New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Philadelphia in July
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:04 pm 
Colt

Hi all--

I will be working in downtown Philadelphia from July 10-21 and am curious about NTN in the area. I don't know which nights if any I will have off, but am hoping to see what's out there.

ESB

Post subject: Re: Philadelphia in July
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ericb wrote:
Hi all--

I will be working in downtown Philadelphia from July 10-21 and am curious about NTN in the area. I don't know which nights if any I will have off, but am hoping to see what's out there.

ESB

Eric, you are pretty much out of luck in downtown Philly. The only bar around is Cavanaugh's and play there is very sparse at best.
There is a guy or 2 that play some Late Shift and some CD but that is it.

Just like in Baltimore and Washington DC, Philly has very little play going on Downtown. However, there are plenty of decent bars out in the suburbs of all 3 cities.

I would check out Cavanaugh's, nice place, historic bar, but don't expect any players unless it's late when you are there.
It's on the the edge of the Penn campus on S. 39th at Walnut. Been there many a time. (long before they got BT)

Good luck.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:05 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Stewart's Brewing Company in Delaware is just a half-hour away. We'd love to have you visit one evening. We play the Wednedsay night games as a team, so that'd be ideal for us. Other than that, there's almost always someone playing at any given time. Let me know if you think you can stop down!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Stewart's Brewing Company in Delaware is just a half-hour away. We'd love to have you visit one evening. We play the Wednedsay night games as a team, so that'd be ideal for us. Other than that, there's almost always someone playing at any given time. Let me know if you think you can stop down!

Stewart's is so great that RXMAW and I drive five hours each way to go there 2-3 times a year to play a game of trivia. AKBAR is a world-class player and a very nice gentleman; the beer competes well nationally; the food is surprisingly good, crafted to match the brews.

As I always tell the owner, "If you didn't have such great people on both sides of the bar, you'd get to be known for your beer."

Stewart's is a must-visit if you're around Philly for that long.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:57 pm 
Lotsa Posta

WB TANAKA wrote:
Akbar71 wrote:

Stewart's is so great that RXMAW and I drive five hours each way to go there 2-3 times a year to play a game of trivia. AKBAR is a world-class player and a very nice gentleman; the beer competes well nationally; the food is surprisingly good, crafted to match the brews.

As I always tell the owner, "If you didn't have such great people on both sides of the bar, you'd get to be known for your beer."

Stewart's is a must-visit if you're around Philly for that long.
WB TANAKA is really very kind. Rest assured that the caliber of play increases significantly when Bill & Michelle visit.