month? If I recall from my last visit, there's a BWW in Hermitage and a bar called USA Sports bar (or something like that) by the interstate.

Post subject: Re: Nashville
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:57 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

UCFHCY, I went on a trip to Nashville about five years ago. There's been remarkable turnover in sites, but here's what I remember.

My favorite site to play in Nashville was Beyond the Edge, a 21+ Sports Bar just north of downtown in a middle-class part of town. There is nothing fancy about the place. I had fun...I remember the fun five years later. You can read my review.

Although it didn't have Buzztime five years ago, I remember The Corner Pub. I'd certainly go there and try it were I visiting again. It's a cross between a Southern family restaurant and a sports bar, with an eclectic downtown and college crowd. Their Buzztime play is VERY infrequent, however, a sign that it may not be on the TV as you come in.

I also believe I remember Sam's Sports Bar and Grill, mostly because it was near Cabana, a site we played that no longer offers Buzztime. (Cabana was one of my worst Buzztime playing experiences from the moment that they refused to give us the no-smoking table we had reserved for our party of three that was ideal for Buzztime, because a party of four might want it, so we were banished to the smoking bar...until the time we finished our session, went for our prearranged cab, and discovered that the owner had told the cab to take a different customer, not the three of us, so we were stuck waiting on another...in the cigarette smoke at the door, looking out at the happy people near Sam's. I had expected better service from a place where the tab for dinner and a few beers was about $100 a customer. Avoid Cabana.) Sam's is a very well-regarded sports bar, but, again, there's almost no Buzztime play.

Trax has a fair amount of play, especially from ERC and LBETH, whom I believe are employed at the hospital. Trax is, I believe, a gay bar. The menu is a bit higher-end than what you'd find at the sports bars around.

By far the most game play around Nashville is at Jonny's, well south of town. BUZZTIME HAS THE LOCATION WRONG ON THEIR MAPS, Google it and check the difference. It's way south of downtown at the intersection of US 31 (Nolensville Pike) and TN 254 (Old Hickory Blvd). If you're trying to meet up with other players, this is the site to do that.

In the Mount Juliet area you have JC's and Cragnackers, both of which have game counts so low that they may have pulled their systems, and the Buffalo Wild Wings and the Hooters, both predictable locations.

Good luck! If I were headed back to Nashville I'd drop by Beyond the Edge and Johnny's, with maybe just a lunchtime stop at the Corner Pub to see if they really use the system. Avoid Cabana. It doesn't have Buzztime any more, and it probably still sucks despite a very high-end menu.

Enjoy your trip!

PS Don't go to Cabana.